Chapter 16- A old friendship reunited
265 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Koto awoke, and took off his headset. [Ha, guess I should head to sleep this time around.] Koto did the regular take a shower and fall asleep. He woke up as normal and prepared to get ready to game again. After eating, he searched up on the web for more information about MFO. After scrolling up and down, reading stuff from the web. He turned off his computer and put on his headset.

"Game, start." Koto appeared where he last logged off, but he was perfectly fine. [Seems like I should be okay, for now.] He opened his friends list to check if Kokoro was getting on today. He then opened messages and saw a message from Kokoro. *I won't be on today, but we'll play tomorrow.* [Alright, guess it's just me today. But what is it that I should do today?] After thinking a bit, Koto decided to ask Touyo something.

"Touyo?"

"Yes?"

"What exactly are you?" There was silence since Touyo took a while to reply.

"I'm an ai programmed to support the user." [Straightforward, but not the answer i'm looking for.]

"What I mean is, are there other people that could have another of you?"

"No, as I'm the only Touyo around. I think." [You think? Ugh, whatever.]

"So, what are your features Touyo?"

"I can tell you the descriptions of items."

"Already know."

"I can act as a teleport."

"Already know." There was silence after Koto's response.

"Is that all you can do?"

"No, I have more features. It seems they're locked behind scenarios."

"Scenarios?" 

"Apparently, they unlock under certain conditions." [Interesting. This might be helpful when they do unlock.]

"Oh, I just unlocked a new feature."

"Hoh, what is it?"

"It's um, better if I show you." [Show me?] Some sparks appeared in front of Koto, and it continued to get bigger. [What is this?] The sparks cleared away, and a guy appeared. He had black hair, dark brown eyes, slicked back hair, and a very defined face. 

"Um, who are you?" He opened his eyes and responded,

"I'm Touyo!" [I absolutely trust this person.]

"If you're Touyo, then what was the first thing you said to me?"

"Ooooh, It was, 'Welcome to MFO.' Correct?"

"Yes, you are correct."

"Let's go." [That answer is correct, so that means it is Touyo.]

"So the feature you unlocked, allows you to create a physical form?"

"Correct!"

"But I don't see how this is going to help me and weren't you a female in the beginning?" Touyo had a perplexed face before responding. 

"I... I don't have a very valid reason on how this could help, but I do know that I can switch back to a female if you wanted." Touyo said with a smile.

"No, it's fine. It would be a hassle if you just switched back anyways. Can you go back to your AI form?" Touyo suddenly had a sad face,

"You don't want me here? Fine, I understand." 

"No no, I just need to know if you can. For informational purposes, yeah."

"Oh, in that case, I can." [I shouldn't have taken that long to answer me.]

"Anywa-" Koto was interrupted by the sudden sound of clapping. Koto and Touyo turned to the person clapping. Koto suddenly got on the defensive at the sight the guy,

"What are YOU doing here?" 

"What? I don't have the right to be here?" The guy said with a grin. 

"Of course you do, but I believe that the Sarzeji shouldn't."

"Oh of course, I left that behind, just for you Arako. Or did I?" 

"I don't think we should continue talking any further." Koto grabbed Touyo to leave, however Touyo stopped him.

"Do you know him?"

"Yes, and that is not a good thing."

"Aw, I'm crying tears. You would say such bad things about me?"

"Anyways, let's leave now." Koto grabbed Touyo and they left the scene.

"Next time we meet, I'll have a bigger surprise for you." He walked away, humming a tune. Over with Koto and Touyo they only reached the fountain where Jushima and Koto met.

"Who was that? I can feel that he is someone that you would not want to see again." Koto sighed, and said,

"You should know I guess, just in case we run into him again." Koto sat down on the fountain and continued,

"We met in another vrmmo game, but it was war based. It had factions, guns, military warfare, and most importantly, it had betrayal. The name vrmmo was fairly new to society, so of course people would hesitate to try it out. However, with good advertisements, and it being backed up by scientists, people tried it out." Koto hesitated to continue, but still went on,

"I was one of those people, I joined the game and made a name for myself. Of course not without some help, and those people who helped were happy that I grew. But one of those people weren't, that person was Sarzeji. He had a name to murder with no hesitation, and was trouble within his faction. However, I met him while he was stirring up trouble, and got to learn about each other more. He was a great teammate on the field, but he had some troubles."

"Once he saw me rise as a professional player, he didn't like that. So, he hired some people to take me down, socially, and in game. He couldn't beat me with skill, so he had to use underhanded tactics, such as group kill. He wasn't able to beat me, but took me down socially. People were believing the fake rumours, but I couldn't do anything since he was buying time for the rumours to spread. My reputation plummeted, and he took me down." 

"Wow, I'm sorry about that."

"No need to. It's just some old news."

"Anyways, instead of procrastinating, let's go defeat some monsters." Touyo nodded in response, and they left.

10