Shinji’s Shocking Surprise! The World Strongest Valkyrie!
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sensei! Sensei!" The lady embraces the teacher between her breasts as he stands there with no reaction whatsoever.
"Le-Len-Lena-Sama?! What are you in the world are you doing?!" Aika asks completely distraught.
"Huh? What is it Ai-Chan? Is there something wrong?" Lena asks as she turns her attention towards her. Still not letting go of the motionless teacher's head between her chest.
"Wrong?! Wrong doesn't even begin to describe it!"
"I think she means you should put some clothes first Master." Managing to finally calm Agnicia and keeping her from jumping as she changed into her clothes. The butler kneeled and presents a pair of underwear towards her.
"Ops! I was so overjoyed in seeing you two that I completely forgot that I asked Bea to try out some of my new pieces with me! We've just finished designing them yesterday! Tehe!"
Finally letting go of Shinji. She bops her head mischievously, picks the underwear off Usami's hands and puts it on right in front of everyone without a single shred of embarrassment nor hesitation.
"No way…Daisy. Is it really you?" Shinjirou recovers a bit from his shock and manages to ask that single question.
"Yep! The one and only! Your most troublesome student and former delinquent extraordinaire! Hehe! Bet you didn't expect to see me here did ya Sensei? So? How do I look? Gorgeous, huge breasts, big butt, rich, and even bigger butt! Based on what Ai tend to say about you. I pretty much look like your ideal type of woman don't I?" She slowly bends her back and leans forward in a seductive manner so naturally that not even supermodels could hope to achieve so casually.
"Hahaha! C'mon Lena-Chan! You talked about out your butt twice! You had even rehearsed your introduction too! How could you botch that up? "The panda in the corner approaches them while laughing and wraps one of his paws around her neck.
"Oh. Did I? I don't remember doing that!" She sticks out her tongue and pretends to play coy.
Instead of answering to her seductive charm. the Shinji reacts by placing his palm on his face and takes a deep breath.
"Just give me a damn second to recompose myself…" Shinji drops on one knee to pick up his lighter and one pack of cigarettes off the floor.
"Tsk! Tsk! That's a big no-no from me Sensei!" Just as he picked a cigar and lit it. Lena pulls it out of his mouth and waves her finger at him.
"What happened to the same teacher that hounded me and a bunch of misfits up and down? If I'm not mistaken. I remember that a certain teacher chastised me constantly for it and pretty much forced me to stop!"
"…I only did because of your age and for the sake of my student's health. A shithead like me has some leeway."
"…We haven't seen each other in a long time and you helped me a lot so I'll let that comment slide for now. Why don't we go on a date to talk about things? I'm certain that you have a lot of questions."
"Yea. I most definitely do." He nods without saying another word. Then stares at the current Valkyrie and Crow. The pair whistles and pretends to look the other way.
"Who knows? Maybe I could even book a hotel for the both of us later toni-"
"AAAAHHHH‼‼" Bink suddenly comes flying at their direction like a speeding bullet.
*Slam!*
Instead of dodging to the side like Shinji did. Lena perfectly lands a somersault straight in his chin and he disappears high into the skies.
"Whoa!" A blur then suddenly passed through Shinji and plunged towards the her. Unable to contain her anger any longer. Setsuna had already merged with Fenrir and plunged towards the half-naked woman with her dagger in hand.
"Heh!" A sharp glint appeared in her eye. Lena nimbly and perfectly parried the dagger off her hands just as fast and kicked it far away. She then graciously spun in place like a ballet dancer, flexibly wrapped the back of her knee against Setsuna neck and used her entire body weight to drop down like a guillotine. Lena then proceeded to lock both her wrists with just one hand.
"I thought I told in the past that you first should hide your bloodlust If want you want to ambush someone Setsuna-Chan. I saw that one coming from a mile away."
"Grrr…." Setsuna could only but helplessly growl in frustration.
"Does these two know each other?" Crow whispers his question at Aika.
"Kinda. Lena-Sama took care of me, my brother and Setsuna back when we were kids. They never got along very well. Almost on the same level as me and the Pig."
"I finally understand why! You're an enemy of mine and Sensei's!" Setsuna desperately tried to escape from her pinned position but Lena completely had her over control.
"Geez. I pass through the portal not even two minutes in and there's already some monkey business happening around here?"
Karasu (transformed in Crow's form in store clerk uniform and with a black pair of wings) comes down from the hole left on the ceiling with Bink in one of his hands.
"Ahh…I really missed you Lena-san…especially those splendid feet and majestic kicks of yours…ohh.. I'm smitten..." His foot-marked face completely immersed in pleasure and eyes almost rolling behind the back of his head. Karasu lets go of him and Bink lands on his face.
"You're late Karasu." Crow answers without even checking on the limp and twitching demon on the floor.
"Sorry! I was busy making out with your manager in the broom closet and lost track of time!" Karasu declares proudly as he points at the several lipstick marks on his collar.
"*Sigh* Please tell me you didn't' do what I think you did…" Crow pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration.
"Oh! I assure you we did much more than that Partner! This pretty face of ours is a crazy magnet for older sister types for some reason! I'm THIS close to convincing her into a threesome with one of your Senpai's there as well!"
"Goddammit Karasu! I already told that's MY face and not 'ours'! I can't ever go back to work over there place again! The pay and dental plan was so good too!"
"That's your worry? Heh. No wonder you are still a virgin…" Bink gives off a snide remark as he finally recovers and pulls his displaced jaw back into place.
"I don't wanna hear that from the world's worst masochist…"
"Besides, I wanted to stall as much as I could because of our little 'guest' visit. Is Lena-San here already?" Karasu carefully looks around him in defense mode.
"I'm right here Karasu-Chan!" Lena finally let's go of Setsuna who had no more strength to resist and greet the feathery Crow look-alike.
"Hahaha! You should play along with Karasu-Kun and get that V-card out of the way while you still can Hide!" Lena says as she pats Crow in the back.
"I don't want to hear this out of an old virgin hag like you out of all-Shi-"
*SMACK!*
Before he is capable of regretting his choice of words. Lena roundhouses Crow so hard that in the span of a second he broke a hole though the wall and sank deep into the cloudy abyss below.
"Partner‼" Karasu quickly dove into the clouds after him.
"Is Crow-San going to be okay? Although I'm a little jealous now..." Bink whispers to Agnicia.
"Don't worry. Sis trained both me and Hide personally when we were still teenagers."
"They don't really seem to be on the same page though…"
"Guess can I tell you since we're supposed to be allies now. Shortly after becoming the Valkyrie. Nee-Sama first found him fighting a demonic dog behind a dumpster for scraps of food when he was ten. After seeing him defeat it barehanded, she treated his wounds and forced to join us…despite his protests. He seems bratty at first but those two trusts each other just as much as I do. It would take much more than that to take him down anyways... Don't you remember the mural in front of the gate?"
"The 'Bloody Bird Parade' thing?" Bink pictures in his head the extremely detailed panting right in front of Arcadia's massive gate.
"Those two once tried to mock her that Sis relationships never go anywhere and always got bored after the first date…"
"Woman of her caliber? I can imagine it must be hard to find someone of her standing…"
"…She always says none of them were even close to her ideal man. Anyways, Hide was way more careless with his words when she first recruited him. He once made the mistake to say she never took any of them to bed and was worse off than him due to her old age."
"*Gulp* What happened next?" Bink could only shudder thinking of the outcome…in delight that is.
"In a matter of minutes. Hide was beaten to pull and his body left in an almost unrecognizable state. It took him an entire week to recover. The blood scrubbed on Arcadia halls took a whole day to clean. One of our most promising recruits at the time witnessed the events and painted a mural depicting the scene. People saw it and called it 'Bloody Bird Parade'. That's where the name comes from"
The two picture the ominous painting in their heads. A man and a bird begging for mercy while being choked by an angelic looking figure that despite the smile in her face. Only showed the feeling of a predator devouring its prey as she choked the last of the poor bird's light…
"…Did she never said anything about that mural though?"
"Everyone here shudders with fear when looking at that painting. Except Sis, who apparently missed the meaning behind it. She thinks it looked pretty badass…"
"…She might be a pro when it comes to fashion but her sense for modern art is scary…"
"Allow me to apologize for my master Milady…" Usami offers his hand and a handkerchief towards Setsuna.
