Season-1 Chapter-8 Paradise… 3/5
58 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day-Time.

Mi-ir, Cheladji, Li-Aros, the Heavenly Palace, the Heavenly Court.

just outside the Heavenly Palace, where marble floors and colorful plants and vegetation, as well as obsidian statues of great conquerors and powerful sages decorate the palace, there, a man in a rather stylish kimono looked down on the many old men in blue clothes, with most wearing box shaped hats signifying their rank with their decorative jewelry on their hats.

the man on the throne, with near golden golden skin, with literal black eyes and blood red pupils, wearing pure white and parts of gold colored kimono, known to be the most powerful emperor of the time was known as Emperor Shinsei.

Emperor-Shinsei: what brings the court marshals to the Heavenly Court?

he spoke in a deep masculine voice, despite his looks being as young as a man in his 20s but his age is in the hundreds, quite young for an elf, but for a human, not so much.

the old elf court marshals stayed silent, instead, moved in directions as to make a path at the center, where, a young elven woman with light brown skin and white hair as well as purple eyes stepped forward, only stopping a few dozen feet from the emperor, showing vigilance in every step she took to reach him.

the young woman wore some sort of  white colored ceremonial gown of expensive fabric, with a design on the clothing forming a white dragon and a landscape of snow.

Serpent Flame: my apologies emperor, I believe my fellow scribe shall be the one to explain...

she spoke in a light tone as she gave a bow all the while the emperor's mood has gotten more, more hostile.

a man in brown robes and clothing stepped to the right from the group of court marshals left of Serpent Flame who faced the emperor as he looked down on her with a deathly and extremely menacing gaze.

the man had no face to look at, but instead, a silver metal mask that was burnt into the skin to serve as a face, he had no ordinary qualities apart from the black long hair on his head and brown skin.

with light steps he stood next to the serpent of flame to the right as he quickly gave a light bow before the emperor, but with less to no respect or fear given compared to the woman next to him.

Black Dragon: I'm afraid my lord there are matters that need attending, Lady Hana has requested your presence at once your majesty, please make haste, she awaits you in the Moonlight Palace...

he spoke in weary voice, with an almost lifeless like tone.

Emperor-Shinsei: is that so...

the emperor got up from his throne and gripped both his hands into fists as he took a few steps forward.

Emperor-Shinsei: then tell her I will be there soon...

Shinsei paused for a few seconds before continuing as he gritted his teeth.

Emperor-Shinsei: but first I will have few words with both of you... here, and, now... Black Dragon of the Dark Sect, and especially you Serpent Flame of the Silver Moon Clan, you two sect leaders of all people should know what power I possess.

the two shriveled in a slight sense of fear as the emperor stepped down the flight of stairs.

Emperor-Shinsei: but nevertheless I shall indulge in this little affair of yours...

Shinsei then walked towards the entrance of the palace, followed by the two sect masters, all the while the court marshals dispersed and returned to their duties inside the Heavenly Palace.

Shinsei used his chi to propel himself into the sky, along with the two sect masters who also followed as they flew above the city at tremendous speeds, going nearly at the speed of sound.

after what seemed like minutes of continuous flight the three finally arrived at the end of the city and reached the nearby mountain where a massive 47 story tall red dome was situated at the top, the mountain itself was filled with various defense chi circles, from demonic to yin and yang, ranging from many sizes, big to small.

after arriving at the entrance, Shinsei and the two sect masters entered through the silver gate where on the other side awaited a young woman in white robes and clothing, carrying a huge zither about more than half her size.

she had nearly pure white skin and pink eyes, silver hair as well as tattoos on her arms, legs and neck.

Lady-Hana: Emperor Shinsei...

she spoke in a calm and smooth voice, almost like a whisper, except it was not.

Emperor-Shinsei: Lady Hana...

Shinsei approached Hana while the two sect masters waited by the gate.

Emperor-Shinsei: this better be worth my time little lady, I have other matters to attend to...

he looked down on the smaller woman before him with a domineering aura, however, the young woman stood her ground despite knowing the emperor's status and lack of patience.

Lady-Hana: emperor, I assure you this will be worth your time, however we shall not speak here, come inside.

Hana turned towards the dome as she was followed by Shinsei and the two sect masters.

after coming upon a set of bronze and gold double doors with intriguing designs, Hana, along with the other three entered and walked through many hallways of marble, emerald, and stone.

and after only a moment they finally arrived at a guest room prepared by Hana herself.

Lady-Hana: please, sit... make yourselves at home.

