Intermittent Dangers
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Riiiinnnggg‼!*

"…Alrighty everyone! That should cover for this last period! Self-study is now in session! No talking unless it's about the upcoming midterms that's right around the corner! The library is free to use too! Oh! But no hiding between bookshelves to make out alright? Bwahahaha!"

A portion of the class leaves the classroom while others huddle their desks together to study soon as the teacher was done talking.

(I can't believe it's going to be a month since this Pig joined Arcadia already…)

"Uhm. Sensei. I've been having trouble with the last literature class…"

"Really? You of all people Set-Chan?!"

"Yea. Would you mind giving me a few pointers…maybe after school?"

Setsuna asks in a hushed seductive voice as she blushes fervently with baby doll-eyes.

(Setsuna started to be even more assertive too…if such thing is even possible…Cannot believe she became a Magical Girl like me too.)

"I actually had something to do today…but I can't say just no when you make that sad face can I? I'll just run a little late then!"

"Thanks! Sensei!"

"Mind if I tag along? I still have to catch up with all the material I've missed skipping out."

Sei steps in and asks with Bink strolling right behind him.

"Me too! Ah! But I forgot my notebook in Ai-Chan's-Blegh!"

"Let anyone know you been living at my place and I'll tie you up on a bullet train."

Aika pulls him by the necktie and speaks in a very low and aggressive tone.

"Don't threaten me with a good time missy. You're only giving me a reason to do it…thanks for the new bed by the way…"

He answers with sarcastic grin while struggling to breathe.

"Nobody invited the two hellspawned stooges."

(Guess she still haven't forgiven me for attacking them…not that I can't really blame her…)

"Now now Set-Chan! I can't be playing favorites! Anyone interested in learning from me is welcomed with open arms!"

"Gr‼"

She glared so hard it could bore a hole through Sei's skull. As if saying 'You're an annoyance' with her eyes.

"How are you even keeping this facade again? I thought the reason you didn't wanted to leave your room was because you couldn't find a way change back."

"…Turns out I was looking at things the wrong way. Like I mentioned back in Arcadia. I mixed modern technology to canalize Mana in a safe harmless way and powerful illusions to warp people's perspective about me."

"I got to admit. It's impressive that you managed to make something like that. In a single night no less."

"It was so simple that I actually felt stupid for not realizing it sooner. Perhaps I was unconsciously avoiding finding an answer and just wanted to justify feeling bad for myself. I don't know."

"I'm couldn't have been prouder for you Sei."

Sei blushes a bit in embarrassment from his teacher compliment and looks the other way while scratching his chin.

"Anyway. I still have to be careful because people highly attuned with mana by nature still can see through this disguise. They will still see me in my true form but without the ugly goblin-esque features though. That was the hardest part."

"Hmph! You're just lucky Agnicia-Sama accepted the Pig's request and assigned you to the Artifact R&D team."

"Look. I already said I'm very sorry for attacking you two. I won't tell yall to be comfortable around me right away but at if we are going to work together can you two least drop the animosity altogether? Let me prove to you I can be a man that you can trust. Please."

Sei bows in front of Setsuna looking as sincere as he could. The girls looked at each other and nodded

"No." They answered in total unison.

"Set-Chan."

The teacher gently chops her on the head with the spine of a textbook.

"Fine! But only because Sensei asked!"

Sei's gave a wide smile in response to her resignation.

"Perfect! I promise you won't come to regre-"

"AKIRA-CHAN‼ PLEASE JUST GIVE ME A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME BEFORE USAMI-KUN FINDS ME‼"

A shout echoes across the hallway alongside the loud sound of footsteps.

"I'm sorry Lena-San but my answer is still going to be no!"

"PLEAAASEE! Think of it as returning the favor for all the years I took care of you and your sister!"

"What is going on here?"

Shinji stepped out of the classroom and stopped the two from running further down the hallway.

"Uncle- I mean Sensei!"

"What you doing here Daisy?"

"Ahahaha…Nothing. I was just politely asking for a bit of your nephew's time."

Akira hides behind his uncle back and points at her.

"Lena-san insists that she wants me to model for her agency after I graduate!"

"You would make the perfect model for my new summer collection!"

Akira glances around suspiciously and then whisper within their earshot.

"…You do remember I am a boy right?"

"Nothing a jockstrap and makeup can't solve! People already think you're cute as heck! Most of my young models are put to shame in comparison to you!"

"That doesn't make me feel any better!"

"Hold on a moment here. I've been hearing for years there was this crazy chick scouting some of our students about working for her but I always came back empty handed whenever I investigated since my brother told me drop it. You're telling me the culprit is none other than you?"

"Crazy?! I would prefer if they called me ambitious or something..."

"Look. You two are bothering the people who wants to study. I appreciate it if you two took this outside or better yet. You respected Aki reservations about this. If he doesn't want it, he won't do it. Deal with it."

"Uncle…"

"…Just curious though. How much we talking about it here?"

"Eh?"

"…Nine digits plus bonuses. Minimum."

Shinjirou slowly turns his head towards his nephew and grinned as he wraps his arm around his shoulder.

