Genesis: Wicked Wiccan Verse 1
64 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since the incident we cause, in a whole week, the world had started to shift. The red portal of doom now omnipresent in the sky, releasing mysterious creatures by the seconds. 

The usually beautiful sky had turned red, marking a difference in the usal atmosphere. As I bowed my head won in despair, I looked at my phone screen, consumed by own toughts.On the home screen on TubeTube, my recommandations were filled to the brim with videos talking about our current situation. From one guy purposedly making money off the gravity of the situations trough his not so subtle thumnails to the one who said this was meant this was meant to be a test of our faith.

The mere fact of putting a foot on the outside had become pretty much unsafe, as you were only asking for those weird creatures from above  to be their plaything at this point. 

One word I could use to describe such ebings would be monsters.

The unknown had slowly made its descent into our world onto our world. Devouring the world of man in the process.

Some adventurous did try to go outside, only for them to be riped to pieces by what looked like a giant bird with wings made out of fire.

The government in their so called act of protecting the population, offered a shelter to each city.

However, my mother had never been deceived by their so called kind words meant to reassure us. As this city was the source of a lot of crimes and misdeeds, we never recieved one. Such goes the heart of those who are in power.

" Heisenberg, I've been searching for you everywhere", said a voice closing in.

Cut a voice trough my own toughts, a familiar voice.

This dead tone in the voice, those blonde hair, those teinted glasses. There was no way I could have ever been mistaken. It was Allison, no doubt. The same dead look from our first encounters plastered on her eyes, never taking a leave. 

Did this girl ever felt a single emotion? Was she only capable of making the same expression everyday?

This girl was waving at me,in front of the barrier of my house,as if the world was still processing it's usual course. Like she was visiting an old friend in a normal context. First of all, I could never become friends with someone like here. We only decided to work together to fix our mistakes. Under normal circonsates, I may have contiued to entertain conversations with this horrible personn.

In the first place, who even wished for everyone to dies?

Once again snapping out of my inner self, I wondered how she managed to even get here without being attacked once. How did she even get out of her house without being targeted a single time? It couldn't have been possible, right?

As I carefully analyzed her body from head to toe, I never manged to find a single scratch.

" Can you change into that weird armor at will?"

I asked, curious if it was the shining armour that got her the safety she needed.

" No. To be honest, I actually have no idea what the hell happened to me at the time."

To be fair, thinking about it, neither of us had any idea how and why this armour appeared.

Unsure of if I shoudl go further about her knightly appearance from before, I just continued on with what she had come here for.I directed her to the main building of my house. My house was composed of five infrastructures ,all connected to each other, that pertained to the shrine aesthetic. My mom was very axed on the culture of our people, wanting to express it even trough architectural structures.

" Are you some kind of monk,peraphs?"

This remark reminded managed to remind me of her the kind of character she was. A self centered and detached  egoist, unable to see past her little bubble. How troublesome may her life had been to end up in such position. Clearly hating herself and everything around her. Even with our newfound supposed bond, if I could ever call it that, doubt still lingered in my mind.

Does she even sees me as a friend, an acquaintance, a personn she consider taking in mind?

" I'm not a monk."

I responded, hiding my concerns.

For a second, she seemed to wander into her mind, as if that comment invoked peculiar memories within . Truly, Allison was a mystery from start to finish .

" That's good. I really,truly hate all that religious stuff."

" Well, they aren't all bad.  While God wanted to deprive his children of knowledge, his supposed malice gifted it to us. My people swear an oath to the great one in order to receive blessings."

She took a deep breath before giving her insight on my comment. Looking at me like I was utter trash, her two eyebrow raised up so high, I felt like they could reach the sky.

" You have a few screw loose,don't you, Heisenberg ? If that is even your real name."

" You're the last personn I wanna hear that from."

She stopped in her tracks, once again looking at me, resisting the urge to laugh. 

"Sorry, I meant Heisenberg, witch extraordinaire."

"God, you're so annoying."

I raised my fist, almost ready to strike it into her annoying face. 

Alas, I knew better. I chose to be the better personn and not retaliate with violcnce.

"Allison, don't you feel anything?"

Assuming back her serious demeanor, she observed trough a cold stare, worse even than if she was looking at trash. 

" Feelings don't matter in this world. The only emotions that derive from truth are the sheer feelings of despair and sadness. "

Once again, she had come out with a claim without any subtance or explanation. Why was she ever like this? My mood could go lower and lower just by talkig to this personn.

As we took another step, a familiar presence waited for us. Fully prepared in front of the door. On her shoulder, a black cat took footing and jumped to join the spot.

"Why is Cat Seith outside,mom?"

I asked my mom, the individual in question, without ever getting a response.

Running faster than our eyes could process, the cat left her shoulder, leaving only a black trail behind. Appearing in fron of Allison in a matter of seconds. It's piercing eyes casting judgment on her.

Similar to the cat, my mother, her back apposed unto the main door, looked as tough it was me she was exercising judgment on.

" I told you to not temper with phenomenons you don't understand. I know you're responsible for that portal, young girl."

Compeled to talk back agaisnt that accusation, I claimed my right to answer .