Shinsei, Black Dragon, and Serpent Flame sat down on silver chairs with emeralds carved on them, looking around Shinsei noticed the beauty of the room despite it looking very simple, the floor, made of wood, covered by purple carpets, the walls were also made of wood, but instead was carved with many designs, with paintings attached to them.

the stone roof, decorated by golden chandeliers and painted with many historical figures, including himself.

Lady-Hana: impressed my emperor?

Shinsei turned to face Hana, who was seated on the other side of the rectangular table made of obsidian.

Emperor-Shinsei: of course, why would I not?

he said with a cold tone, as if not impressed at all.

Hana chuckled as she lowered her zither on the ground before looking at Shinsei again.

Lady-Hana: now then, to business.

Hana took a deep breath before speaking.

Lady-Hana: as you can tell emperor our image with the common folk is being diminished every second we waste away in our high seats... this could prove more of a problem because more and more peasants and lower ranked soldiers are siding with the evil sects, and are being fooled by their false promises.

Hana took another deep breath before continuing.

Lady-Hana: despite the evil sects' armies already shattered from the last war, it is only a matter of time before they recover their numbers, or worse, increase at best, that could pose a massive threat to the Shin-aaris empire... your empire.

Shinsei processed the words that came out of Hana's mouth, feeling the weight of her words and knowing the unimaginable consequences should he ignore this.

Emperor-Shinsei: then how do you propose I solve this problem?

Hana chuckled once more as she answered.

Lady-Hana: you? I do not remember saying you will be doing things alone... we will aid you of course, our safety is also at stake here, have you forgotten we are on the same side? and do you think I will simply let you have all the glory?

Shinsei changed his expression to a more positive one as he replied to Hana's kind words.

Emperor-Shinsei: chuckle... then, perhaps I will have to compete with your contribution... not to mention I have the other three sects to contend with... those old fools never seem to give up.

Hana smiled towards Shinsei as the winds blew harder outside, a storm was brewing, not a literal one though, in a manner of speaking, but then again, there will be storms soon enough, and a big one too.

Unknown-Time.

Damian, with his 120 ASF-Wardens and 100 FCAD-Drones viewed the beautiful landscape, except for Zenon and Aster though, they were busy arguing amongst themselves.

Zenon: come now Aster, you're not seriously going to give up now are you?

Aster gritted her teeth as she responded back to Zenon with a stare.

Aster: you've got it wrong Zenon, it's just that something's awfully wrong here...

she sighed before continuing.

Aster: if we're in another world wouldn't that mean that there are other god besides ours?

Zenon thought for a moment before answering a light smile.

Zenon: rest assured, I do not think I that the other gods of this world would pose a threat to our new master... and the proposed contract...  but if that's the case, and there are indeed other gods, then I'm fairly certain our master will aid us, I highly doubt the capabilities of the gods of this world, ours can destroy a planet with ease, the question is... can they?

Aster was taken aback by Zenon's words, all the while Lionard snickered and held his laugh.

Aster: well... that sure is assuring, but it's better to be cautious rather than blindly go about our revenge, but still though, the question remains... where are we anyways?

Lionard: indeed Aster...

Aster and Zenon turned to face Lionard as he crossed his arms and continued.

Lionard: judging from the landscape and the mountains over there I could only speculate that this is indeed Mi-ir.

both Zenon and Aster raised their eyebrows in confusion while Lionard explained further.

Lionard: look there.

Lionard pointed at the rocky mountains as both Aster and Zenon looked.

Lionard: those are the spiky mountains that make up Death Valley, even the tallest mountain looked the same compared to when we were back in our world, thus I could only speculate that we are either somewhere about a few hundred, or even thousands of years back in time... and the other reason being is that...

Lionard paused for a moment as he lowered his arm while Zenon and Aster looked back at him.

Lionard: the star is still red.

Lionard pointed upwards for a moment as both Zenon and Aster looked up to see the same red star that Mi-ir orbited around, and even the same planets that orbited the star with Mi-ir.

Aster looked back down as she gave Lionard a confused look, still processing the information that was given to her, however time was short as Damian's army then advanced towards what looked like an abandoned, old, sect school, this school looked damaged, not by time but rather by some century old battle, the many skeletons outside gave a huge hint.

they soon entered the massive school, the inside looked much larger, many craters of ash and rock litter the entire empty grounds where nearly hundreds of weapons were scattered.

Lios: well I'll be... this has got to be some sort of ancient battleground or something.

Zenon: indeed... what a sight...