"…You would need to learn how to walk in a catwalk wearing heels. I'll ask for the Drama Club for some props and teach you all about it later."

"Uncle!"

"Relax! I'm just joshing with ya! Bwahahaha! Your father wouldn't let me hear the end of it if I made things worse!"

"You should try to say that without the obvious '$' signs on your eyes. How would you know about fashion stuff like this anyway?"

Aika and the rest of the group stepped out of the classroom decided to chime in.

"Nee-Chan! Bink-San! Sei-San!"

"What? Have I never mentioned one of my biggest dreams is being the judge for a bikini contest?"

"That's the dumbest thing I've heard you say all day."

"Correction. The dumbest thing you heard it YET. I am a bit of overachiever after all. Bwahahaha‼"

"Oh! Mornin everyone!"

"Hm? Lena-San? What are you doing here?"

Sei approached her casually and asked surprised.

"So it was true that you joined us! Long time no see Sei-Chan!"

"Yeah...I figured Agnicia-San was your sister given her real name but it's still kinda shocking to be honest…"

"You two know each other?"

"His mother is one of my biggest shareholders! I sometimes have private meetings with her over some tea from time to time!"

"…She also used to secretly consult me about her cyber security in the past. I almost became her tech manager for a bit before I got tired of it and appointed her an actual expert for that."

"You helped us a ton! Usami-Kun himself admitted that most of the holes in our system is completely covered thanks to that software you gave him!"

"That? That was just something I've developed when I was still six that I did on a whim though."

(No wonder he managed to topple me and Setsuna in the nationals…sometimes.)

"Speaking of the devil…"

"Master! You better not be bothering Akira-Sama again!"

Usami suddenly appeared mixed with the group without none but Shinji noticing his presence.

"Crap! My knees aren't ready for another five-hour long lecture!"

Lena tried to run but was stopped by her butler who cut her escape route off and pulls by her suit's collar as he adjusts his glasses with his free hand.

"…Is what I would like to say. But, that can wait for another time. I just received word that our finance director decided to retire and asking to be let go."

Lena stops in her tracks, turned her head at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Morisawa-San? Really? So suddenly? He was just as workaholic as I am and still had a few years left in him before retiring."

"He apparently wished to have more time to spend with his grandchildren. Mr. Morisawa suggested his assistant, Kyle Burzes to replace him. He's a bit young but certainly does have the experience as this report shows."

Usami hands her what appears to be like a clipboard pertaining to his profile and job history. Lena's eyes move side to side as she reads it all in flash

"But still. He didn't even bother to discuss with us first? It's a bit weird. I guess we should go back and get this all sorted out soon as we can. Before investors starts asking questions and our stocks starts drop…and we still have that huge meeting about the overseas branch too…Sigh…I'm getting tired just from thinking about it."

"That would be the wisest. Moronic Bear already has the car ready."

"We better go before he runs over a student then! Sounds like this will be all for today everyone! Bye-Bye! Think carefully about your future too Akira!"

"Excuse us…"

Right after Usami bows before everyone. Lena had already disappeared just as fast she showed up. Akira sighed in relief.

"Sigh. Saved by the bell…"

"Hahaha‼ You really should learn how to stand up for yourself Akira-Chan!"

Bink pats his friend on the back.

"But seriously. Modelling? Maybe you should consider it for a bit. It might help decide about your future Akira-San. It's not like you have any plans for it based on what we spoke together last time."

"Easy for you to say Sei-San. You have a lot of options paved out for you and you're just a first year!"

"Guess that is true. But I decided the one who decides my own future is me. Even if I commit a mistake. I promised that I'll never come to regret it. No one else will take that away from me again."

"…I didn't expect you to mature this much in a single week. Your gonna make this teacher cry Sei-Sei…"

Shinji mumbles teary eyed as he blows his nose on a tissue.

"Hm…Maybe I should try my hand at modelling once I get slimmer..."

(Ah. That's right. I forgot Aki-Nii can see through Sei's disguise…)

"Maybe that will help me get even more popular. I've had enough crap due to my fatass getting in the way."

"I certainly can think more than one reason why people might have disliked you so much back in St. Marise."

"Ouch!"

As if a knife stabbed in his heart. Sei recoils before Setsuna's mean comment.

"Don't be like that Set-Chan!"

(Sei-San…was enrolled in St. Marise too?)

"True. I guess I reaped what I sowed. But that still doesn't make any less true that people in general suck and that obviously didn't help instigate more-"

"YOUR WEIGHT IS NOT TO BLAME!"

Overcome by his own thoughts. Akira suddenly raised his voice so high that it surprised everyone. Even some of the students and teachers in class poked their heads out to check out what the scream was about.

"Ah!"

Shocking even Akira himself, who covered his mouth by reflex.

"S-Sorry everyone! I just remembered I'm the one in charge of the club target practice for today! Ex-Excuse me‼"

Akira bows as rapidly as he could and escapes the rather tense atmosphere.

"Akira-Chan! Wait-"

"Leave him be Speedo."

"But Sensei!"

"There's some times when a man wants to be left alone. Akira-Chan knows he can count on us whenever he needs it. It's…complicated."