"…" She accepts it without saying anything. Fenrir jumps out of her body and Setsuna clothes turn back to normal as she undoes her Magical Girl transformation at the same time.
"I wasn't expecting to another bunny in our midst after so long…" Usami jokes as he stares at the bunnygirl outfit Setsuna was wearing.
(Holy shit. Did we seriously made her go all the way to school in that getup?!)
Aika and her uncle just realized the fact. They were so focused with getting to Arcadia that they didn't gave her time to change into her casual clothes.
"Oh. Right. I forgot about that." Setsuna monotonously says as she stares at her own body like it was someone else's problem.
(Oi! How did YOU forgot about it too?! Weren't you the one who said you were embarrassed about wearing that in the first place?!)
"Belgrim? Usami?" Recognizing the other Sacred Beast faces in the room. Fenrir drops the empty bottle in his mouth and go towards them.
"Hot damn! Fenrir?! Long time no see! HAHAHAHA" The panda high fives the wolf as he cackled with laughter.
"It is nice to see a old friend after so long…" Usami cordially bows.
"The same noisy and quiet bunch as always huh?"
"Yes. Although it is a real shame that we still cannot remember our entire journey together."
"Yeah. Although I would be much better off without than having to see your ugly mug everyday..." Usami states as he brushes the Panda's pan on his shoulder.
"HAHAA! That's rich coming from the man who couldn't take a joke and spends all day working at his desk! Just take a look at these gains Bunnyboy! You should hit a gym!" The Panda suddenly transforms into a muscular old man with a large beard and flexes his muscles in front of them.
"Ever heard brains for brawn? Stupid bear. That's why Lena-Sama relegated you to chauffer and delivery man! Also go back to your old cub form or put on a shirt before we get sued one of these days! You totally look like that scary huge old man from that one fighting game with a gaping mouth on his-"
"I already told you! I.AM.A.BLOODY.GODAMNED.PANDA‼ I'LL NEVER WEAR A SHIRT WILLINGTLY‼‼" The two start breaking yet another fight in the room.
"Sigh…I'm honestly starting to think the construction of the Valkyrie quarters is never going to get done at this rate…" Agnicia sighs as walks over next to Aika. Covering her body with a thick blanket.
"…Did you knew about this Agnicia-Sama?" Aika asks her as she stares at her role model and teacher side by side.
"Kind of. Onee-Sama ordered us to keep a secret from you two though. Something about wanting to see his face shocked in surprise."
"Sorry for leaving so soon everyone but we have important stuff to talk about! Should we get going to our date now Sensei?" Lena asks as she changed out of her underwear and into her work attire. A cropped business top and a long skirt. Her figure still exuded sexiness that no normal model could ever dream of achieving.
"…" Shinji doesn't answer and make his towards the door.
"You think I'm going to just let walk away with Sensei you airheaded bimbo?!" Setsuna stands in front of them and stop them. Shinji blank stares dissipates and he gently pats Setsuna on the head.
"Don't worry Set-Chan. I just want to have a private talk with her. You should be worried about going through your trial as Magical Girl. Be a good friend and help her out too AI-Chan."
"Yea…You better behave yourself in front of her!" Aika wasn't happy with whatever was going on between those and had a lot of questions. But her uncle was right. Setsuna had priority at the moment.
"You stay and help the girls out too okay, Nyamo-Chan?" Lena picks up the cat on her arms cuddles with it for a bit before letting go of her and handing her a biscuit she had on her back pocket.
"Okpway!" Nyamo agrees and she happily chomps on her treat without a second thought.
At the same time, Karasu came back again gripping Crow with his talons. His nose was runny with blood and he swayed back and forth once they landed.
"Usami-Kun you stay and help monitor Setsuna's trial with everyone one. I need Belgrim-Kun with me for the ride. The rest is in your hands."
"Yes Master…" The butler immediately stopped fighting against his peer and kneeled before her without question.
"Aye aye ma'am!" The giant 'bear' of a man had no problem doing the exact same.
"Grr…" Knowing there wasn't anything more she could do to stop them. Setsuna grit her teeth in frustration as Shinji and Belgrim passed through the door.
As she passed by her. Lena suddenly leaned next to her and whispered next to Setsuna's ear very quietly:
"I always wanted to tell you this. But you should give up on Sensei while you still have the chance. Chasing after him will get you nowhere. There is only pain waiting for you down this road…"
"You‼!" Before Setsuna was able to turn back and throw a punch at her. Lena was already gone by then…
"We should start the trial before it gets late…" Crow regained his consciousness and calmed down that his mentor had left.
"We have two paths for you to choose Setsuna-San. Which one would you like to choose-"
"Both! I'll show her there's no path in the way of me and Sensei‼!" Setsuna angrily shouted at the heavens as everyone was just as confused and dumbfounded at her sudden declaration of war…
*****
Shinji and his former student returned to Merry and were are now walking side by side in one of the most bustling crowded avenues in the city.
Lena grabbed the purse she left in her limo and picked a pair of stylish and flashy sunglasses that only made her stand out more rather than help hide her identity. She is also changed again out her work clothes something even casual yet scandalous. A tank top and a pair of hotpants. Taunting her figure in full display. Making it obvious for everyone that it was indeed one of the most famous and stunning woman in town.
She's is eating a luxurious case of honeyed dumplings and shark-fin buns as she hands feeds her former teacher as they wander around with no destination in mind.
She gave Belgrim permission to take a ride around the town so the two could talk alone. Not before hitting a hydrant and running over a sidewalk before turning over the corner.
"That is one resistant and amazing ride you got there. I would love to peek into her engine when we have the time…"
Unlike their restrictive magical whistles. Lena's ride could open a gate or can go back in and out of Arcadia at any given moment from anywhere in the world.
"Hehehe! Impressive right? The power of magic and advanced human technology...plus years worth of my salary and Usami's extensive research on Artifacts. It can also fly and go underwater but don't tell Belgrim about that. He loves adrenaline and would definitely get funny ideas about it if he finds out."
Lena them noticed the gazes and that the two were the center of attention.
"Everyone is looking at us…was the disguise not good enough?"
"I think you should give a good look at the mirror and ask that yourself…"
"Ehh? Are you saying there's something wrong with my body Sensei or are you trying to imply something? Maybe they think we look like a couple?" Lena grins mischievously as she asks and links his arm between her chest. Making him the subject of envy in every single man in the area. Shinji however, looked away absently mindly.
"…Someone long ago once taught me that questions like these are dangerous landmines laid by women. So no comment."
"But still. My body completely fit your standards right Sensei? Especially the rear right?! Given you are such an ass-man!"
"…Girl. Who told you such thing slander?"
"The princip-I mean Raiga-San pointed it out a long time ago! You always tried to be subtle but I noticed you couldn't keep your eyes out of some of the teachers back when I was still a student! You also ogled nine different women's behind since we left the Arcadia. Geez! Kinda rude to do that in front of your date don't ya think so? Geez! You're lucky in so forgiving!" She pouts, still not letting go of his arm.
(Dammit old man! Stop giving away other people fetishes so openly! You breast-obsessed freak!) Shinji felt the urge to punch a wall but refrained from doing so as he expected it would attract even more attention towards them. Completely failing to realize the irony behind his own words.
****
"Achoo‼!" Crow sneezed in the middle of preparing the arena for Setsuna's trial.
****
"But it's alright! I forgive you Sensei! That is, if you have the courtesy to do the same to me!"
"Never. Graduated or not. I'd rather hump a flaming cactus than having impure thoughts and laying my hands on a precious student of mine." Shinjirou strikes her assertive suggestion down without any shred of hesitation.
"Sigh…I guess we now know from the girls learned their colorful language from …Tch! Guess just flaunting these assets won't work. I worked so hard for these too…" She muttered lowly under her breath…
****
Filled with nothing but snacks and wanting a quiet place to talk. The pair grew hungrier and decided to stop by a fast food joint nearby. They resumed their conversation again once they got their orders and sat on a secluded corner.