Zenon and his friends wandered around the school grounds, entering each building only to find libraries of books with unreadable text, some even unrecognizable due to the damage they have taken.

after an hour of wandering the school Zenon and the others entered the tallest and biggest building within the school, although its size is only about 20 stories tall, its width is comparable to that of a small mountain.

and upon entering, they were greeted with a large, circular arena, and at the other side, a silver throne on a balcony, perfect for seeing battles at a safe and comfortable distance, however, by the time all of Damian's units as well as Zenon and his friends enter the room, the entrance closed tight with a magic seal of dark energy.

Sect Master-Alvartatos: fools!!! you dare enter Alvartatos's sect!? my sect!? you shall all be purged!!!

the dominating male voice came from above as a nine foot tall humanoid undead, with a mace half its size, and black colored armor that covered its entire body, apart from the head as it crashes down upon the arena.

Sect Master-Alvartatos: since you insignificant insects dared to enter, I shall enlighten your pathetic minds as to what fate awaits those who dare to desecrate my sect! arise my students! annihilate these interlopers! 

the ground shook violently as undead began to rise from the ground, carrying swords and wearing enchanted armor, however, there was one thing that even undead fear, divine powers, divinity.

Zenon: undead? this will be quick...

Zenon raised his staff as he shouted magic words, casting a bright white light that burned the undead.

Zenon: begone you cursed creatures! be purged by holy light!

Sect Master-Alvartatos: fool! you cannot simply-

before even the sect master could continue, he was vaporized by the bright light that emanated from Zenon's staff without much resistance, fading into nothing as the bright light soon dimmed and faded.

Lios: wow Zenon, I didn't know you could do that.

Zenon turned around with a smirk as his eyes glowed with pride.

Zenon: impressed? I made the skill myself, although it's much weaker than other spells it's far more easier to cast.

Lios clapped his hands in amazement while Aster gritted her teeth in jealousy.

Lionard: let us make haste, we do not have time to for idle chatter here, it appears more have arrived.

the entrance below the balcony opened as hundreds of more undead rushed towards them, Lionard and the others readied their weapons and prepared themselves but before they could even react one of the wardens under Damian's command rushed forward and crushed them with ease with its massive baton.

though the warden was far superior compared to the undead, among them however were powerful cultivators, and the cultivators' weapons had enchantments on them as well as curses that proved far more difficult for the lone warden to destroy, but persisted nonetheless, and took the attacks head on without taking much damage.

Lios: well... that could've been worse.

Aster: just be grateful that they're on our side Lios.

Lios crossed his arms as after he returned his daggers, and gave a light sigh.

Lios: yeah yeah, whatever.

the other wardens were quick to help, overwhelming and overrunning the undead as they carved a path through the entrance passed many hallways with Zenon and his friends, as well as the FCAD-Drones who were not far behind.

and as they go deeper and deeper passed the many undead, they found themselves, not in the school grounds, but inside what looks to be the treacherous, Death Valley.

the weather was different in Death Valley, rain would pour every day, and thick mist and fog would block one's sight by a few feet, and cliffs in this valley are known to collapse from time to time, as well as many other dangerous creatures lurk beneath the dark waters below the valley, the worst place for a vacation or a tour on Mi-ir.

and after what seemed like almost an hour of fending off hordes of undead, there was now silence, far more irritating and displeasing than the sound of marching undead.

Lios: damn... this place gives me the creeps...

Lios shivered as Zenon casts a protection spell on him.

Zenon: here... this should protect you from most attacks.

Lios: t-thanks Zenon, I owe you one.

Zenon: there's no need to be...

Lios: ok... but thanks anyway.

while Zenon was busy taking care of Lios, Aster and Lionard were taking in the sight before them, using their enhanced vision to see through the thick fog, but the only thing they could see is a cliff, and a massive bridge.

Aster: no sign of undead?

Lionard: no... not yet at least, but I prefer it that way... this place... I am certain that this is Death Valley, to think this is the second place we would be visiting...

Aster raised an eyebrow as she looked at Lionard, who kept his sights on the far landscape ahead, seemingly aware of what's to come in the near future, or whatever awaits them further in the valley.

Aster: why? is there something you don't like? a bad memory or something?

Lionard gritted his teeth before responding with a low voice, his eyes focused on a particular area.

Lionard: something like that... it is something that I wished I would have forgotten... this place... this is where it all began... if I could just have prevented it... if only... but I have a chance now...

although this is the right timeline in which before his people was massacred, he still felt sickened by the fact that, even before the massacre, there were still corpses that pilled up below the valley.

and at the bottom, millions of corpses, unrotting, yet bleeding, forever at the bottom, piling up as more and more fall and die a gruesome end, with a river of blood flowing endlessly, and a beast of flesh and blood awaiting for its next victim, however, it would seem that its not the only thing that awaits below the valley, another, sleeps deeper within.

 

0