"…"

Bink noticed that Shinji wasn't the only one passive about this. Setsuna and Aika also had their heads casted downwards as well.

"…"

(I don't really get what is going on. But, could someone or something come salvage the situation? You could cut the tension here with a knife!)

"Ah! There you guys are! Hello everyone‼!"

"Ah! No running in the halls Ayumu-Chan!

As if answering his prayers. A certain little girl comes dashing down the hallway with her black cat in her arms. Behind her was a teacher catching up completely short of breath, her breast swayed at every direction at once.

"Mother?"

"Good morning Ayumu-Chan, Makoto-Sensei! What're you two doing here?"

"Nyaaa…" Bink asks while he strokes Kuro's chin as he purrs.

"Sensei forgot his wallet back home so I came to give it back to him! I didn't expect this place to be so huge!"

(What in the world was this girl doing in Sensei's apartment this early in the morning? Maybe I should consider treating her a rival as well…)

"Setsuna. Your thoughts are showing on your face…"

Aika gently poked on her friends strained face.

"I…I thought she was a lost child at first…hah…so I decided to help…we looked around the whole…ugh…"

Makoto rests her hands on her knees as she still breathless.

"When I was about to get discouraged and about to cry she showed up and soothed me! Makoto-Sensei showed the places while talking with me!"

"I just wished…you slowed down a bit. I get tired easily…"

(Gee Mom. I wonder why?)

Aika asked herself as she glared at the bounciness of her mother's chest.

"Ai. Your thoughts are showing on your face..."

Setsuna poked her back in the same gest.

"You're so cool and beautiful…I want to be just like you when I grow up Sensei!" Ayumu embraces the ragged breathing woman's waist. Her little head disappears bellow the mounds in her valley.

"Ahahaha…I wish I could be as energetic as you..."

Makoto gently pats on her head.

"Ahhh…The last time I felt this comfortable was when I used Sensei's belly as a pillow…"

While Bink and Aika tried to pull Setsuna away from Ayumu before she leapt at her in a murderous envious fit. Sei tried to distract the other two from it

"…You girls are looking were Sensei? He's right behind –hm? Where did he go?"

Everyone was looking around them but Shinjirou was nowhere to be found.

"…"

Once she calmed down. Setsuna stared at the air vent's flimsy grate above them.

"…If you two want. I can give it to back to him next time I see him."

"Would you? I imagine Shin would walk all the way to his apartment once he realized he forgot his commuter pass. Thanks Setsuna-San!"

"Don't mention it."

(…Sensei has a commuter pass? Since when? He always took the long around...)

"You worry too much about a scumbag like him Mom!"

"Ahaha. I've been hearing that quite often lately…"

Despite the usual cheerful tone in her voice. Everyone but Aika noticed the sadness in Makoto's face.

As if she swooped in to brighten the mood a second time. Ayumu comes to the rescue and hugs Makoto again.

"…Hey. Makoto-Sensei? Can I and Kuro stay a bit more and play with you?"

"…I guess self-study is still in session so I don't see why not."

"YAAY‼! Can everyone come over and play too? I would love to play house with-"

*Pi! Pi! Pi*

The stopwatch on Setsuna's shirt pocket began to ring.

Nyamo and Fenrir is looking at them from up a tree by the window outside.

Aika and everyone else looked at each other and nodded. The animal pair them dashed towards the gym.

"Sorry! Something urgent just came up!"

"Ehhh?!"

"I promise to play horsie with you next time Ayumu-Chan!"

Bink apologetically bows as everyone makes their escape.

"We're leaving school a bit early Mom! The Pig can explain it later."

"I promise to hand him his wallet once I find him!"

"Wait up you guys! I can't just allow four of our students to suddenly ditch-Hey!"

Before Makoto was able to stop them. The four already had scattered. They meet up in the gym storage room and uses Setsuna's new whistle to open a gate to Arcadia.

****

"There you all are! I was waiting for ten-Achoo!"

Shinji is the first one to greet everyone by the warp gate. Completely drenched and shivering with cold.

"Sensei?! What happened to you nya?!"

"…I got lost on the ventilation shaft. Somehow ended up on the school's water system."

"How did you-never mind. I don't even wanna know."

"I'll go ask for a towel and spare clothes from one of the seniors."

"There's no need Sei. We should see what the Agi-Chan's call is all about first. I'll just dry myself up as we make our way there."

Shinji hands Sei his coat and removes his soggy shirt. He then twists it to rinse some of the water off.

"Blugh!" Setsuna's face goes red and her nostrils immediately gushes out a torrent of blood once she sees Shinji half naked torso.

"Ex-Excuse me! Can someone bring us a towel-nay! Two towels! Nya!"

Bink and Nyamo waves his hands (paws?) at the Magical Girls keeping watch by the portal.

"…" Fenrir stares at the situation with a disappointed face.

"Idiots…" Aika rests her face against her palm as she says that.

****

Once everyone stood in front of the Valkyrie Quarters.

"Huh? The door is locked."

Shinji twists on the doorknob but it wouldn't budge.

"…Maybe you should knock?"

