Season-1 Chapter-8 Paradise… 2/5
61 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day-Time.

south of the Tower of Babel, 12 minutes before the assault.

just a few dozen miles south from the Tower of Babel, half of the Shenari land military were gathered just outside the massive gate where 30 of Damian's ASF-Wardens were stationed.

cold winds already stopped as the skies cleared long ago, much snow has melted as the split the tower's enormous shadow split the star's light all the way passed the Shenari camp.

over two days have passed since Damian made a contract with his newfound allies, the Shenari had already decided to deploy its armies against the dark god's forces, however due to an important meeting, as today was supposed to be the day of the assault now postponed, and instead, a meeting took place in the soon to be battlefield.

hundreds upon thousands of metal and concrete buildings littered the once tree filled lands south of the tower, over a million Shenari troops including the Xirilians all walk and wander within the safety of the camp.

and among the many stone and metal buildings where the tallest and largest among them, inside the command post are where the Xirilian council as well as the Shenari royalty now discuss about possible peace talks, however the Shenari emperor would not see similarly compared to what the Xirilians knew, not like he would even want to understand.

in an empty and wide room the respective representatives of their nations were gathered as well as their bodyguards or normal guards, to the left of the silver table were the Xirilian council of now seven, and to the right the Shenari royalty.

behind the council of seven were the six advisors, the room tightly guarded by Shenari and Xirilian soldiers, all of which are hardened elites and loyalists, ready to die for their cause, it's been hours since they started their debate, both sides spouting every bad possibilities they could think of about each other, each side giving no room for defeat.

Emperor-Solomon: this is outrageous! do you think I will stand by idle while those mindless puppets of a darkspawn rampages throughout my domain!? they will be punished for their arrogance!

Emperor Solomon slammed the table with a tight fist while Odin merely exclaimed.

Odin: do you not understand emperor!? you are not dealing with another empire! nor are you dealing with a small kingdom! you are dealing with minions of a dark god! do you not understand!?

Solomon's face became more sour as he retorted.

Emperor-Solomon: I care not if they are minions of a dark god! they must be punished!!!

Odin: you imbecile! you are a fool to not understand the severity of the situation we are all in! do you even know what happened to the Azarduns!? do you want to meet their fate!? 

their constant rambling to each other was interrupted by the sound of rumbling while a high ranking Shenari soldier who entered the room without much warning as he kneeled and gave a report to his emperor.

Shenari-Soldier: my emperor! I have terrible news!

Solomon turned towards the Shenari soldier with a cold gaze as he permits him to speak.

Emperor-Solomon: well? speak up then.

the Shenari soldier nodded as he began his report.

Shenari-Soldier: my apologies emperor, but reports from our spies says they saw movement in the tower, reports indicate that an enemy attack is imminent and the tower is showing unusual signs of activity presumably causing the heavy rumbling, and Commander Kasiar left to investigate, what are your orders?

the sound of rumbling became more violent to the point it was felt by the people within the room, especially the soldiers outside, those who barely managed to balance themselves trip and fall on the ground while those who were of higher rank barely managing to stabilize themselves while holding on to anything they can get their hands on.

Solomon along with those within the command post left the building they were in to no longer find themselves in the snowy terrain of Mi-ir, but instead to find out they were now well within the tower, on the 6,102nd floor to be exact.

the brightly colored silver room gave the Shenari and Xirilians a sense of awe for the beauty in the room they were in, however, that was cut short due to the Shenari commander known as Commander Kasiar.

the silver armored Shenari commander walked through a set of golden double doors along with other Shenari soldiers, but upon setting his sights upon his emperor he kneeled along with the other soldier that were with him.

Commander-Kasiar: my emperor!

his armor was far more detailed with dozens of insignias of different colored jewelry of many variates, as well as medals to signify his rank, his short silver hair and cold light blue eyes gave off an eerie vibe, though he is known to be the shortest Shenari in history his achievements proved that height isn't what matters, only achievements.

carrying a long and quite thin silver rapier with a mix of emerald and gold he was currently the best at close combat in the entirety of his career, and his iconic light black armor and clothes as well as his red cape proved his status as nobility.

known for his quick wittedness and fierce loyalty he is known as the iron fist of the Shenari emperor as well as a well trusted advisor and best strategist in the Shenari army.

