Season-1 Chapter-8 Paradise… 1/5
93 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unknown-Time.

just a few thousand miles north from the capital city of the Shenari, Damian watched from a bird's eye view of his new, now permanent secondary base, the tower, although with no structures, for now, but a base no less.

the light coming from the star shined brightly on the snowy land before Damian, his once 120 ASF-Wardens were stationed at the top of the tower overlooking the snowy and quite white colored land below.

but as beautiful as it was for him a cutscene interrupted his time of peace as his screen suddenly turns dark before showing the top of the tower where an old man in brown robes with a staff came out of a blue portal just next to a few wardens.

Damian: w-wait! what is this!?

Damian panicked a little but calmed down after a few seconds as he watched the cutscene before him, once the old man finally left the portal his face was slowly revealed as the hood that covered the old man's face was blown back by the wind.

the old man had a brown bushy beard and a long brown hair, he had brown eyes, and light brown skin, many scars decorated his face along with a black colored tattoo, and a burn mark.

the portal suddenly closed as the old man introduced himself while the wardens turned to face the old man.

Zenon: be at ease... I am but a hermit, my name is Zenon, and I came here for a proposal that might interest you, and yes, I know you are watching dark god... as it was prophesized.

the old man, or, Zenon took a few steps forward towards the nearest warden before continuing.

Zenon: I come to bargain with you dark god, for you see, I too am in need of something...

the cutscene paused as a hologram appeared on Damian's screen as well as three buttons, and a wide wall of text that explained what these buttons are for and what happens when selected.

one says [ Hear ] the second [ Accept ] the last [ Decline ] all three buttons have a warning above them, the friendly Warning came again, narrating and summarizing the text before Damian.

Warning: oh it seems that you have a bargain in your hands General... it appears that this old man wants to work with you, it would be a shame to decline such an opportunity without knowing what he has to offer, remember, all choices are final.

oh come on... well, this can't get any more better than this right? alright then Damian thought to himself as he moved his cursor towards the [ Hear ] button before clicking it.

suddenly, the cutscene continued as one of Damian's ASF-Wardens spoke to Zenon.

ASF-Warden: speak your mind hermit, I will relay your bargain.

Zenon: hehe... of course, of course...

Zenon tapped the ground with his staff as he continued.

Zenon: as you know you stand at the humble tower, you must have wondered why this tower of rotting stone and mud just so happened to appear out of thin air correct?

Zenon smirked as his eyes glowed bright blue for a second.

Zenon: this tower your soldiers stand on is the Tower of Babel.

I already knew that old man... Damian thought to himself as he rolled his eyes as he continued to listen.

Zenon: this specific tower only appeared because of a certain... breach, in this specific solar system... I, Zenon wish to exchange my guidance by guiding your armies into Yggdrasil and through other worlds, and in exchange...

Zenon paused for a moment as he took out a small scroll and then unrolled it before showing it towards the warden, Damian moved his camera into position to see what's on the scroll, his eyes widened as he stuttered to speak.

Damian: w-what the hell is this all this!?

there was so many drawings on the piece of paper that is the scroll, the world tree, Yggdrasil, holding many massive structures from the Tower of Babel, to Etemenanki, to Red Pyramid, to Dracula's Castle, to the Roman Colosseum, to what looks like Mount Olympus but with ancient looking structures, and finally what looks like the near endless pit of Hell.

Zenon: this might not come as a surprise to you dark god but I can lead you to other world if you so desire... 

Zenon crushed the scroll as it burned with blue flames before he lowered his hand.

Zenon: however that is not without cost, I merely need your assistance.

Damian raised an eyebrow as he waited for the hermit to continue.

Zenon: lend me your power oh dark god... I merely ask you to resurrect my friends, I would gladly give my soul if need be... all I ask is you resurrect my friends from the dead... that's all I ask of you...

the same buttons then reappeared, this time two remained, however there was a cost right above the [ Accept ] button, and a big one, it costs Damian a whopping 1,090,606,000 power, yikes, that's half of what Patriarchs costs, though only quicker than usual since it says it'll only take a few seconds right above the [ Accept ] button.

