Chapter 20- An invitation received
197 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Koto awoke from his oh so deep slumber.

"Phew, I'm so tired. I think I'll go to sleep straight away this time." And that's exactly what he did. He took off his headset, and fell straight asleep. He then woke up and did his morning routine. After getting out the shower, he put on a jacket and left his apartment complex. [I've played for a little too long. Maybe I should go out and enjoy life. Nah, I'll just get something to eat then head back home.] Koto then made sure to lock it his door and walked onto the streets.

[What should I eat today. I've been eating too much noodle type food, so maybe I should go for some Ruby's.] Koto took the same path to the ramen shop, but took a right turn right before it. He saw Ruby's and entered it. He saw a line, and walked behind the last person. [Only 4 people, shouldn't take too long. It took a long few minutes for it to be his turn to order.

"What would you like?" The person at the counter asked. 

"I'd like a-" Koto then went through the process of ordering and waited for his food to be prepared. After waiting even longer, he finally got his number 1 meal. He quickly ate his food and left. He started heading back to the apartment, but he was interrupted by a guy with, slicked back brown hair, glasses, and was wearing a business suit. 

"Are you Aikoro Koto?" 

"Yes. May I ask who's asking." [This doesn't seem to be going to a good direction.]

"I'm a messenger from the Arako family, I'm here to give you a letter." The man held out a letter, and Koto grabbed it. 

"What is it that they want now?"

"I don't know, I'm just the messenger." Koto stared blankly at the guy.

"Now if you'll excuse me." The man turned and left. [Never thought my family would find me out... Maybe Kokoro sold me out? No, she wouldn't do that.] He opened the envelope, not giving a care about it. He pulled out the letter, and started reading it. As he continued to read the letter, the more infuriated he got. He crumpled the letter and tossed it in the trash nearby.

"Since you want me to come to you, I'll come to you!" Koto hurriedly stomped towards the direction of his house. He reached his apartment complex walked to the parking lot. He walked over to a motorcycle and hopped on top of it. Koto then entered the keys into the engine, flipped the kick stand upwards, turned the engine on, and left the parking lot. He entered the streets, and started zooming at high speeds, but not higher than the speed limit. He stopped at lights, and flew past other cars once the light turned green. Koto then repeated this process for about a good 7 turns before parking in front of a tall building made of glass.

"I'm here alright, now time to confront father." Koto flipped the kick stand down, turned off his motorcycle, and made sure it was snug before leaving. He walked up to the entrance to the building and entered. He saw a woman at the counter and walked up. 

"I'm here to meet the owner of the company." The woman focusing on other things, turned towards Koto,

"Do you have an appointment with the owner?"

"No"

"Well then i'm sorry, you can't visit him." [Koto didn't plan this out, and had to use the only thing he could think of.]

"I'm his son!" The woman stared at him with clear doubt.

"Do you know how many people have said that? Too many to count, now leave before I call security." The woman said while doing a swatting action. Koto turned away, thinking about what to do now. Just then, Kokoro entered the building, looking anxious. She was biting her nails, something only she does when she is very anxious about something. Kokoro then noticed Koto and speed walked to him.

"Koto? You're not with dad?" 

"No. Why would I be with him?" 

"I got a letter telling me that he was with you, and that he wanted to talk with me." 

"Me too, but it told me that he wanted to discuss my failure of a future." There was silence between both of them, but they both thought the same thing, [Peculiar] Just then a man interrupted them,

"Ah, so you two are finally here." Koto and Kokoro turned to see the man they called father and dad.

8