Season-1 Chapter-9 Unholy Friends
126 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unknown-Time.

Damian immediately ordered his units to stop by pressing the s button on his keyboard, and with a simple command all of his units stopped in place, their bodies immediately relaxing as the lich looked around confused and a little panicked.

Damian breathed a sigh of relief as he laid back on his nonexistent chair, or, on nothingness, it would have been a real pain if he had just lost a future ally, although he could not fully control, they were loyal nonetheless, and follow at least some commands, but that would soon be revealed once he is deeper into the game, a game made for gods, for gods like him.

Damian: phew, that was a relief, I almost killed him.

Damian looked at the lich, impressed at how cool looking the lich was.

such amazing armor almost like an DLC character from some sort of expansion pack, but then he realized he was in a strategy game, and he just obtained four DLC characters that now follow him, Damian felt amazed and excited, never has a game been this amazing and story like, almost like an armada of anti-air turrets mounted on mechs to shoot down any boredom.

Damian then noticed three dots right above the lich, and he could see the name too, he then decided to click on the three dots above the lich as he heard dialogue, then he realized the lich was already next to one of his ASF-Wardens, and did some sort of talking animations, a few gestures here and there, hearing the lich's voice felt amazing, cool even.

Sanctus Malum: I believe you have something that I require, but I do not, then... I shall make you a deal dark god.

two buttons appeared on Damian's screen, on the left an [ Accept ] button and to the right a [ Decline ] button, Damian immediately clicked the one on the left without a second thought just as the lich continues his dialogue.

Sanctus Malum: if... w-what? what is happening to me!?

Sanctus Malum glowed bright with red, his skull slowly being covered in flesh and soon skin, his organs restored inside his dissolving skeleton and a new heart made for pumping in life in his new body, his bones remade anew and his fresh lungs breathed air, regaining youth, but still forever immortal, never aging, never dying.

and as the light dimmed out Sanctus Malum was finally able to breath air, this time he had a face, bright almost pure red skin, purple eyes, black hair, and pointy ears, much longer than those of even fantasy elves, with a handsome face.

Sanctus Malum looked around before looking at his body, his body finally breathed life, he felt joy for the first time in a nearly a thousand years, he looked at the ASF-Warden with thankful eyes, giving a light bow before giving his thanks.

Sanctus Malum: thank you oh generous god, I give you my everlasting loyalty, let this servant serve the master.

Damian then stretched out his arms in excitement as he shouted at the top of his lungs.

Damian: oh hell yeah!!! another ally! a new follower!!! woohoo!!!

Damian then quickly relaxed as he lowered his arms and returned his hands on the keyboard and mouse, but Damian still felt his joy overwhelming him despite his body already steady and calm.

Damian tried to calmed himself down as he listened to the more dialogue of his allies, this time he saw something right above their names, a grey rectangle with the word [ Follower ] floating above their heads, he could even see their health.

oh crap, I could see their health now? nice! Damian thought to himself as Zenon and Sanctus Malum both looked at each other, starting yet another conversation all the while the bone castle slowly started to collapse.

Sanctus Malum: I believe it is time for us to leave, the castle is about to collapse.

Zenon raised an eyebrow as he asked.

Zenon: but isn't this your castle?

Sanctus Malum: sigh... not anymore.

Zenon gave a light nod as he casted some sort of teleportation magic, an advanced one at that.

Zenon: then I guess we leave now.

a golden magic circle then formed below them as it expanded to encompass the entire floor that they stood on, including the parts where Damian's units were standing on as well as they soon got teleported outside.

the screen turned dark for a split second before showing some sort of empty field, Damian moved the camera with his mouse before zooming out to see his units and his new followers to be in some sort of farming land.

however the peace lasted only for so long, as a giant battle was about to take place.

Zenon and his friends, now including Sanctus Malum, looked towards the sky as a wyvern passed overhead.

Damian: wyverns? really? in a martial arts world?

Damian scratched his head as his allies or followers, just call them those or something, began to ready their weapons as more and more wyverns flew above them, until one of them notices and descended upon Damian's small army, big mistake.