"Nah. I got a better idea! Speedo! Would mind coming with me for a sec?"

"Uhm. Sure Sensei!"

The two then proceeds to leave the building circle around the building.

(What in the world are those two idiots doing?)

Three minutes later…

"Wassup! Agi-Chan! Did you call for a pizza delive-woah!"

"GYAA‼!"

Their voices could be heard from the other side of the door followed by Bink's wailing screams. The door then opens with Crow greeting the rest of them.

"There you guys are. Please come in."

"What's with the getup?"

Sei points at his clothes. Crow was holding a pickaxe and wearing a tank and jeans, leather gloves and hard hat on his head. He was all dusty and covered in black smudges.

"I was busy working on a coal mine when I got the call. Didn't had the time to change clothes."

"I-I see…Funny how Sensei said something similar when we got here…"

"Sigh…Just how many times do I have to punish you until you learn how to knock?"

Agnicia was sitting on top of Yale… who in turn was sitting on top of the two trespassers.

"But I totally DID this tim-Gyeh!"

The two puts even more of their weight on top of them.

"On the front door! NOT the damn window! Why is it so hard for you to enter like a normal person?!"

"Ahhh…." Bink face looked in total bliss while crushed beneath the goat's gargantuan weight.

"Morning Agnicia-Sama."

"Hey you two. Sigh. I'll let today slide. But next time I'm using the full armor to squash the both of you."

Agnicia gets off them and sits on her chair. She then snaps her fingers and her marble table began to stretch itself until it becomes 'U' shaped. A runic circle also glows and chairs are summoned into place out thin air.

"We have a lot to discuss so please sit everyone. You too Sensei."

"Ouch…Okay…"

He waddles his towards the free chair while rubbing his back.

Once he does. The mood on the turned serious. Crow closed the curtains and summons a map of the entire city from his palm and enlarges it until stands center into the room.

"We would like to ask to all of you to investigate the abnormal increasing cases of violence in the city."

"That sounds a bit too broad. Is there anything we should be looking out for specifically?"

Agnicia turns her head towards Crow and nods. Soon as she did, he conjures a small portal and a strange vial falls upon his hands.

"…I found someone carrying this while on a hunting down a cult yesterday."

He presents the contents inside the tightly sealed vial. It was a dark reddish sand-like substance inside.

"Th-That's! It can't be!"

Shinji eyes went wide as he slams his hands against the table.

"!"

Bink too bit his tongue in surprise.

"We verified with my sister just to make sure Sensei. It is indeed Maroon Dust."

"…I see."

"Maroon Dust? What's that?"

Aika curiously asks as she raises her hand.

"…It's a highly addictive and very dangerous substance that heightens the user's instincts and strength at the cost of their sanity. A single whiff is enough to drive one crazy and have withdrawal symptoms by the next day. Studies also shows that extended use also makes the user gain a taste for blood and drives them into a frenzy until they become mindless bloodthirsty beasts."

"…" Shinji sat back in his chair with an aggravated look.

"Question." Sei raises his hand.

"Go ahead."

"I understand that they are very harmful but shouldn't this sort of problem be handled by the police?"

"I usually woulnd't agree with you but he has point."

Setsuna also adds in.

"…After some very delicate research yesterday. I can safely confirm it is of demonic origins. That makes this 'our' problem from now on too."

"I see…of course that blasted thing has demonic ties to it. No wonder one couldn't get rid of it no matter much it took…"

Shinji muttered under his breath.

"We still do not know where or even how they are being reproduced yet."

"We marked some pointers on this map where we would like each of you to investigate. These are possible points where they might be being smuggled across the city based on our surveillance cameras and word of mouth on the street. If anything goes wrong, contact us immediately via Mind Mail. Remember we are dealing with regular people in the element so avoid fighting unless completely necessary."

"You two aren't coming?"

Setsuna asked.

"…As much as we would like to. Things are about to get very busy with college exams on our hands. We need as much time as possible to prepare ourselves for it. If something does happen, we intended to drop everything to help out but only as a last resort."

Shinji gets up soon as Agnicia was done speaking. His expression was darkened.

"…I already memorized the markers. I'm going on ahead to investigate."

"I understand. Please be careful. We do not know where the enemy might be hiding."

"…Yeah."

"Sensei wait!"

*Blam!*

He closes the door behind him without looking back once.

"What happened to Sensei? He almost seemed like a completely different person…"

"...Maroon dust kind of have a history between us. Can't blame the man for being a little too obsessed with it."

Lena voice appears from the wide-screen monitor behind her sister.

"Nee-Sama/Lena-Sama!"

"Yahoo! Sorry it took this long for me to show up! Things in the office are a bit hectic at the moment. I wanted to join this meeting as well. But looks like I got a bit too late…"

"…"

Bink remained in his seat unlike everyone else.

"…Out of curiosity. Is there any cure against that drug?"

Lena shook her head in response to Sei's question.

"...There is no known cure currently. They stain one so deeply that it ingrains their very souls. Corrupting it from inside out. It would take a miracle to remove it."

