Chapter 28- Found the witch
164 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Koto ran on top of building after building, leaping off of them.

[The very nice story didn't really answer my question on how you can transform into a human.] 

[It didn't? I guess you really are a dunce then.] 

[Oh no, don't start this again!] 

[Fine, basically I was just a regular blade, with no conscious. However, along Elise's journey, I somewhat gained a conscious.]

[Wow~ that must be very nice.]

[I know you're being sarcastic.] Kuroshi wasn't very amused by Koto's sarcasm, and Koto could tell. There was silence, just Koto hopping between building and building. As he forgot about their conversation, Koto neared the middle of the town. He started seeing how massive the town was, and the zombie crowd was. 

"Now this isn't good." 

[Well no sh*t.] Koto knelt down, and stared at the group of zombies. After quickly counting the horde, 

"I have an estimate of over 1,000 zombies in that horde alone." [What should we do now?]

[We? You're on your own.] 

"What!?" Koto tried to talk to Kuroshi, but to no avail. [This is why I hate weapons with a consciousness.] Koto scanned the area, [Should I distract them with something, or should I kill them all in one try?] Koto weighed the options, and decided to distract them. [While it would be easy EXP, I shouldn't wear myself out before a big fight.] Koto pulled out an item from his inventory, tossed it up and down, then chucked it towards the completely opposite direction of him. Koto stood there, waiting for something. After a while, there was an explosion and the zombies started heading towards it.

"Wow, that explosive was pretty powerful." Yup, that was a explosive that Koto chucked. 

"Good thing I picked it as a reward from the spider. Though I don't know why it was a reward." Koto waited a couple minutes for the zombies to leave towards the direction of the explosion. Once most of them left, he jumped down from the house he was on, and perfectly landed on the ground. [I don't have much time before the zombies come back.] In the center of the town, there was four cross ways into a perfect circle, with a goddess statue in the middle. Koto walked up to the statue and inspected it closely, searching top to bottom. He felt around the statue, feeling for a button, switch, lever, etc. 

"Finally." After feeling around for a couple of seconds, Koto pressed down on a button. The statue then sunk into the ground, making a loud whirring sound. Finally, the ground moved to reveal a staircase down into a dark abyss. Koto stared down into the darkness, and gulped. 

"It's all or nothing." Koto started hesitantly walking down the stairs, into the darkness. Once he walked in, the floor closed, blocking his escape.

"And there goes my exit. Now it's all or nothing." As Koto walks down the stairs, he observes the surroundings. [It's all just dirt, but I can see that there has been construction. Using Magic?] Koto continued to walk down, and saw changes in the walls. The dirt walls started changing from dirt, to then brick. [The change in material must mean that I'm getting closer to the main area.] Koto kept walking down the seemingly never ending stairs, but they soon halted down onto one single platform. Koto walks out onto the platform, and looks out towards the view.

"Oh my.." Koto says in a panicked voice. There was a massive cauldron with the witch adding some items, then brewing it together. The cauldron's liquid had some sort of gas rising up into the dirt roof of the room. The witch looks up towards Koto and walks forward, covered by the darkness of the room,

"So you've finally made it my test subject." 

"Test subject?" 

"Oh you don't know, this has just been an experiment for me. Testing out what I need to improve my zombies." [Tch]

"So I've just been your play thing?"

"Bingo!"

"Well no longer, since I'm here to defeat you!" Koto unsheathed Kuroshi and jumped down towards the witch. However, she snapped her finger and there was a rumble,

"Good luck with fighting my strongest zombie!" The witch then started cackling and left the room to another, and shut the door. The floor under the cauldron then opened, and closed. Securing the liquid that was inside it. [This isn't good!] Just as Koto was about to turn to run, he realized that the room has become bigger. A zombie then climbed out from the ground, 5x the size of the Gluttonous Zombie, and seemed to be way more powerful. [I have no where to go. I guess I'll have to fight it then.] Kuroshi got into a ready stance, just as the zombie roared.

 

2