Damian's units immediately annihilated the entire wyvern pack, even the ones that were still high above the sky.

Sanctus Malum: w-what an impressive display of strength... I doubt I could have lasted long.

Lionard walked towards Sanctus Malum as he chuckled and smirked.

Lionard: that would be because they are far stronger than even an army, and oh, I almost forgot to introduce myself and my friends here, my name is Lionard, a humble mercenary that once fought for coin, now merely a servant to the dark god.

Sanctus Malum: ahh, then it is a pleasure to meet you Lionard.

Lionard then turned to face the others as he pointed at each of his friends, introducing them one by one.

Lionard: that young man over there is Lios, the assassin and a great thief, and that pretty lady is Aster, a knight that fought for justice even now, a knight once of light, now of darkness.

Lionard paused for a second before turning towards Zenon, who had the ASF-Wardens right behind him.

Lionard: and that over there would be Zenon, our magic caster, and the one that held us together, behind him are the dark god's minions, loyal and quite powerful, as you can tell by the example.

Sanctus Malum then gave a bow before turning towards the grassy field behind him.

Sanctus Malum: then... if introductions are complete where shall he head to?

Zenon walked towards Sanctus Malum, standing just to his right as he took out the only map he had.

Zenon: we'll be headed to Li-Aros, the capital city of the Shin-aaris empire...

Sanctus Malum: what shall we do in that city?

Sanctus Malum said as he turned towards Zenon, who responded with a smile.

Zenon: what else? we burn it to the ground... this is revenge after all.

Zenon then walked towards the nearby village after keeping the map he held, followed by his friends and Damian's small army, this time though they would soon encounter a little present after a while.

ten minutes later, after traveling for quite some time they finally arrived at what looks like an abandoned village, this is the same village that was ransacked by bandits and where a hero was born, training montage and all.

Sanctus Malum then looked at the many broken houses, turning his head as wood shattered under such weight, many villagers lay dead on the street, inside houses, or simply beside other corpses.

Damian: wow... this is dark.

Damian then double clicked on one of his ASF-Wardens as it automatically selects all of them at once before clicking on an empty piece of land ahead using an attack move.

ASF-Warden: surveying the area General.

Damian then moved his camera towards other parts of the village only to find traces of a battle, some cut houses here and there, a few bandits literally severed in half, or outright chopped into pieces.

Damian had seen this before but could not remember at what time it was, but he inspected deeper, finding a random cultivator sitting on a rock, while a river flowed behind him, he had light brown skin, blue eyes and long black hair, with only a scar on his nose, and a black tattoo on his neck and left part of the face, holding a wooden sheath for his iron sword.

the cultivator in general wore some sort of white kimono and clothing, Damian was confused as to why every comic if not most comics about martial arts wore kimonos, and as confusing as it was, this was just it, and he accepted that, Damian then ordered all of his wardens to gather in front of the unknown cultivator with a single click, and they obeyed.

the wardens came rushing towards their designated location startling the unknown cultivator who jumped from the rock he was sitting on, he quickly drew his iron sword that looked like it was tempered for thousand if not hundreds of thousands of times, it to the point to looked like silver all the while Damian's wardens gathered one by one fast.

Damian: well this'll be fun.

Damian watched as the unknown cultivator paid close attention to his units, he could even see the cultivator's facial expression, what a nice little detail, however boring or small Damian still find it amazing that there are more little details to this game that he plays, oh how much more detail he could've found if he just paid a little more attention.

Sanctus Malum: well, it looks like we have a spy from the Purity Sect, I wonder what secrets you hide.

the five friends approach the unknown cultivator, standing right in front of Damian's wardens with the FCAD-Drones just a few dozen feet behind standing by and awaiting commands, but wary, and watching.

Solaris: if I may be speak, would any of you care to introduce yourselves? I am Solaris, and you?

the unknown cultivator spoke in a deep intimidating voice, but not intimidating enough to even make Zenon and his friends flinch, let alone even Damian's FCAD-Drones and the ASF-Wardens.