"I see…"

"However, there IS one person who I had heard that managed to somehow overcame the addiction out of sheer willpower and had a regular life. Well, Regular in the loosest way possible I guess. He's a mob boss now."

Setsuna tilts her head to the side as she crossed her arms.

"Hm? Are you talking about Ai's-"

"Ops! Maybe I said a little too much! Drinking with Sasori-San must been rubbing off on me it seems hahaha!"

"…"

"Look. I'm not who should be telling any of you about this. Ask Sensei or Akito-San for more details if you want to-Actually, don't. They won't be too happy about that. Pretend this conversation never happened."

"But!"

As if to take control of the situation. Agnicia stands in a commanding tone.

"Bink-San! Sei-San! I assigning you two together on this mission. Do not disappoint us."

"Yes Ma'am!"

"What about us?"

"…I would like for the four of you two to catch up with Sensei and join his investigation."

Lena intervened.

"Yes Ma'am!"

"I was already going to do that even if you told me not to…"

"Let's go Nyamo!"

"Right behind you nya!"

Once everyone else had left. Agnicia turns towards her sister.

"…Is there any particular reason why you sent them after Sensei?"

"I'm doing this for his own good. He won't be able to go on a rampage if those two are nearby."

"Didn't sounded like he was in the mood to listen."

"I know. But, they'll keep him in check just in case. In sure he won't let them come to harm."

"…You're looking more cautious than usual about this..."

"I'm just hoping that I'm wrong but I can't help but have a really bad feeling about all this…"

Lena stares at the 'Arson of Dock 17th' article on her desk as she says that…

*****

"…" Shinji blankly stares at his phone dials before pressing 'call'.

"Hello? Yozo-boy? Yea, it's me! Listen, something very urgent came up and I might have to cancel our plans for today! I'm really sorry to do this when you are about have exams but I promise to make up for it tomorrow! Thanks!"

He then ends the call and his faked smile turned upside down as he makes

another call.

"…"

"Tsunaboshi. How may I help you?"

A low-toned voice answers.

"Hey Lil bro! How's it going?"

"Br-Brother! Not much. It's very rare for you to call!"

"I just wanted to hear my little brother's voice…and say I'm sorry in advance."

"…What are you talking about?"

"I just learned that today's weather might a bit prone for some 'red rain'. Quite sad isn't it?"

"H-How did you-…No. I understand. I was hoping to get solved this before you found out about it though."

"…You already knew?"

As if measuring his words carefully. Mr. Tsun continued.

"…Yeah. It began circulating last month and things have spiraled out of control since then. I already consulted with several other factions and 'incentivized' them not to deal with that thing again. Even reminded them that's its bad for everyone's business if they incur our father's wrath in case nothing gets done about it and the 'Crimson King of the Underworld' decides to descend from the mountains to purge the problem himself. Including amongst ourselves. Most of them were very quick to comply once I did."

"Well. If the carrot clearly wasn't enough for some. Then it's time to beat them with the stick. They'll regret not listening to you sooner…"

"Do what you must. I'll take full responsibility. But please be careful Brother. I don't think mine or Mako's heart can take another 'incident' like last time."

"…Don't worry. I know. Ah! Could you tell our old man a convenient excuse when he hears about this too?

"…You know he will more than likely find out sooner or later if you start kicking doors down right?"

"I'm well aware. But, for all intent and purposes. I'm acting out on my own and not as a Tsunaboshi. Thanks for the concern."

"…Brother?"

"Yes?"

"Promise you'll be careful and won't lose sight of yourself. Neither me or Father will forgive anyone who make our girls cry...even if that person is you."

"…I promise. See ya tomorrow."

"Yea…"

Hanging on his call Shinji puts back his phone and lights a cigar. He then glares at the skies with a determined look. Memories of his dark past swirls around his head.

"This time I'll make sure the damn thing is buried for good…"

****

"Okay. This is the first spot on the map. You ready Bink?

"Never been readier!"

"One! Two and…"

*Clank!*

Sei lifts the shutter open halfway and cautiously take a look inside.

"Too dark…but I don't feel any presence inside either."

"Think it's okay to just barge in?"

"This is probably just one place where they stash the stuff safely or make some quick deal. I think."

"If you say so Sei."

The two then enter the mysterious storage and closes the shutter behind them.

"Being careful just to make sure. Stay close. Don't split up."

Sei begins to search around the first set of cardboard boxes he sees while Bink watches over his back.

"Okay. This place is eerily quiet though…"

"Yea…I don't like it either…"

"…Sei. If you do find some dust. Be extra cautious about how you handle it. Even us demon aren't fully immune to its effects."

"Got it."

"…"

Perhaps in an attempt to distract themselves from the anxiety. Sei starts talking while rummaging through the boxes:

"By the way, there's something I wanted you."

"Y-Yes?"

""Is Setsuna-San always like that? Like I mean…"

"Oh! Around Sensei? Kind of. Apparently she's always been like this since her and Ai-Chan were still kids."

"So my rival is none other than Sensei. Huh. Talk about tough competition…"

"Oh? Now that's unexpected! Getting her attention won't be easy but let me know if there something I can do too!"

"Thanks! What about you though? Any romantic interest in anyone?"