Emperor-Solomon: commander! I never expected you to be here.

Solomon took a few steps forward as he looked down on his advisor with a smirk, Kasiar looked up and gave a light nod before standing up causing the soldiers with him to stand up as well.

Emperor-Solomon: Commander Kasiar, do you have any idea of where we are?

Kasiar crossed his arms and shook his head in disappointed as he answered his emperor.

Commander-Kasiar: my apologies emperor, but I too and my men here have been teleported to this part of the tower ever since we entered, we were lucky enough not to encounter a single piece of resistance.

Solomon frowned as he slammed his foot in frustration repeatedly, however, that would soon end as a [ FCAD-Drone ] or, in longer words the Forsaken Contamination Annihilator Decimator-Drone, this 11 feet tall walking mass of metal and flesh funnily enough did not stink like a corpse but instead smelled like a sea of flowers, a fragrant scent.

it looked like any normal bipedal creature, except that its entire body consists of only metal and flesh, no skin, no bones, and no other small features, and it carried a spear similar to that of a trident as tall as it, with many runes carved on it, however, the most important parts were the golden halo above its head and the pure white wings on its back.

an angel, but taller, and no real face, apart from a metallic one which looked like a crying female saint with a blindfold that covered the eyes, and a few small details here and there on the face.

Odin: what abomination is that!?

Loki: s-so massive!

they all looked at the FCAD-Drone with fear, until they snapped back to reality as Kasiar shouted.

Commander-Kasiar: go! I will buy you some time!

Solomon and the others nodded at Kasiar before leaving the room through the same doors where Kasiar entered, all the while Kasiar was now left alone with the emotionless FCAD-Drone.

Commander-Kasiar: come at me you beast! 

the FCAD-Drone obliged the commander as it flew towards him in mere seconds, leaving only a fraction of a second for the commander to react, however, Kasiar's luck was just snuffed out for another appeared behind him and pierced his body.

luckily though it was merely a slash attack, but at the cost of an arm the commander's life was spared, for now.

Commander-Kasiar: damn abominations!

with his left arm severed Kasiar readied his rapier as he dashed back and looked forward, only to see many more FCAD-Drones entering the room through the windows by the dozens, carrying many different weapons.

realizing they looked similar to something he saw back at the Xirilian home world he murmured words that he could with the remaining strength he had in his mouth.

Commander-Kasiar: a... Valkyrie? n-no... something else...

at a blink of an eye one of the FCAD-Drones vanished from view before reappearing right in front of him, with a quick reaction he leaped back, however he didn't realize that he was already next to a wall.

and so he fell, crashing through a window and soon descending from a tall height, the star's light greeting him with a sight to behold, but this would not be his end, not now, not yet.

the FCAD-Drones were quick to follow, quickly descending to catch him, everything was quite peaceful for Kasiar despite him knowing he was falling at such fast speeds, but as he turned to face the planet he could see the white landscape before him.

Commander-Kasiar: ah... such a beautiful scene... 

but before Kasiar could even reach the ground he was saved by none other than Quiver who carried him by the arms, however Quiver seem to have metallic wings on his back, Kasiar looked up while Quiver smirked as he looked back at him.

Captain-Quiver: surprised commander?

Comannder-Kasiar: Captain Quiver? I thought you were captured?

Quiver looked back up as he answered.

Captain-Quiver: well yes, but I escaped... you see, when I was captured I found myself inside some sort of library, I read all the books I could read to pass the time before escaping to another room, there I found these.

Kasiar looked at the silver wings on Quiver's back for a moment as he continued.

Captain-Quiver: when I heard noised below me I immediately took the wings and attached them to my back and leaped out, then I saw you falling to your death, and then here I am.

Commander-Kasiar: then... please return me back to the tower, his majesty and the princess are in trouble.

Quiver turned as he flied towards the tower where they left.

Captain-Quiver: if that is the case...

Quiver gave a light smirk before continuing.

Captain-Quiver: then allow me to guide you.