"Yaphu knyow. I hbeard someone was taking care of the girls and Akira when I wasn't around. But had absolutely no idea it was you!" Shinji breaks the silence as he speaks with his mouth full as he heartily chomps on his burger.
"…Akito-San and his subordinates made sure the news didn't reach your ears. They figured you wouldn't feel very comfortable about it. The hard part was convincing Akira-Chan, Ai and Setsuna-Chan to play along without making them think too much about it. Especially since the latter is very sharp for someone her age as I'm sure you are aware."
"No kidding. I was stumped over what to do when Set-Chan found out about the Magical Girl thing but glad everything worked out. Still. You've changed! I can't believe you're the same cute innocent girl who couldn't say 'schlong' without blushing or stuttering!"
"You are probably the only one who had the balls to call that brash hot-headed girl cute and innocent...But I didn't change as much as you did! 'Ero-Sensei'! I bet none of my classmates would believe you are that same scary sharp-glare teacher that didn't leave anyone alone! Even other teachers were scared to death of you!"
"…You seem to know a lot about me for someone who you didn't met for twenty years."
"The girls wouldn't stop talking about you when they were smaller! The rest I learned from Akito-San and the former Principal-I mean Raiga-San. I visit him in the mountains every five years to talk about things. Mostly about you. He did shared some of your family secrets with me. Such as the 'Tsunaboshi Ascendancy Training' you and Akito-San did when you were little."
"No way! He shared one of our family deepest secrets with you just like that?! What the hell was senile old fart was thinking?! Even few members inside the Tsunaboshi family knows about that!"
"Ahahaa! Don't blame the poor old man! We have some special circumstances! I may or may not have gotten him a little tipsy and persuaded him with some photoshoots of my best models wearing some of my unreleased samples ahead of time! Hahaha! You should have seen the disappointed look on Kumaki-Chan's face! I never seen a grizzly bear frown so hard!"
"…I can totally imagine that happening. Given how he usually acts now that he freed himself from leading the family. That old man is way too careless for his own good..."
"Kumaki-Chan did powerbombed him off a cliff afterwards for spilling sake on the tatami though…"
"...Sheesh. That little sister that our old man adopted after moving to the mountains is usually cute and docile. But she's way scarier than a demon when she's angry. I much rather take my chances facing an berserk Ai-Chan and a huge army of demons than going against her…"
"Relax! I promised them that I would never tell anyone! Oh! I might have taken some notes from that training and used it to coach Bea and Hide when first joined though. Hehe!"
"Wait! Seriously?! Even if it's an adapted version of it, that's impressive! I can't believe they survived that hellish training! Me and my brother were barely lucky enough to have got out of that mountain alive since it was meant to be taken when you are of age! No wonder those two are so bloody strong!"
"…I had make such preparations for my eventual retirement as the Valkyrie. Plus, I wanted to make sure that those two and Arcadia would be safe even with me gone."
"I can't believe my old man would give away one of our family deepest secrets just like that though! He would have pushed us into one hell of a 'fishing trip' if were me or my brother who did had done that!"
"…We still kept in touch even after the investigation concluded and the arson case had privately closed. Raiga-san supported me and everyone else a lot behind the scenes."
"My old man did huh? Guess Sasori isn't the only blabbermouth in the family…Which reminds me why are you still hung up on calling me Sensei even after all these years? You even dropped it with my father and siblings already."
Lena took a sip of her soda and stared at the bottom of her drink as she caressed her own hand and seemed to fondly reminisce about something before answering:
"…You will always be my dear 'Sensei' no matter how many years have passed. It's a fond reminder of my time back in Merry High and the person who I am now. Both good and the bad are all unreplaceable things for me."
"I see…Speaking of which. There's something hanging on my mind I wanted to ask you ever since we left. Were you already…uhh…how do I ask this without making it sound obvious…uhhhhh…." He scratches the back of his head and avoids looking her in the eye searching for subtle to sate his curiosity.
"…You want to know if I became a Magical Girl before or after you were arrested right?""
"…" After glancing around and made sure nobody was listening in their conversation. Shinji quietly nodded instead of answering her question.
"Of course not silly! Why would I be the 'Rebellion Princess' if I was? My awakening just happened to be on the same day your verdict was given and sentence decided!"
"…"
"But's it very funny you asked! I just happened to become a Magical Girl on that very same day! What a huuge coincidence right? Once I saw on TV that the court decided what to do with the mysterious arsonist behind closed doors and decided to do everything I could to make his sacrifice worth. A Panda and a Bunny suddenly popped out of nowhere in the middle of my room and were at each other throats!"
" Lena flashes a teasing smile as she happily sips on her soda.
"…Things could have gone lot more different if I already were one back on the day of that arson…"
"No. They wouldn't. I was already determined to throw everything away in order to stop 'Maroon Dust' from spreading ever again before I even knew you were even there. Everything that happened inside that warehouse were due to my own volition and selfishness. Either way, 'Demon Teacher' died that day. The person in front of you now is Ero-Sensei. The silly goofball that paying his due for the many sins, decisions and atrocities that man had committed in the past. There's not much else to it."
Lena smile wavered for a moment before resurfacing.
"…I know you're not that cynical Sensei. Plus, you're a bad liar to boot. Your right eyebrow mildly twitches to the side every time you get really nervous is dead giveaway. Just like Raiga and Akito-San too!
"…"
"…Sins and mistakes aren't the only thing that man managed to create Sensei. The hot and successful office lady in front of you is living proof of it. So no more doubting yourself or else I'm going to slap you silly okay?"
"…"
"Raiga-San was surprised at how long it took to get you out of there willingly. Never filling an appeal or pleadingyour case. Geez! Two years in slammer out of sheer stubbornness for not compromising over a promise. What in the world did he even told you to finally convince you to get out of there?".
"…"
"Geez. Silent treatment again? Sigh…Is the entire Tsunaboshi family always like this? I only know some of most personal tidbits from Makoto-San herself and Sasori-San so you don't have to look that uncomfortable Sensei."
"…" Instead of speaking further the two stared at each other as if they were communicating through their eyes. The awkward silence returned and the two got up with their trays in their hands.
Once they reached the trash bins. Lena calmly approached his ear and whispered:
"…Hey, mind if we go through the fire exit over there instead?" She subtly pointed her chin towards the door.
"Is there something wrong?"
"It's about to be if we don't go now." For the first time since they met again, Lena's wasn't radiantly smiling any longer. She instead had a very stern and serious look on her face.
"Alright." Noticing it too, Shinjirou decided to do as she asked without asking any more questions…
****
"Alright! I know you are stalking us! Show yourself! There's no point in hiding by now!"
Soon as they casually closed the door behind them into a dark alleyway. The area around them distorts as time seems to slow down and the door behind them disappears.
Above the stairways, walls and in front of them were several men in clown costumes waiting to ambush them.
(Illusion and time disruption magic? Where did he came from?!) Shinji raised his fists and put his guard up but Lena stood in front of him in order to stop his advance.
"I can't believe my eyes! It really is you! Goddess of War! You don't even seem to have your Sacred Beasts with you? That info was really worth the money!" A voice shouted from above them over a stairway on the building in front of them.
(I see. I couldn't feel their presence because they are already dead…)
Upon closer inspection, Shinji not only notices their bodies were made of clay and flesh halfway rotting but there's also numbers attached to each one of their limbs. All the way from two to seventeen.
"Friend of yours?"
"A zombiefied demon from the looks of it. Most likely a straggler or someone's underling from my time as Valkyrie."
"The name's Tesh! I suffered a humiliating defeat by your hand and you destroyed my original body ten years ago…and you dare say that you don't even remember?! You damn bitch! I had to eat mice to survive until I managed to sculp these bodies out of clay, flesh and blood!"
As all of them prepared to take up in arms carrying several kinds of weapons. Lena only sighed and merely scratched her ear annoyedly as a response.
"…*Sigh* You're ruining my VERY important date with Sensei just because of petty revenge? You should have been glad that you even survived! Most demons aren't so lucky after facing me you know?"
"What?!"
"Besides, I don't even need Sacred Beasts or any magic to defeat the likes of you! I had beer stronger than you!"
"Die whore‼ Let's go Ghoulish Circus!" Unable to take her condescending tone any longer. All Tesh's charged at the two with murderous intent.