Damian: this is definitely a ripoff... but it's not like it's permanent like the metals or money...

Damian then considered the offer, then again he realized this was a game so he immediately clicked the accept button as the two buttons disappeared and three white pillars of light appeared behind Zenon as he turned around before looking back.

Zenon: oh thank you dark god! my soul is yours to command!

Zenon prostrated as he praised Damian through the ASF-Warden while the pillars lights soon dispersed into white sparks causing Zenon to slowly stand up and turn around as three people in armor appeared where the lights dispersed.

Zenon: Aster? Lionard? Leos? y-you're all here!

after a second or two the three people in armor stepped forward and looked around, their forms much clearer, one young girl and two men, one younger the other much older.

Aster, the girl wearing black boots, brown long pants and white shirt topped with a silver breastplate and wore a belt with small bags attached to it, as well as a silver sword attached to the left hip.

her long hair blond, tied by a ribbon to form a pony tail, her skin light brown, her eyes yellow, and of course she's much shorter than the two men who were resurrected.

Lionard, the tall older man wearing a full heavy metal armor, colored black and filled with magic runes, and wore a golden pendant around the neck, carved to shape like a dragon and a moon and carried a massive silver halberd.

he had short grey hair and a short grey beard, brown skin and brown eyes.

and finally Leos, the young man with a face filled with scars, he carried two silver daggers and a third on his left hip, he wore a black cloak and black clothes with little armor, only metal chainmail covered his chest and shoulders.

he had blue eyes, light brown skin and near silver hair was well as somewhat shaved white beard.

Leos: what the hell? I thought I was dead.

Leos shook his head as he searched his surroundings, while Aster eyed the black soldiers behind Zenon, seemingly wary of what threat they pose, Lionard however accepted the situation and walked towards Zenon as he asked.

Lionard: Zenon you fool, what have you done now?

Lionard crossed his arms as he rested his halberd on his chest.

Zenon: I... I... well...

Lionard raised an eyebrow as the other two, Leos and Aster gathered behind Lionard.

Lionard: well? care to explain? I am fairly certain that I died, sigh... so? what bargain have you struck this time?

Zenon paused for a moment, nervous about being distrusted by his friends, and at the same time fearful of the current god he sold his soul to, but after a brief moment, he decided to explain it to his friends, thinking no harm will be done in doing so.

Zenon: well... you see, in short, I sold my soul to a dark god, in turn you and the others were to be resurrected.

Aster's eyes widened, shocked at the news that she heard, Lionard and Leos however were not shocked, instead they both sighed in disappointment, and said nothing, Aster on the other hand had something else in mind.

Aster: you sold your soul to a dark god? are you insane Zenon?

Leos immediately stepped in before Aster and Zenon could get into a heated argument as he pulled Aster by the arm and had a discussion with her while leaving Lionard to talk to Zenon.

Lionard: as unbelievable as your words sound Zenon, I am certain you have already made your decision?

Zenon simply nodded in agreement and kept silent causing Lionard to nod in response.

Lionard: alright then, assuming that those gentlemen over there are here to keep you from leaving, I have decided on staying with you, I am sure, or... assuming you already know why...

Zenon: I have a hunch, but perhaps you would care to explain?

Lionard: although dealing with dark gods are not my specialty, seeing that this dark god you sold your soul to did not immediately force us into serving him, I am assuming that tagging along would not cause trouble.

Zenon: how can you be certain?

Lionard: look, it is simple really, they do not seem to care about us talking, nor do are they even paying any attention to us, however I cannot say the same for these two...

Lionard and Zenon looked back to see Aster and Leos already finished arguing and were waiting.

Lionard: are you both done? come here then, let us all have talk.

they all soon gathered near each other, Aster taking one final look at the black soldiers who were also looking at them, soulless and lifeless, causing her to look away in fear while Leos smirked.

Leos: told you to stop looking at them.

Aster: s-shut up Leos.

Lionard: ahem! how about we discuss on what we do next shall we?

Aster and Leos stopped arguing while Lionard continued.

Lionard: so, to put it simply I guess we follow Zenon now.

Aster looked at Lionard as she immediately argued with him, not content without any explanation.