Kasiar mentally readied himself for the coming battle as a dozen FCAD-Drones flew towards them, meanwhile Damian, who was at the very top of the tower watched as his map showed many red and blue dots moving.

Unknown-Time.

at the very top  of the tower Damian watched as Zenon conjured a magic circle into reality below him at the center of the tower, all the while Aster, Lionard and Leos watched from the side, guarded by many ASF-Wardens.

oh yeah! I knew accepting the deal was great! now I have a hundred FCAD-Drones! it was the best decision! Damian thought to himself as dozens of those FCAD-Drones flew high above the tower.

suddenly, the screen went dark before showing what appears to be the tower Damian's units were in and the landscape that surrounded it before a massive portal appeared out of thin air right above the tower.

Damian: yes!!! yes!!! time to go to another world!!!

Damian screamed at the top of his lungs as his screen turned grey, time stopped, everything was still, until the tower, along with everything in a 60 mile radius was sucked in.

then, mere moments after, in a blink of an eye the scenery changed, from a snowy landscape into brightly colored green fields, this time however, this was now the past, a mere 2,100 years ago, before the Azardun expansion.

Damian: holy cow! this is  what another world looks like in a fantasy setting!? amazing!

his 120 ASF-Wardens and his 100 FCAD-Drones were seen looking around confused just as he was, funnily enough though there were no more Xirilians nor Shenari in sight, only an empty open and green field where his armies stood.

Damian: oh... where the hell is this?

not before long however a red dragon descended from the skies and landed just in front of the two armies, giving out a massive roar after it landed, but was easily killed by a single bolt of light from one of the FCAD-Drones.

FCAD-Drone: silence beast.

the FCAD-Drone that shot the bolt of light at the red dragon spoke in a light female echoing voice, similar to the Xirlian gods but a bit deeper and masculine, and much, much more clearer.

the tower was still there, high and mighty, but there was something off about it, it younger, even with the many vegetation that covered the stone and brick walls, it looked a hundred years younger.

Damian: oh great, there's dragons now... sigh... here goes...

Damian double clicked his ASF-Wardens automatically selecting all of them within his screen making them ready their weapons in attention as they do their selected animation.

ASF-Warden: wardens at the ready.

Damian smirked as moved his camera around, quickly clicking on his mini map from place to place clearing the fog of war that covered the undiscovered parts of the world he was in, but after a while he found something that piqued his interest, another World Tree, but it looked more, um, Japanese style, like a plum blossom tree.

Damian: oh you've got to be kidding me...

the elves wore kimonos, the entire city looked like a mix of a elf and Japanese type structures, and it looked damn impressive, houses hanging from massive trees, rivers filled with fish, and thousands of houses of hundreds of varieties, many, if not all houses had backyards, and nearly every part of the city had a massive school here and there.

Damian: holy cow... that's freaking impressive!

but that wasn't the only thing that impressed him, the main structure that impressed Damian was not the massive tree but the towering floating island that had a thousand hundred story tall silver statue of an young elf, probably someone powerful, and someone very influential and quite smart, or maybe.

upon processing the sight before him Damian remembered the martial arts comics he used to read, if this was some sort of martial arts world, there would be cultivators, no, not gardening but people that are powerful enough to split mountains while annoyingly screaming the name of the technique at the top of their lungs, a bit stupid.

and the most annoying part about these type of comics is that everyone that is a powerful cultivator seem to act smart and use complicated words to hide their meaning despite having a clear intention, although it does sound cool.

after taking whatever amazing images he saw on his screen Damian gathered his senses and started to think, what would he do now that he had no builder, then he realized, he had powers, for example, the [ Instant Copy ] ability.

it was as though Damian knew he was not going to be discovered, but that's just what he thinks, but little did he know that he was already detected by a powerful being, it was kind of obvious since that damn tower is enormous.

luckily though no one could properly see the tower, since there was floating islands everywhere, and amazingly enough he had a way back home, another Rift Crystal, unfortunately though that crystal is in the hands of a powerful cultivator, but Damian had much more powerful units, and allies, as well as powers, but things are different now, he's fighting literal demigods.

he is playing with fire, if things were to turn south, things would get messy.

 

0