Shinji immediately readied a spell but Lena stood in front of him to stop his casting.
"Oi! I can't fire if you stand right in front-"
*Crack!*
She cracks her knuckles and neck before answering him.
"Let me handle them Sensei. It will be a nice workout after being stuck in that office for so long! "
Bearing a cocky smile and hot-blooded. Lena dodges one chain sickle aimed at her neck and kicks Tesh #5 in the stomach and he is sent flying high in the air. She then cartwheels, uses the momentum to jump high in the air and then climbs on top of Tesh #8's shoulders by wrapping her legs around his head.
"You little bit-"
*SNAP!*
Lena snaps his neck and uses his body to gain more altitude as she slams her heel against Tesh #11's skull. He dives in full force against the ground.
"You‼"
Lena jump off another foe again and kicks yetanother one. The process repeated in a rain of unrelenting blows ensued one after another effortlessly...all without Lena's feet even touching the floor a single time.
Once the fight had ended, all that was left were the shattered remains and the bodies of several Tesh stacked on top of each other. Fourteen of them were outright killed, one was left unconscious and the other was groaning on the floor in pain. Lena mercilessly stepped on the head of the only one who was still conscious with her heel without any hesitation.
"…You should had taken your time, waited till I was an old lady and brought a hundred thousand of you. Maybe then you actually stood a chance against me."
She glares at him with a cold merciless gaze and confidence that shook even the likes of Shinjirou, who barely believed it was the same woman he was sharing a happy meal mere minutes ago.
"Grrr‼! I don't care if me or everyone else dies! You're coming with me!" Tesh #2 streches his entire jaw as it warps and his mouth reveals a large barrel installed in the back of his throat. Sensing imminent danger. Lena immediately stepped back.
"Die! Corpse Cannon!" A highly condensed energy beam made out of mana was fired from his mouth aimed towards the two.
Looking for a brief moment at the civilians behind that would get caught in the crossfire if she moved out of the way…
"SEIRYA‼‼"
…Lena instead stood her ground, quickly spun in place at blinding speeds, her left leg releases a loud crackling sound along her roar as sparks goes flying everywhere and deflects the beam literally by kicking it back at her shooter as if it was a ball.
"THIS CAN'T BE‼! YOU DAMN MONST-" Before he was able to finish his sentence in terror. Tesh #2 was incinerated until nothing of him was left. Once the dust had cleared, not even a speck of his ashes remained.
"Sigh...That could barely even count as exercise. Maybe I should spar against Agi-Chan again with my hands tied if I wanted some real challenge... "
(Whoa! That little girl really got that much stronger…I might have to be more careful to not piss her off like I used to back in the day…) Shinji couldn't help but be mesmerized by the performance he just witnessed.
"You don't have to careful around me Sensei."
"What? You a mind reader now too?"
"Nope. I just figured out the way things process inside that silly little head of yours!"
Smiling devoid of any killing intent now that the fighting was over. Lena gently poke her forehead with one finger and waves her other hand to casually dispel the illusion cast in the alleyway.
"There. I sent a 'Mind Mail' to Arcadia cleanup crew. They will handle things from here and detain the one that survived. I'm curious as to who tipped him off. Even inside the company few knows I had took the rest of the day off. Much less about Usami-Kun or Belgrim-San."
"Hold up a second." Shinji put his hand over her shoulder to stop her from walking in the opposite direction of the dead pile of clowns laying on the floor.
"Hm?"
"…What about your leg?" Shinji points at her mildly charred leg that she used to redirect that beam.
"Oh! This?! Haha! This is nothing compared to what I used to do Sensei! Seriously, don't fret about it much!"
The formerly 'Goddess of War lightly puffed up her chest to show it to him instead of hide the pain to prove she was completely okay.
"No way that's okay! I know its rich coming from me out of all people. But don't you think you should have been less reckless with your own body? I'll have you know a woman skin is a very delicate thing! While we're at it, why didn't you used your hands to cast or actually even used them at all while fighting in the first place?"
Shinji nonchalantly kneeled next to her and gently placed his hand on her leg as he cast a harmless cold to relieve and tend her burned open wound. Lena warmly as she looked at the worried look at his face and lovingly patted his head.
"…I learned from personal experience that my arms are too valuable to risk because of my line of work. I wouldn't be able to type, draw sketches or even take phone calls without it…I do appreciate you worrying about me though Sensei! Makes me fall in love with you all over again!"
"Sigh. That ruthlessness from earlier reminds me why you were called Rebellion Princess in the first place…There this should be enough for until you get home. Can you call your ride to pick us up?"
"…Actually, there's one more place I actually wanted to go before ending our little date."
"I dunno. It's getting kinda late and I still have some homework to review. Can't we just leave it to another-"
"Please. Sensei. It's important."
"But we just…alright." Noticing the serious tone which she pleaded him with and the clouded look in her eyes. Shinjirou decided to indulge his pupil one last time before going finally getting back home…

*****
"…Tonfa Storm!" Crow parries Setsuna's blade and conjures a huge tornado while spinning his Tonfas.
Having already passed her 'Path of Justice' trial with absolutely no issues. Setsuna immediately went straight to picking both Crow and Agnicia as her opponents to fight at the same time.
"Dammit! I can't get a single hit!"
"Oi! Don't forget we still have another foe on our tail! Fighting these two was your idea!" Her dagger spoke out while glowing.
Soon as she gained distance. Crow winds up several blades made of sharp wind at her direction. Agnicia picks up a huge chunk of the floor behind Setsuna and hurls it at her.
"I know! Ice Arrow!" She shoots a large spike of ice out her palm and shatters the large stone coming at her direction.
"It's not over yet! Yale! Armonite! You demanded the Valkyrie and her right hand to determine your worth! It's time to see if you're up to the test!"
Agnicia's gauntlets began to overheat and her massive shield materialized out of thin air in her hands.
"Scorched Earth!"
The 'S' shaped part of the frame began to ignite and the Valkyrie throws her shield at Setsuna like a projectile. Trails of blaze singed the floor it passed by.
"…Think we can pull off that plan?" She asked her dagger as the shield approaches the two closer and closer.
"…If it fails. We'll lose immediately."
"Heh. I strive for Sensei's heart. Impossible odds do not intimidate me!"
Instead of dodging or stepping away. Setsuna dashed towards danger and faces the shield gradually going even faster.
"Sigh…Guess the first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one…"
"I'm counting on you Fen-Fen!"
"Fine! If anything starts going south, it's on you!"
Setsuna suddenly throws her weapon at Crow. Undoing her magical girl transformation in the process.
"What is she-" Before either of her could understand what she was doing or stop their attack.
Setsuna ducks and slides under the flying shield at the last second, grazing her hair tips while her dagger reverts into Fenrir physical wolf form. A crescent moon symbol shining from within his gemstone.
"Lune Spear!"
He then spins midair and spits out a cascade of ice shards towards Crow.
"Leave it to me Partner!"
Crow's shadow jumps out of his feet and stands between his owner and Fenrir as it stretches like a massive maw, swallowing the attack whole. It then spits out the icicles back at Fenrir before returning to Crow's feet.
"Dammit! This is too big of an ordeal for someone who just woke up!" Fenrir his hind legs to stop his landing and retreat a second before the icicles are capable of hitting him.
At the same time this was happening.
Setsuna took the opportunity that her opponent was confused and closed the distance between her and the current Valkyrie.
She then started to wrap her arms around her waist and grapple against the Valkyrie's waist guard.
"That's not going to work even if you were transformed! I commend your bravery to try and fight us both. But it's impossible for an average human to bear the combined weight of Yale and me."
Perhaps in an attempt to show the huge gap between her and Setsuna. Agnicia didn't react and allowed her to try lift her up to no avail. Setsuna mustered all she could but Agnicia didn't even budge from her spot.
"What the hell are you doing?! Agnicia-Sama is wearing that massive armor and has earth infused to bolster her defenses! She must be weighting way over a ton by now! Are you blind?!"
Aika shouted from the bleachers full of other Magical Girls spectating the fight.