"Me? Nah. I might like the way they step on me but the girls in our little group are a bit scary if you asked me!"

"I think you just said something way scarier…"

*Clank!*

"I guess someone my type would be like-Hm? Did you hear that?"

Bink moves towards the shelves set behind them.

"Oi! I told you to stick together!"

"Is someone there? Hm? But you are-"

*Smack!*

"Gwah!"

*Bam!*

Bink is suddenly sent flying and crashes against a wall.

"Bink!"

Before Sei was able to summon his 'Sloth Machine' or even get up. A shadow quickly moved through the darkness and ambushed him.

"Shi-"

****

Meanwhile…

Shinji is walking on an abandoned street staring at his phone GPS.

"…Okay. This is the second spot Agi and Edgy pointed out."

He stops in front of a very dilapidated building, hugging on corner from the other side of the street..

"No one is on the lookout outside. Probably just amateurs trying to make some quick buck…Can't quite rule out the chance of them carrying the dust yet though."

He slowly and carefully approaches the building walls, places his ear against to it and closes his eyes.

(Footsteps…laughter…beer cans…car engine…I hear six…no. Seven different voices. There's one coming from above. Probably on the rooftop…)

Shinji raises his head, squint his eyes and makes out the shape of someone leaning against the building's ledge.

(Smoke…Must've sneaked off and 'testing' some of the merchandise. Probably high as a kite if he didn't saw me coming closer in broad daylight. Very likely odds this is just some stupid teens then.)

He then peeks his head out a broken window just enough for him to go unnoticed.

"…"

Taking note of his surroundings one last time. Shinjirou picks up a pebble and locks his eyes on a drum barrel a few feet away from the boys gathering in the center, huddled against a car holding no license plate.

"Okay. I'm going in. Ei!"

Shinji throws the pebble with perfect pinpoint accuracy and blinding speeds. Hitting a bunch drum barrel tucked away in the opposite side of the building outside.

*Thunk! Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!*

The pebble rebounded into another barrel repeatedly before it fell over, causing a loud noise to echo inside the building.

"What was that?!"

All of them boys got up jittery and rushed to towards the source. Once they vacated the premises. Shinji stealthily approached the vehicle and opened its trunk.

Inside were a couple of bags and suitcases.

(Now let's what we are dealing with he-)

"Ugh. What the hell was all that noise?! Gimme break you guys! This hangover is killing m-Huh?"

A boy rubbing his eyes suddenly opened the car's door and as soon as he left. Him and Shinjirou were staring at each other eye-to-eye.

"Hey! Who the hell are you?!"

(Crap! There was someone still inside the car!)

The boy quickly reaches for his back pocket and turns his head away for a moment.

"Shit! Forgot Kijo-San has our only gun…"

He glances around and picks up a rusty pipe that scattered nearby and points at Shinji's head.

"No funny moves or I'll break your skull!"

The boy proceeds to whistle with his other hand. His pipe still pointed at Shinji's head.

"…"

Shinji slowly reached towards a glass shard right next to him as he looked and then fixed his gaze at the boy's bare neck.

"!"

As if snapping from a trance. Shinji immediately let go of the glass and put his hands on his knees instead as if meditating. The rest of the group outside returns at the same time. All of them carrying some sort of weapon.

"What's going on?!"

"We have an uninvited visitor snooping around our stuff!"

One of teens in a pompadour glares at the kneeling teacher and pulls him by the shirt.

"Fess up! You a cop or something?"

Shinji quickly waves his arms in front of him.

"N-No! This is just a huge misunderstanding!"

""Really? How so?"

"That-that's right! I-I'm one of your buyers!"

"Don't fuck with us! Why would you try sneak if that was case?!"

Shinji shrugs and smirks.

"C'mon! The place was completely unguarded and yall are a bunch of greenhorns! If you could cut the cost between your dealer and the middle man, wouldn't you do the same?"

"You-"

One of them boys steps forwards about to throw a punch but the long haired one stands in his way and effortlessly blocked his fist.

"Kijo-San!"

"…Since you were bluntly honest. I'm sure we can let this little 'accident' go and pretend it didn't happen…if you quadruple our price."

"You the ringleader?".

"Yea. You can either afford it or we can beat you up to a bloody pulp for trying to make a fool out of us. Your choice."

"Deal! I knew yall would be a reasonable bunch! We could come to an agreement!"

The ringleader stares at his peers and they all lower their weapons at the same time.

"I honestly thought this whole business reeked anyways. Dino. Go pick 'that' up."

"Y-Yes!"

One of the boys hurriedly goes to the car and picks up a suitcase. The leader

"…This is the first part of the deal. Five SMGs, two assault rifles and a backpack full of ammo. The rest of the 'stuff' is on the other backpacks."

"May I?"

Shinji points at the one of guns.

"…Go ahead."

The man named Kijo lights a blunt as he carefully watches Shinji's hands.

Shinji then takes a glance at every nook and cranny.

"Wow! They have no tags and are totally brandless too! I'm sure that must have been hard to make and carry it around town!"