Aster: is that it? we just follow your lead?

Lionard frowned as he gave Aster a disappointed frown and a sigh.

Lionard: well, that is for you to decide... you are free to do whatever you want, it is your choice.

Aster: u-ugh... fine...

Leos smirked once more before cheering up Aster who frowned at the answer Lionard gave her.

Leos: oh cheer up Aster.

Leos patted Aster's back as he continued.

Leos: it's not like adventure is going to be that bad, plus, we're alive now.

Aster: sigh... and what? we're talking about a dark god here, who knows what horrible things we might be forced to do, I don't want to be a part of a slaughter, I don't like that on my conscience.

Zenon, after staying silent for a while finally spoke up, assuring Aster otherwise.

Zenon: I assure you Aster, I have been monitoring the dark god for some time, and I believe...

Zenon looked up to see a burning planet, Karshov, still burning before continuing to speak.

Zenon: this dark god would not need to strike a bargain with me...  if my help was not needed... and also... I doubt that the dark god would have thought of a more civilized method to convince me otherwise, the fact that all of you stand here not in chains, but free souls I can only determine one thing... not all we were fed were true, and not all is as it seems...

birds of white flew right above the tower, a sense of calm flowed in the wind, Lionard and the others then looked up, admiring the beautiful sky, the star barely blinding them, while the winter snow filled the tower's floor.

their hearts felt at ease, all was well, but not until Aster spoke as they all looked at each other.

Aster: so then....

Aster crossed her arms as she continued.

Aster: so I guess we follow you then? having my soul sold to a dark god doesn't seem half bad...

Leos: yeah right, well said Aster.

Leos nodded in agreement while Lionard and Zenon nodded as well.

Lionard: then it is agreed then, Zenon? 

Zenon: yes? what is it?

Lionard: as far as I remember, if the snow gave the hint we are on Mi-ir correct?

Zenon nodded in response as he answered.

Zenon: indeed, why?

Lionard smirked as he remembered the horrible past of the Shenari, all the sins they committed a few hundred years earlier, all the horrible deeds and the many innocent people they murdered, Lionard never forgot those horrible days.

Lionard: fate is indeed mysterious in many ways... I have a debt that needs to be settled.

Zenon: it's about the Shenari isn't it?

Lionard smirked before giving Zenon a smile.

Lionard: hah... you know me well Zenon, how about we strike another deal with this dark god, we all have scores with them right? I mean, they are the reason we died in the first place a few hundred years back.

Leos: well... even though I don't have any deep grudges against the Shenari, killing my friends are good enough reason to pay them back tenfold, and let's not forget the Shi-intari either.

Aster: the perpetrators, and deceivers... 

Lionard: you all remember it well, I guess there is no room for arguments?

Aster, Leos and Zenon nodded, Lionard then took  a moment to think before walking to one of Damian's wardens, stopping only a few feet away from one of the wardens Lionard smirked as he soon spoke.

Lionard: pardon for the intrusion.

the ASF-Warden turned to face Lionard as he continued.

Lionard: please tell your master that I have a proposal for him, if he is interested in listening.

Lionard paused for a moment before explaining the details of his bargain.

Lionard: I have a deep grudge against the Shenari and the Shi-intari, both of these empires killed many of my kind you see, how about we strike a deal? you help us get revenge on the Shenari and Shi-intari, and we help you.

Lionard extended his had for a handshake and waited for a response.

back to Damian he was listening on everything they were saying, until another hologram popped up from nowhere, of course there was a long description of how and what happened, and whatever grudge Lionard had with the Shenari.

two buttons, [ Accept ] and [ Decline ] Damian smirked as he laughed for a moment before smiling as he moved his mouse above the button to the left that said accept before clicking, then, one of his wardens responded to Lionard.

ASF-Warden: you have a deal...

the ASF-Warden took the hand shake as it and Lionard shook their hands, the deal was struck, while Damian and watched happily as the once yellow colored dots on his mini map turn green, once neutral now ally.

and back in space, just a few hundred million miles away from Shayan a storm was brewing, not a planet type storm but a space kind, and it looks like the meeting between the Xirilians and the Shenari are underway, soon.

 

 

 

1