"My limits…" Ignoring all of their comments. Setsuna breathed deep as she could to regain a second wind. A veins in her head and arms looked as if they were about to burst from the excessive exertion until:
"…ARE MINE TO DECIDE‼! RARRGHHH‼!"
Setsuna howls if she was trying to set her spirit ablaze.
"What the-"
Agnicia felt her balance topple and lost her footing. Her legs were no longer touching the floor.
To the surprise of everyone, the Valkyrie is throw high into the sky. Even Setsuna opponents were shocked and let their guard down.
"Fen-Fen!" Setsuna extend her arm towards the Sacred Beast running towards her as she beckons him.
"Time to make some fireworks!" Her Sacred beast quickly jumps into body and reemerged with Setsuna.
Not even a second later. Setsuna then forms pistol with her finger, pointed it towards her flying adversary and began chanting words in an unknown language.
"Biting lighting which never seen light of day…"
Dark blue lighting sparks suddenly began to surge out of nowhere and gather at Setsuna's fingertip. Forming a small condensed sphere. Crow was shocked at what he was seeing.
(She knows forbidden level spells already?!)
"…I call upon thee! Raimei!" The sphere began to grow larger and larger until it tripled her in size.
"Tch! Yale!" Regaining her composure, Agnicia gestures her fingers to call her shield back.
Her shield that was flung so far way suddenly takes a sharp u-turn by a burst of pressurized steam and gains even more traction at flies towards Setsuna's back. Now bathed in even more flames.
"Tsk!"
Setsuna instinctively manages to evade at the last second but it causes her to misfire the spell at the stands and sent far way due to the immense recoil. Her transformation came undone once again at the same time it happened.
"Kyaaa!" The majority of the bystanders panicked and ran away.
Desperate looking for something to throw at the misdirected attack. Aika threw Bink against the incoming wayward spell:
"HYAAYAYA‼‼"
Charring him to a crisp as he shouted in delight.
"Okay! Time!" Usami, who was acting like the arbiter whistles to stop the fight and offers his hand to help Setsuna get up.
Agnicia lands on her feet unsteadily and Crows goes to check on her in the meantime.
"Who in the world taught you that spell?" Usami curiously questions Setsuna as he helps cleaning herself with a handkerchief.
"Hmm….."
After pondering about it for a few seconds, Setsuna shrugs at him.
"I actually don't know. Before I even realized, my body and lips were moving on their own and that came out."
Usami then proceeds to look at her Sacred Beast and he too shook his head.
"Hey. Don't look at me. It was her own doing. I just followed her pace."
(I see…She's a complete natural at this then. Heh. Arcadia got themselves a recruit with boundless potential! I now understand why Master always told us to keep an eye on her growth. Lady Ai got herself a nice rival to keep her on her toes.)
The magical girls that remained in the standards were all experienced veterans that were not afraid of the attack and remained seated as they started gossip between them.
"Is that girl really a greenhorn? She totally showing us up! The last time someone lasted this long sparring even one of them was Aika-Chan and..."
The group suddenly stared and sneers at scorched body on the ground
"Hyahaha. Did someone ordered a well done newt?" The lizard humanoid asks them giggling at his own joke.
"Nyahaha!" Nyamo laughs at it too as she licks his injuries clean.
"Someone should go patch him up before he starts moaning again. Whose turn is it to treat his wounds?"
"I-I thinks its o-ours…"
The group stares at the girl in the center speaking very quietly. It was a shy girl with cyan hair that had her eyes covered by her bangs. The one next to her was a woman with tanned skin and blonde ponytail who was fiddling in her phone with no interest in ruckus whatsoever. She didn't even bothered look at the wayward spell from moments ago.
"Ugh. Fine..." The ponytail girl looked a bit annoyed but still got up and the two started treating to his wounds with a bit of magic and a first aid kit.
"You two are so kind. Josephine-Chan. Musette-Chan..." Bink began to tear up as his scales regained its green lustrous sheen.
"Yeah, yeah be quiet and hold still or else I'll miss the open wound like last time..." The other girl subtly looks around before shyly whispering in his ear.
"...ummm….C-Could let us take a selfie with your handsome human form again?"
"O-Oi! I thought we agreed earlier not ask this jackass about that directly!"
"S-Sorry!" The lightly blue haired girl bows repeatedly at her friend in a fluster.
"Hyahaha! You're the fifth girl to ask me that just today! Do you want me to sweeten the deal and get shirtless as repayment for the treatment too?"
The girl looks at the other and both hides their face downwards and blushes a little before nodding once.
"Hyahaha! You Arcadia girls are weird! But who am I say to no?"
"We don't wanna hear that out of you!" The girls started casually bantering with the demon as they continued healing him up.
(Everyone really got used to having a demon and the Pig around for an ally haven't they? Sigh…) Aika was staring to realize the grim reality that her uncle and Bink were becoming staples in Arcadia's core identity.
While nobody was seriously injured. Setsuna was an absolute wreck and breathing raggedly.
"I think we can safely say you passed the 'Path of Conflict' too. Allow me to take you to the infirmary-"
"Not yet. I still haven't managed to score a single clean hit against them."
"…If you allow me to interject. There is a thin line between reckless and bravery Lady Setsuna. Given it haven't been even a day since you became a Magical Girl. Your body must be hitting its limit by now."
"I don't care. I haven't proven nothing yet." Both Crow and Agnicia were walking towards them as she interrupted.
"Proven?" The three tilts their heads. As if asking for who.
"Myself. Letting this end without a landing single blow will bother for weeks."
"I see…" Crow and his partner smirks at her comment and stares at the Valkyrie's face.
(I know she doesn't like the comparison. But Setsuna really is the daughter of an accomplished Dojo master huh…)
"Sounds a lot like someone we used to know huh?" Karasu quips sarcastically.
"…I can't even deny her likeness towards of that careless me from back then. Very well! We will respect your wishes and continue with the fight. However, let's keep at two rounds against us individually instead. No handicaps."
"Fine. I'll agree to it. No point in getting carried away on my first day. My real foe is that vicious woman so I'll take what I can get for now."
(…Just what is driving this girl into fighting us with such fierceness even when she knows she doesn't stand a chance?)
(I won't allow anyone stand in the way between you and me Sensei! I'll grow much more stronger! Just you wait!)
*Growl!*
Crow scratches his cheek to hide the embarrassment of roaring stomach as everyone else stares at him. Breaking the tension in the atmosphere.
"My bad. Yesterday breakfast was the last time I actually ate anything…"
Knowing fully well what was going on inside Setsuna's head. Fenrir and Aika sighs in unison as everyone else present just so happened to do it the same time.
****
"Hey. Are we getting close? The sun is starting to set and I'm not getting any younger."
"Don't worry. We're almost there Sensei."
The two were walking through the less populated part of the city. It has a quiet solemn atmosphere. You could even see the long hills that forks between Merry High and the woods at the foot of Mt. Jolly (Merry City's biggest mountain) from nearby.
(These streets looks very familiar for some reason and there's this uncomfortable feeling rising within me…Was I perhaps avoiding this place unconsciously?)
Lena suddenly stops for a moment and squints at something that stood between road's intersection.
"Oh! There he is! Ooiii! Sasori-San!" Lena suddenly sprints and waves her hand towards a very familiar large man who was leaning against his motorcycle and smoking a cigar.
"Lena-Chan! Long time no see-Oooh! You too Shinjirou!"
"Sasori? You two know each other?"
"I guess you could we are partners in crime and tend to trade information a lot! Hehehe!"
"Her and the Boss share some history too! You should've seen when she tried to drop out of school and begged him to let her enter the family! She even tried to fight everyone for their position in order to get Raiga-San's approval!"
"Sasori-San! He isn't supposed to know about that! That was an embarrassing moment for me and I wasn't thinking straight at the time!"
She pouts as she prods the large man with her elbow.
"Hahaha! My bad! My bad! But still! I'm surprised in seeing you here Shinjirou! You've been avoiding this place ever since Yu-"
*Ring! Ring!*
Their conversation gets interrupted by the ringtone of a old fliphone blaring in his back pocket.
"Hang on. Boss sent me a text…"
His expressions sour when he reads the message.
"Shit! The Vermilions again?! Sorry you two! I would love to talk with you both some more but I gotta bounce! Here's your usual package from the Boss's garden Lena-Chan!"