"…Which is why dealers prefer to use young blood like us nowadays. Easier to convince the naïve and the law is more lenient against them if they do get caught."

"…If I may. You sound a lot smarter and mature than the others here."

"…I have been doing stuff like this since I was six. You either grow a brain or pick between living in misery or die in the streets."

"I see…"

(Those eyes reminds me of my stupid younger self…)

Shinji tightens the grip on his pants and his lips move before he is able to stop himself.

"Say…I never had the chance to learn for your dealer's name."

"…There must been a reason if they didn't."

He deflects the question.

"'They' huh? You even made sure not to give their gender away. I must apologize for underestimating the youth these days. Color me impressed!"

"…Mind if we go back to our business here? I just want to hurry and get this over with."

"C'mon! Just tell me who your dealer is! I'm already paying four times what we agreed already! We are all friends here!"

"…"

"I'm sure that it'll be worth your interest."

"Fine…Its Darts."

"Ah! Darts-San! That bloke is still alive and kicking then huh?"

"I assume you know what he is capable of then?"

"Very much so…"

Shinji then pauses for moment before continuing the conversation.

"Say. What if someone offered you and your little gang work on a more legal and less dangerous sort of 'business', would you think? No need to keep making money doing shady stuff like this."

"…Even if we could. I'm too far gone. Darts doesn't take stragglers kindly either to say the least."

"If that's what you're worried about. That's not a problem. Just ask him to set up a meeting with 'Mr. Tsun'. If he asks why. Tell him 'Demon Teacher' asked him this favor. I'm sure his wife will be more than happy to hear you out if you do-"

Kijo suddenly cuts Shinji off and points his pistol at his head.

"…I don't remember mentioning he's married. The buyer description he gave us was supposed to be someone wearing lime pants."

"…"

Shinji stares at the barrel of the gun between his eyes.

"I was only playing along because I wanted to hear what you had to say because something about you caught my interest and I was bored."

One of the thug's sneaks behind Shinji and brandishes a switchblade against his neck as well.

"You trying to look down on us motherfucker?!"

"…I guess you won't be kindly considering my offer then?"

Kijo pulls on the gun's chamber and removes the safety off his gun as he puts away his joint.

"A nobody suddenly comes to the riffraff offering salvation with no strings attached. What do you think? I might be young but I'm not stupid enough to believe you. Besides I owe Dart's a favor too."

"…"

"You got a death wish fatso? How can you stand so calm when there's so many of us?"

"…Sigh. Here I was trying to play nice guy and thought you were smarter than this. Let me add you a little correction to your statement kiddo."

"Hm?"

As if trying to make a point. Shinji grins at the man behind him like a madman as he leans his head to the side a bit. Allowing the blade's tip to graze at his neck. A bit of his blood starting to drip to his chest and stains his shirt.

"...Why do you all sound so confident when there's so few of you? I'm not on a good mood myself ya know?"

"Bastard! Die!"

*Bang! Bang! Bang!*

"Gyah!"

Gunshots was fired but all the noise shortly falls silent after a quiet yelp.

A few minutes later. Almost all of the boys inside disperse like a pack of rats. All of them hurt one way or another. The first one to come out was black eyed and missing several teeth. The second had scorch marks on his hands and was limping. The third had a couple of broken fingers and so on.

*BLAM‼*

"Hiih!!"

The last one to come out was the long haired one covered in blood with Shinji hoisting him by the neck as he kicks down the front door and blows it far away.

Kijo's feet were inches away from the ground. Shinji then squeezes his neck tighter and proceeds to stare at him deep in the eye.

"I better not catch any of you doing crap like this ever again! Or else you're gonna WISH the police finds you first!"

"Ahh…"

His calm composure was gone and his eyes were no longer had that apathetic look. He was in tears and so shaken that we were unable to form proper sentences let alone beg for mercy. 'Kijo' even pissed his pants.

"Did.I.Made.Myself.Clear?!"

"Ah..."

"ANSWER ME!"

Shinji's eyes were blinking between red and its normal colors as he pried an answer out of the scarred witless boy.

"Y-Y-Y-Yes‼!"

"...Good."

Shinji then lets him go as Kijo falls on his knees while he struggled for air.

"One more thing. Tell Darts-San I sent my regards."

"Aaa...AAHHHH‼!"

He then proceeded to run away desperately like his life depended on it.

Biting his lip. Shinji ignores him and goes back inside. He rummages through the other bags in the car but found nothing of what he had expected.

"Just some weed and a bunch narcotics. The guns were probably the main meat here. No dice here either then... Rarrghh‼ Fuck!"

In an outburst of anger. Shinji casts lighting at the bags. Vaporizing them to dust. He then kicks the car  and smashes its headlight into pieces.

"Nya! There you are Sensei!"

Nyamo, Fenrir and the girls comes out running at him.

"We finally caught up to you! Was that a gunshot?!"

Shinji covered the upper half of his face with his hand and took a deep breath to calm himself before asking as his eyes goes back to its original color:

"...Girls? What are you all doing here?"

"What do you think Pig? This mission is of importance for us too!. We were looking all over for you ever since you stormed out!"

Setsuna stares at  the fresh cut on his neck.