Damian listened as his followers started a conversation with the cultivator Solaris, who lowered his weapon as he was approached by Zenon and the other followers, Sanctus Malum started as he gave slight taunt.

Sanctus Malum: what brings a cultivator of your stature Solaris? I doubt you are here merely for the view... of rotting corpses and the stench of death, or am I wrong about you?

Sanctus Malum released some of his aura, although not affecting his friends it surely affected the lone cultivator, who felt his own chi being suppressed by a far more powerful one.

Sanctus Malum: tell me, who do you serve?

Solaris hesitated for a moment before giving an answer, in a form of a riddle.

Solaris: someone of high status, who rules a city, what of it?

Lionard smirked as he took a few steps forward and looked at Solaris with a grin.

Lionard: speaking in riddles are we? then riddle me this... why the madman leave the town?

Solaris gave the riddle some thought before answering nervously.

Solaris: to hide from the law?

Lionard smirked once again before giving the answer to the riddle.

Lionard: wrong, to die in a ditch!

Lionard and the others immediately took out their weapons the same as the cultivator, Lionard charged at Solaris as they were about to clash weapons, Zenon quickly casting many protection spells on Lionard while Solaris channeled his chi into his weapon, both clashed in a windy shockwave that shook the trees and grass, but they all forgot someone.

Damian, who watched everything from a bird's eye view ordered at least one of his wardens to participate in the battle, despite the clearly outnumbered Solaris he still held off on his own, but that would soon change as a warden quickly appeared behind him, smacking him to the ground shattering some of his bones, lucky for him.

although Solaris managed to hold off such an attack, that would soon prove worthless.

the ASF-Warden assigned by Damian to participate in the battle already rose by two ranks from previous battles.

ouch... that must have hurt Damian thought to himself as his selected warden continued a barrage of attacks, slow but powerful, and very much deadly, but would not kill the cultivator, just incapacitate him.

Aster: woah! look at it go!

Aster watched idle as she was amazed by the fast movement but slow attacks of the warden.

Lios: that's our bodyguard alright! glory to his eminence!

Zenon: glory be his name!

Solaris dashed a few dozen feet back as he spoke while out of breath.

Solaris: zealots, all of you...

Sanctus Malum smiled with a chuckle as he responded to Solaris's assessment.

Sanctus Malum: that may be, however you are not, that makes you our enemy! seeing as they found you first...

Sanctus Malum paused for a moment, giving time for the warden to appear behind Solaris before continuing.

Sanctus Malum: you are in terrible trouble.

Solaris: w-what? how are you-

Solaris was caught off guard as he tried to turn and block whatever attack that came his way but it was too late, the massive baton of the warden was already inches away from his face, until it made contact a second later.

Lios: well that's probably going to kill him.

Solaris was sent flying towards the five followers, stopping two feet away, lying on the dirt.

Zenon: I think that's enough, let us interrogate him.

Damian then ordered the warden to stop before ordering it to stand next to Zenon who then kneeled and looked down on the crippled cultivator, shaking his head as he shammed the half dead man.

Zenon: tsk tsk tsk, you should've surrendered immediately instead of fighting back.

Solaris looked up and stared at Zenon with bloody eyes before coughing up blood.

Solaris: why? why are you doing this? what do you want from the emperor?

Sanctus Malum raised an eyebrow as he did not expect Solaris to actually know who he was talking about.

Sanctus Malum: so you actually knew who I was talking about? why did you not speak up earlier?

Lios: chuckle... probably because he was half awake...

Lios joked causing Sanctus Malum and Aster to smile.

Sanctus Malum: you may have a point there Lios.

Aster: he's joking you know?

Sanctus Malum: hah, I know, it is just that I find it amusing...

the the four followers kept their weapons all apart from Lionard as Zenon interrogated Solaris some more.

Zenon: now then, shouldn't we get back where we started?

Solaris's eyes shrank as Zenon casted some sort of magic on him which made him scream at the top of his lungs, the trees blocking any noise to go any farther or further into the other parts of the land, while birds blocked his scream from reaching the skies with their chirps, no one could hear him, his screams would fall onto deaf ears, dead ears more like.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0