"Thanks Sasori-San!"
"Don't mention it! Toodles!"
Sasori hands her a bouquet of blue roses that was resting on his seat, hops onto his bike, steps into the accelerator in full throttle and leaves as fast as he possibly could. A large trail of wind blows past him.
"Let's go Sensei!"
She then points at the sole massive white building that lied beyond that intersection.
Shinji tries to read the sign next to it
(Joyous Ursine General…Hospital?)
"Not you too Daisy! I told yall I'm totally fine! Fit as a…well not exactly fit nor healthy per se. But you know what I mean!"
"It's alright Sensei! We are not here for you. I just always wanted to introduce you to someone I've known for a long time…"
"Huh? What do you mean by that? H-Hey!"
Instead of answering his question. Lena stepped into the hospital. Shinji followed her in tow.
Looking around him. There was the same calming and solemn mood from outside in the hospital despite the back and forth of patients and nurses attending any to its visitors. Many families were gathered around or sleeping some benches waiting.
The unsettling feelings inside Shinji began to boil even more which made it harder for him to breathe but he managed to contain his anxiety enough to act naturally.
Lena first drops by the reception desk and casually walks over as if it was not her first visiting this place.
"Excuse me. Frederika-San?" She greets the nurse that has her head glued to the screen and several coffee cups next to her.
"Hm? Ah!"
The nurse expression brightens once she sees who was the one who had called her namme.
"Ara! Lena-San! Long time no see! Is it that time already?"
"Yeah! Finally managed to have some time-off to drop by!"
The two began to exchange few pleasantries as if they see each other on a regular basis. She stares at the restless man standing behind her not knowing where to look.
"Oh my! You even brought another visitor with you? How rare! Is he your father perhaps?" The nurse curiously asks.
Lena then links her arms against his and laughs mischievously.
"Hehehe! He's actually my boyfriend!"
"He-Hey!"
A mind mail hits Shinji's mind as she cuts him off from speaking out. The sender being the very same girl in his arms.
[Just play along for now okay? <3]
"He's here to accompany me for emotional support! Do we still have time left to visit to 'her'?"
The cheerful expression on the nurse's face faded away soon as her Lena's question leave her mouth. She then stood up from her chair apologetically bows front of them.
"Of course. But I'm deeply sorry for informing you the staff decided to transfer the patient to the isolation ward since the last 'incident'."
"I see..."
"I'm really sorry but it was a decision finalized by the head director and there really was nothing else I could-"
Lena too shows a sad smile but stops the nurse from apologetically bowing for a second time.
"It's okay. I understand. I'm just thankful that you and the doctors still watched over her all these years. I wouldn't be able to go to work without constantly worrying if weren't for you and your peers."
"Lena-San…"
The nurse then sat on her chair again and quickly typed something into the keyboard.
"…There. I secretly extended the visiting hours. You two can take your time in there. I'll take responsibility if the doctors have anything to say about that."
She then handed the pair two blue wristbands.
"Won't that get you into trouble if they find out?"
"You don't need to worry! I might be just a simple head nurse but I'm still one of their hardest workers! They'll have to think twice before firing me or cutting my pay!"
Frederika brushes off her worries as she confidently boasts about herself.
"Thank you very much Frederika-San."
Lena then bowed to the nurse in gratitude as she waved at them as they went towards the elevator.
Shinji still didn't understand what was his purpose here as the doors closed…
****
The two walked through the large and eerily silent hallway and stood before room 405.
"Sensei. Do you happen to have anything red on your person?"
"Hm? Yea. I think there's my keychain and credit card on my wallet. Why do you ask?" He tilts his head at Lena's weird and sudden question.
"If so, please leave them on the plastic bag over there." Lena points at the black bin right next to the door as she puts on a neatly folded black baseball cap that she pulled from inside her pocket. The emblem of Merry City national team 'Merry Bastards', is imprinted on it.
Because of his positioning and the way Lena's long hair with the new cap being in front of the plaque on the door. Shinji was barely able the patient's name before she reached the doorknob. Shinji mulled over it as Lena closed the door behind them.
(No…zo…mi? Where did I heard that name before?)
As they went inside the room. They could find a room what was mostly empty devoid of anything significant but large enough to move around freely. The windows were made out of reinforced glass and the interior had padded walls.
Standing out in the center of the room was a woman in a hospital bed whose body was covered in bandages from head to toe. The only parts exposed was her mouth and partially eyes. The only noise you could hear from inside the room was her heart monitor nearby and some of the machines that helped her breathe comfortably.
"Excuse me." Lena then took off her shoes and proceeded to swaps the wilting flowers on the vase standing next to the window. Once she did, Lena turned the wheel on her IV stand and gently caressed the bandaged woman's face.
"It's me. Nozomi-San. I came to see you."
"…." There was no response from the woman.
"It's not just me! I finally brought that teacher I always talk to you about too!"
Lena beckoned Shinji to get closer to them. Shinji too took off his shoes and got closer.
The first thing he had noticed was that despite part of her eyes not being completely covered. The woman's skin was completely pale and her eyes were almost hollow and devoid of any color.
"…My name is Shinjirou Tsunaboshi. Nice to meet you." The anxiety welled within Shinji as if they were about to overflow and felt an immense urge to scream and leave the room immediately. He also took the opportunity to take a discreetly deep breath as he bowed. Bad memories began to flash in the back of his mind.
"…"
"…He's helping out Arcadia in our place. I'm sure you know how dashing he is by now based on the many stories I told you about him! He even managed to get Bink-San to side with us!
"…"
"Then again, I guess that only would make you worry even more. Hahaha…Please pretend you didn't hear that last bit!"
"…"
"You don't have to worry about Nyamo-Chan either. She's in very good hands."
"…" Lena then took a look at her body, followed the tube underneath her blanket and glanced at the several monitors next to them.
"Would you mind the looking other way for a moment Sensei? I have to change her bandages and do some of the more 'delicate' stuff."
"Shouldn't you call a nurse for that?"
"It's ok Sensei! I asked Makoto-San to give me a few caretaker lessons a long time ago! I also got the hospital permission. Besides, I like doing this…"
Once Shinji turned his back. Lena undid the woman's bandages, lifted part of her torso of the bed and began to wipe her motionless body with a wet towel. Scars adorned her entire body from head to toe.
"…I'm sure you must have figured out by now. But's she the former Valkyrie before me. Nozomi the 'Demon Hunter'."
"I remembered Scribbles and some people at Arcadia mentioning that name before. Something about being the strongest Valkyrie if weren't for you or something like that."
"Haha. I guess that's one way to describe it! Nozomi was a very focused and dignified person."
"…She doesn't have any family or loved ones to take care of her?"
Lena gently shook her head as she put the old bandages into a trash bin and wrapped her mentor's body into new ones.
"…If she did, Nozomi-san never told anyone. There are no relatives on her family register either. Pretty sure nobody other than me ever visited her. She never liked talking about herself and tended to keep her personal life to herself as well. Honestly, her entire life is a mystery to everyone. I came back empty handed everywhere I looked."
"I see…"
"The only thing I do know is that she used to work as a police officer while keeping her Valkyrie role at the same time. The security and surveillance system we have were all planned and developed by Nozomi-San herself in her own sparse free time.".
"Agi-Chan and Edgy showed me the control room the other day. I did think it was strange at the time. No offense. But I did think they were way too advanced and expensive for what a pair of college students could ever hope to afford. Guess this answers that question."
" I might've been called the Strongest Valkyrie. But no one was more dedicated in protecting the world and most importantly this town more than herself. Nozomi-San even studied on her own time and found a way to develop manmade artifacts like our cameras that kept a stable connection between other realms and made them impossible to be seen or tampered by regular people. Come to think of it I don't think I ever saw her going outside Arcadia other than for missions and her station. I only learned her address until not long ago."
Lena then empties the catheter attached to the side of the bed, disposes the bag in the small bathroom nearby and replaces it with a new one as she kept talking.
"…Her sense of justice was bigger than anyone I know. Almost to an obsessive degree. She had a hard time keeping both lives rolling so I have gut feeling she would never have approved me doing the same thing she did."