" You're the one who doesn't understand! All my life, I tought witchcraft was an artifice. Convincing myself i'm a real witch by wearing this stupid hat!"

In a fit of rage, my hand moved, in an attempt to throw the hat onto the ground.

" Sorcery has nothing to do with this ridiculous hat."

In the end, I was unable to let go of the things I cherished. Grasping my hat tighly with my two hands. Mother eyes quivered, unsure of how to handle me. 

" Lila, magic makes use of vital energy. You aren't fully a witch, you're an half-breed. Half-breed have a tendency to tear down their resources faster than a pure blood witch. In the end, if you use magic, you'll die young." 

" I don't get a single word of what you're talking about."

" Try to understand. I'm a mother. Of course,I wouldn't want my kid to die chasing after it's dreams. Death is worth no dream of yours." 

"Wait, you can't be serious. You're not making up all this crap about being a witch?"

Expressed Allison, suprise to hear such bold claims. Her layers of irony were too thin for me, the emre fact a ritual opened  portal in the sky proving they were things she couldn't understand in this world. However, ath the moment, I wasnt interested in what she had to say, I only wanted to defy my mother.

I don't care it it kills me, I don't care if im shunned for it, I don't care if it makes me weird. I want to use magic.

" I don't care ! I want to perform sorcery!"

Immediately, she kicked up the broom in her delicate hands into the sky and assumed a fighting stance. Pointing the cleaning object at me after it fell back right where it was before. Manipluating the object like there was strings connecting it to her fingers.

" Fine. If you want so bad to defy what I say,come at me. I won't hold back even if you're my kid." 

Her white flew up as a strong gust of wind envelopped the area.

" Lila, I'd appreciate some help over here..."

Behind me, Allison was drowning in a pool of her own blood,the cat licking it's paw.Mocking her. Fighting agaisnt the coldness of her body, she tried to reach out to me. Gradually moving her right hand closer to me, trying to grasp at what her blurry vision could interpret.

It was unforgivable, the first personn I ever made a semblance of connection with, she took it from me,right in front of my eyes.

Complusions from inside urged me to act out my revenge. Taking out the "grimoire" I had stolen from her room.

" That accursed book..."

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!"

Even with this newfoud confidence in my fury, I soon realised the gaping hole between her abilities and mine. A gigantic blast ray swarming out of mother hand. Remiding me I was weak, no doubt. Erasing out of existence the various houses that had the bad luck of being in the vincinity. 

It was the first time I witnessed true magic. A sight so frightening it froze my whole body, unable to move again.

" What would you have done if there were people in here ?"

"Still thinking about others ? Did you see where that led you? Trusting the next personn with such ritual. I can see the dark aura this personn is emanating. Nothing good could ever come out of them. Someone with such vile karma has nothing but bad intentions."

"How do you know about the ritual?"

I shouted in suprise.

A cristal ball flew toward me, rewinding my encounter with Allison, up until this point.

" Don't make me repeat myself. I am a mother. Since you're a troublesome child who doesn't listen to their mother, I make it a point to observe you in permanence."

She raised two fingers, imitating a gun, web shooting out of her fingernails.

" re_d_i_p_s"

Bracing for impact, i tried to protect myself by raising both my arms. Closing my eyes in the full wait of the sticky projectile.Alas, nothing ever went my way.Feeling a sort of heat on my wrist, I reopened my eyes. A vision I had saw before replicated before me.

Allison, defying all logic, had risen up from the dead, cutting the web with her eccentric sword. 

"You."

"A-Allison,?"

"Oh, you're Lila. You have no idea of I wanted to take over to talk to you!"

This wasn't the Allsion I knew, where had her disinterest in my being went.Quite confused, my body moved on it's own, trying to verify if I wasn't in the next life, pinching y cheeks.

There was no way in hell I could accept what I witnessed, as her body was still sitting cold out on he floor. Paradoxically standing up there, defending me.

She managed to startle my mother for a moment, before she calmed herself and assessed the situation.

" That cross shape int your eyes. I have no doubt. I tought that power was lost in time. Death of the ego, Alter Ego. The ability to freely merge soul and ego. Capable of even defying death."

Now that she mentioned it, she did have rather weird cross shaped patterns in her eyes in that peculiar form.

The new Allison commenced to jump around in the same spot.

" Besides, I hate how she throw that sword around like a dumbass."

Commented my mother about the use she made of her weapon of choice.

" Allison? Are you okay,"

Finally, she lowered her two legs, rising up the sword behind her back.

"I've never been better! By the way, don't..."

Rapidly, she closed the distance between mother and her. Shortening her reaction time.

" Ever call me Allison! I'm Alecta!"

Mother countered that weird itteration of Allison by blocking with her broom her relentless assault.

" You're rather physically strong, ghost of the self."

She put her palm on Allison stomach and pushed her unto the distance.

"However, strenght can only get you so far. I have years of experience battling those creatures in the sky and people like you."

I opened the grimoire, searching for a way to support Allison, before the cat stole it from my hand.

" That book is dangerous, i'll be taking it back."

Mother said, pulling the object to her trough some invisible force.

My weakness was unbearable, as I was forced to observe Allison struggle without being ble to offer a single shred of help.

 

 

 

0