"Oh my god Sensei! Are you hurt?!"

She pulls a handkerchief and tries to approach him to treat the wound.

"!"

As if deflecting himself from her. Shinji backed away from Setsuna. Not allowing her to get closer.

"...I'm alright Set-Chan. Or I'm going to be at least. Seriously. Why did you two followed me?! This area is no playground! Can you imagine how mad and worried your parents are going be if they found out?!"

Setsuna recoiled behind Shinji's stern reprimand but Aika stood her ground.

"Zip it Pig! We were going to come one way or another since the places Agnicia-Sama aren't exactly safe either. We came fully aware of what we should expect!"

"Look. I really don't have the time to babysit y-"

*Bzzztt‼*

Shinji's phone interrupts their conversation.

(A text from…Sei?)

Once he opens its screen. His eyes widened in shock.

"Nyaa!!"

"Sorry you two! I'm borrowing Kittypaws for a bit! Do not follow me and go home already!"

"Hey! Wait! I'm not done her-HEY‼ Will you ever listen to anyone you godamned swine?!

Shinji suddenly picks up Nyamo and disappears once he turned the corner.

The message in Shinji's phone flashed in his mind as he jumps over from building to building.

{Sensei! We are in the gym and in serious trouble! Please hel-}

The rest of the message was cut off and sent it like that.

"Tch!"

Shinji clicked his tongue in frustration as he sped up…

*****

Half an hour later. Shinji managed to come back to school grounds and stood in front of the familiar building he so frequently spends his time in.

"Sensei…"

"Don't worry Kittypaws. I noticed it already."

Shinji stood in front of the door. Even from outside you could notice something was wrong here. There wasn't a single soul in the school. Everything inside was completely dark, time felt like it flowed differently ever since Shinji went up the hill and there was this ominous killing intent behind the door in front of him.

"…This is most likely a trap nya."

"I know. But the possibility of Sei being held hostage doesn't give us much of a choice does it? We should merge right now just in case. I doubt the girls listened to me. Setsuna is probably tracking me by the smell as we speak. Let's just hurry and end this as quickly as possible."

"…Okay."

Shinji immediately opens the door soon as him and Nyamo fuse together.

The deep darkness didn't allow him to see a single step ahead of him. Nonetheless, Shinji entered without any hesitation.

"Trying to get someone by surprise only works if you managed to rein in the huge obvious murderous intent! Show yourself!

"…"

Despite his warning. Silence filled the room.

"What did you do to my precious student?!"

*BLAM‼*

The door behind Shinji suddenly closes in force and several chains suddenly ties themselves against the door.

"…Here I was thinking my urge to kill was being considerably held down."

A voice echoed inside the building.

"…No matter. You will pay for what you have done to my friend!"

"Shine thy light in the road towards fate! Illuminat-"

(Sensei look out!)

Before Shinji was able to chant the spell onto his wand and Nyamo heed her warning. Something incredibly huge in size plunged out of the shadows and flew towards Shinji faster than he could react.

*****

"...You managed to convince Karasu to take your night shifts?"

Agnicia asks without looking away from her notes.

"Yeah. It wasn't easy but I promised to let fool around in my form for an hour or two if we manage to get a good score on our essay."

"…It has been an awhile since it's just the two of us in here…"

"Yeah. I almost forgot how quiet it can get in here."

"...It's one of these moments where Sensei would come barging in and stir things up."

"You almost sound like you are expecting him."

"Aren't you?"

"You're grinning a bit Bea."

"So are you Hide."

"Maybe we should ask him to help us out with all this material. I can't wrap my head around it all..."

"Sis did told us he sounds a completely different when he's teaching..."

"…"

A few minutes as they continued studying and making notes. Crow takes some time considering and poses a question:

"Listen. I know it's not our place to intrude and your sister is certainly not going to be happy with me talking about this. But don't you think we should explain a bit more about the circumstances between her and Sensei-"

A portal suddenly opens on the ceiling, cutting Crow's conversation short.

*Thunk!*

Something falls out of the portal and crashes against the center marble table.

Agnicia and Crow quickly readied themselves for combat…until all had the dust cleared away.

"…Bink-San? How did you get in here?!"

What fell through the hole was none than a very injured Bink. Carrying an unconscious wounded Sei on his shoulder.

"What are in the world are those injuries?! Just what happened to you t-"

Bink cuts her off as he gasped for air.

"Ahh…ahhh…No…time…to explain. Can you…reach Sensei?"

Noticing the seriousness in his otherwise usually carefree expressions. Crow puts his index finger on his forehead and closed his eyes.

"…Strange. The mind mail system isn't working for some reason. Did someone jam the signal?"

"Neither him or the girls are picking up their phones either."

The look on Bink's face becomes more aggravated.

"Ours…got stolen. This is…bad! Really bad!"

"Don't move around so much. You're hurt! I'm going to call someone to treat your-"

Bink grabs her arm before Agnicia is able to leave the room. His motions reflected the panic in his eyes.

"You two…don't understand! The one…who…gahh…ambushed us…is really…really strong! Sensei and the girls…are in danger!"

0