"Is that why you chose to leave Arcadia behind you?"
"…Well. Yes, and no. She just told me the day I started my business that I would someday have to come to a decision between keeping my promises or securing world peace eventually whether I liked it or not. If I kept trying to be like her and follow in her footsteps. I would end up with neither."
"Sounds like she didn't have a problem laying it out right in your face."
"Nozomi-San might've been the harshest and strictest person I know...and yet also one of the kindest. I get the feeling the two of you would get along quite easily!"
"I see…"
"…The only reason I can guess why I didn't lose my memories after resigning is probably due to guilt and how much I owe her. You may have taught me how to live life my own way Sensei...but Nozomi-San is the one guided throughout the entire process. I wouldn't even be standing here if it wasn't for her supporting me too. Now it's my turn to do the same for her. Yosh! I'm done here Sensei. You can turn around if you want!"
"So how did things ended up like this?" Shinji had a vague idea over what transpired given his weird experience with Nyamo this morning but felt compelled to ask and get a better understanding through the surviving victim herself.
"…Does the name 'The Redhand' rings any bells?"
"Scribbles showed the warnings back in hell and told us about that story. Speedo also mentioned that name once or twice before shutting his mouth with his own tail too."
"Let me start by saying that thing is no fairy tale. He is a monstrous ancient evil that managed to elude every single Magical Girl and demon of his existence for over a thousand years. Nozomi-San was the first one who managed to catch him in the act and confirmed his existence. Countless innocent lives were claimed by him. Arcadia and regular people alike. Even demons themselves aren't safe from him."
"I figured considering the very gruesome images Scribbles showed us. Any idea of what he's plotting?"
"No. We still do not know his full identity, plans nor his motives though. I do know however he is a dangerous threat for anything that breathes and might have a soul. No demon or corrupt human can ever hope to match his cruelty. I learned that very ancient demons venerated him as 'Demon Lord' at some point. You have no idea how much I want to snap that bastard's neck by my own hands…"
Lena tighten her hands into fists as she says that.
"I noticed you skipped the part about what happened between you three."
"…"
It Lena a few seconds to answer Shinjirou's question. Almost as if she was recollecting memories she would rather lie in the past as she continued explaining.
"Long story short. He unleashed all six of the Seven Deadly Sins from their seals after gathering immense amounts of Mana. We lost because I got cocky during the fight and she had to swoop in to save me. He used Nozomi's soul as some sort of key as he tortured with us all night. He even kept me, Usami and Belgrim alive just have witness the carnage he unleashed before getting bored as a warning for anyone would to go after him now that he's proven alive. His twisted laughter still haunts my dreams sometimes…"
"Gotta be honest. I can't imagine myself doing the same and letting that go if the same happened to me."
"...It was really hard for me to pass the torch to my sister going after that thing which is why I stuck around and sometimes help them as a advisor. If weren't for Hide helping them out. I'm not so sure I would be able to work every day on a clean conscience with him on the loose. I also very much doubt my mentor here would approve choosing vengeance over my future. It would've proven that I didn't grow as a person if I did."
"Does she really have no way to get better from this? Magic, Medicine or otherwise?"
"…" Lena took a deep breath as she gazed at the woman's sunken and almost hollow eyes then shook her head.
"…There's sadly no cure we know of despite trying everything we could. She only reacts if you let her see the color red and she undergoes a mental breakdown followed by multiple cardiac arrests. One of the nurses accidently cut her hand peeling an orange for her two months ago and got attacked by her. They had call five doctors to restrain her before she passed out again."
"Fucking Christ. So that's why she got transferred here..."
"…One of the doctors even suggested euthanizing her once before. It's not like I expect her to suddenly wake up even if we manage to defeat that thing. But I feel in my gut like she won't be at peace while Redhand is set loose out there. Nozomi-San was sort of a dutiful person like that. Sounds like I am one too. Haha."
"...Would you really be able to pull the trigger if it ever came to that though?"
"I would." Lena spoke without any hesitation in her voice.
"Then you're way stronger than I ever gave you credit for. I don't think I would been able to do something like that."
"...is that perhaps personal experience speaking Sensei?"
"...."
"Sorry. I forgot that I promised Akito-San not to talk about that topic with you. Disregard that last comment. Ahaha…" Lena rubs the back of her head in nervousness as quickly searching to another topic.
"Oh! She sometimes faintly smiles whenever I talked about my time in high school with you for some reason! I figured introducing you might've do some good! Well, that and talking about Aika and Nyamo-Chan!"
"How did you managed to do that anyway? I was under the assumption Sacred Beasts were supposed to become dormant only once their user dies or retired."
"Don't tell anyone. But I placed a powerful curse made to embrace falsehoods and fabricate the truth even within oneself. That and me succeeding made possible to 'trick' the system into assume Nozomi-San was actually dead and allowed Nyamo to become dormant again by erasing both their memories."
"Was the risk worth it though? The stuff I read about curses on the Archives usually don't have happy endings. Then there's that ordeal we went through to turn Scribbles human…
"I thought she didn't have to suffer her partner's same fate if I could help it. Then again, fact it still worked goes to show how little of Nozomi-San's soul is left in this world…"
Lena quickly tried to get rid of the melancholy in her face.
"Still! If you think you think you were shocked when you saw me. You should've seen my face when I saw walking right next to Aika for the first time like nothing happened and amnesiac! I legit spat out my coffee at screen when Bea told me she then somehow swapped and got bounded with you too of all people!"
"Hard to believe she used to be all that powerful when all she does now is eat and sleep all day. Wish I could do the same."
"Hide reported that she snapped for a moment a week ago. Is she doing okay?"
"Yea. Back then in the warehouses when I saw fire and we got stuck in place. My fears must have reached her subconscious or something. Then there's what happened over this morning."
"This morning?"
Shinji explained that he saw when he entered the sea of their collective consciousness and tried to peer into Nyamo's core. Including the mysterious voice and fend that opened for him there.
"That's strange. The curse I put on her is supposed repel all truth and anyone who intruded on her memories to learn from them. Even I couldn't get inside her head without at least months of preparation...why would you able to enter without immediate repercussions? It's very weird…"
Lena ponders several explanations in her head but decides to leave it for another day.
"We should shelve that topic for now. There not enough to make direct assumptions here and it's not like we can ask neither of the victims directly…"
"Ahem! You better be careful too Sensei. Trauma still lingers within them even with their memories erased! I wouldn't be surprised if Nyamo's unstable soul jumbled and mixed her memories with your own at one point and not tell the difference between them. The reason why she was able to detach from her and into you or possibly Akira in the first place is due to her unique situation. Me and Usami-Kun have a theory that might be related to that and the fact she is technically still bounded to someone else. But we don't have solid proof it yet. There's still some many holes surrounding that theory too."
"Is letting Kittypaws remember everything really that dangerous?"
"For starters she would probably enter in the same vegetative state again. Getting to close to the truth risks breaking the curse and honestly, even I don't know what could happen from there. I'll promise to research more about it with Usami-Kun next time we have an open spot in our schedule."
The two then look at the window and noticed the skies were about to go completely dark.
"Oh. It's getting late. We shouldn't bother the hospital more than this. Let's get going."
"Agreed. I still have exams to review overnight."
Lena puts a blanket over the patient and grasps her palm them with both hands.
"I'll visit you again soon Nozomi-San. Have a nice night."
After that whispering. Lena walks to the door and leaves. Shinji follows her suit but stops by the door at the very last moment and stares the young woman's face one last time.
(Here I thought that seeing Yuri in that same position so many times would have gotten me used to seeing stuff like this…I should visit her grave next time I have the day off…)
"Sensei?"
"Coming!"
****
The two walked on foot all their way back to Shinji's complex. By the time they arrived, beautiful stars lined the skies as the moonlight bathed their skins.
"Oh yeah. I totally forgot to ask you something!"
Shinji says as they go up the staircase since the elevator was under maintenance.
"What is it Sensei?"
"How is your father been doing?"
"Haha! He's been doing fine and healthy Sensei! Moreso now that I finally put my rebellious days behind! Our family relationship was already mended by the time I started my second year! He finally married Bea's mother after I moved out during my first year in college too."
"Damn really? They wasted no time fooling around them."
"Haha! Fooling around is pretty much all they ever do! These two been just as lovey-dovey as always despite their age gap! Bea and I are expecting two half-sisters by winter!"
"Really?! Dude really went ham soon as you two gave them A-Ok huh? Maybe I send them a late congratulatory gift them."
"Maybe you should go out for a drink with him sometime. I'm sure he has a lot to thank you for. But not before you take me for one first!"
"Still hung up on that huh?"
"Of cour-Shit! I almost forgot to give you this! Here ya go Sensei!" Lena scrambles to pick up an old looking glass bottle from her purse and hands it over to him. Shinji tries to read the faded label on it:
"Pixie's…blood?"
"I assure you the quality is one of the best and taste just the you like it! I sent Hide on a small errand to get this for me since I couldn't place a order for one online!"
"I appreciate it. Bet this will taste great with some meat skewers!"
"That reminds me. that Bea didn't have the chance before since she was keeping me a secret from you Sensei. But, she wanted say thank you for the man that helped her stepsister change for the better. You are the reason the two of us were able to grow closer as a family."
The two then stop moving once they are in front of his doorway.
"Okay! That's all for the night! Hope you call my for 'escort' service again soon Sensei!"
"Oi! Don't shout misleading stuff like that around here! I already have enough problems on my plate!"
Suddenly Lena expressions clouded as they became just as serious as before.
"One last thing. Could you…show me your back Sensei?"
"Sorry. But I don't do those kind of services."
"Please Sensei." He tried to crack a joke but Lena eyes showed him how serious she was about it.
"Fine…"
Shinjirou reluctantly pulls up his shirt and faces his back towards her.
Lena eyes moisten as she touches his scar with her fingertips and whispers to herself:
"It really is you…"
"O-Oi!
Shinji suddenly feel arms wrapping around him and for a brief moment something warm trailing down his back. Once Lena pulled back and the teacher was facing her front again. She had a flustered face as she chuckled:
"Ahaha…Sorry Sensei! I did it without thinking! It just that it didn't hit me it's the same old 'Demon Teacher' until I saw this."
"If I may. Who else did you thought that had spent the whole day with you?" The teacher muses.
"…Sensei."
"Yes?"
"Regardless of what happened with me and Nozomi-San. The sole motivator for my entire career ever since the disbandment of my old gang and that arson were the promise we made together."
"You mean…"
"The one that once I felt that contributed enough for society to make up for what I did and became a responsible adult. Just keep watching me. I will make that happen very soon. Blushing Maiden is about close a huge deal overseas and most of that money will go towards several charities and drug addiction treatment programs. Including funding research for the 'Maroon Dust' we almost set loose in the streets again...until someone had dismantled them."
"…"
"You had lost so much because of me. Even now I barely can give anything in return for what you sacrificed other than my gratitude. Fulfilling the promise we made back then is all I can do for you now...and then…maybe I could...I mean...we…"
*HOOONNNKKK!*
*TTHUNNKKK!*
Right as she is about to whispers the last part the entire neighborhood lights up as a car honk loudly as possible and crashes against a tree by the building's playground.
"Alright! Who's the funny man thought planting a tree in the middle of the parking lot was a good idea?!"
"The parking lot is on the opposite side of the building you moron‼!"
A familiar shirtless old man is arguing against a nearby pedestrian who almost got run over.
"Ops! There's my ride! AHAHAH! Thanks for spending the day with me Sensei!" She beams a radiant smile before skipping her way to the car.
"He-Hey!"
Soon as they left. Calm silence returned to the building's mood.
"Sigh…."
Once he closed the door behind him. Shinjirou leans against it and slides over to the floor. He strongly bites into his thumb and presses against his thumbing chest with his other hand. A little red in the face and strongly annoyed.
(Dammit Daisy! I can totally handle all sorts of advances from women! But, showing me an innocent smile like that without a care in the world isn't fair! That's bad for my heart! It reminds me of…Ugh. I need a stiff drink after this…and maybe a shower too.) Shinji renounced himself in shame.
"Oh? Its just Belgrim? Where's Usami-Kun?"
"Bunnyboy stayed behind to inspect the Gleipnir on Fen-Fen's neck. I'm also loaded since I won our little bet. Setsuna easily passed swimmingly just as you predicted!"
"I see…" The former Valkyrie leans against her seat and stares at the glittering sky.
(Things are about to get very fun in and out of Arcadia…fufufu…)
*****
The next day Monday. Back at classroom 1-D.
"Sigh…" Setsuna sighs as her eyes are full of circles as she stares at the skies by her window seat.
"Damn. You look like wreck." Aika answers as she pats the cat merrily napping inside her desk.
"Ugh. Thanks. Can't believe it took me way past midnight to finally hit that annoying bird…"
"At least you passed both tests and made history! I don't think anyone ever actually choose to take both at the same time before and got herself approved!"
"Whatever. I'm dead tired and haven't recharged yet. Wake me up when Sensei gets here..."
*Thud!* Setsuna head immediately slams the desk right after she says that and closes her eyes.
(…Am I only one sensing some sort of déjà vu here?)
A few minutes later. Shinji enters the classroom and started checking the student roster for attendance.
"Alright! Calamity Panties!"
"Right O! Captain Underboob!"
Most of the classroom giggles at the teacher and transfer student usual comedic routine. Aika just looks at it disappointed.
"Alright! Next up is…"
*slams!*
"Huff...Sorry! I'm late!"
Whispers ran amok the in class.
"You know that handsome guy?"
"Never heard or seen him before…"
"He looks cool…"
A boy nobody in the class recognized stood in front of the doorway panting and sweating. He was slim, had green hair, wore a pair of glasses, piercings and had his school blazer fully unbuttoned.
"Heh. You're late…You have once chance to explain yourself or you'll wait until the next period outside."
The teacher may have sounded harsh but some noticed he was actually grinning.
"I was up all night studying how to 'improve' myself for my first impression."
"I see…what did that entailed?"
"Lots of optical framing, magic and a bit elbow grease."
"What are they talking about?"
"No idea…" The students behind Aika whispers with each other.
"Ya know? I kinda expected you to show up controlling a robot to the classroom over the comfort of your room."
"Don't worry Sensei! In front of you is the real deal! Anyone with a 'keen' eye will see past that. Besides, I considered doing that too but stopped at the last moment."
"Oh! Really? Why is that?"
"A certain very stubborn person I know taught me long ago that Men don't go back on their word."
"Did he? Heh! Sekihara Sei!"
"Present!"
"HUH?!" Aika eyes jumps out after hearing his name as the boy bows.
"There's empty seat right to Spee-I mean, Bink-San right over there. Now I'm bored of doing attendance so let's keep it short shall we?"
"Psh! Hey!"
Bink pokes the new student shoulder and hands him a crumpled piece of paper as Shinji resumes to the roster.
{I'll be blunt. Sensei told me about you! I'm sure we will become great friends! I promise not abandon you and will introduce you to some of my pals…}
Sei takes a glance at Bink's face and he kindly smiles in return. He then reads the last part of the paper which left him with mixed feelings.
{By the way. If you need talk in private or help with something just press the button under your desk. It will signal me by activating my collar and electrocute me. Don't be afraid to press that button if needed…I mean it!}
"Hey there! Did you have wondered what it would be like to work as a model? No? Then maybe taking some photograp-"
"How many times do I have to warn you tell against scouting students for talent in broad daylight again Master? The way you also phrase these things could seriously damage our reputation…"
"Cr-Crap! Here's my business card! Call me anytime if you're interested!"
Not having to worry about doing it in secret like she always used to do until a week ago. Lena showed up by the school gates before she is being chased by her bunny-eared butler.
"…Is this weird school really going to be okay?"
"Beats me…"
"ZZZZ….wait Sensei...not here...I am not...ZZZZ...."
Sei asks Aika sitting behind him. Setsuna was still fast asleep and drooling all over her desk.
*Click!*
Bink took a photo with his phone and sent to his group chat between Yozo and Akira. She later beaten Bink into a bloody pulp and hanged him high up the school flagpost. It took until the entire period to end before Shinjirou noticed the strange moans echoing down the halls and brought him back down...

0