Chapter 3: Building A Nation
231 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: This should have been released earlier if not for the side effect of the vaccine I took, anyway I'm better now, so tomorrow I will be giving you readers information of United Pacific's assets both in naval, aerial, and ground, I will not be releasing it's exact numbers except for the navy and some assets of the air force, anyway, I must WARN you all, this chapter contains disturbing content, so you should think twice before proceeding, that is all for today, I got more than 500 views! Thank you for all of the support!

March 25, 2030, New Arc.

A couple of weeks after the arrival of the colony, Governor Edward and the rest of the Pacific Colony's officials have suggested establishing an official government, a nation.

However there were mixed feelings and opinions amongst the officials, first, they lack information regarding this place, they don't even know if a country already owned New Arc.

The colony parliament held a meeting, it was to vote whether they will establish a formal nation or remain as people who banded together and formed a colony, military officials, department heads, civilian representatives, and the rest of government officials voted, in the end, almost everyone was in favor of building a new nation, the majority of those who voted no were old politicians who are afraid of getting kicked out of their positions, corrupt and abusive ones since new laws will be made and the once rules that implemented in the colony will be revised and remove if necessary.

After the vote session, another meeting was held, this time it was to create the new country's official name, head of government, and military officials, only small changes were conducted for the military, by removing abusive and corrupt ones, however in the government, many were accused and guilty of corruption, almost everyone was removed from their positions and got imprisoned, with the department head, military, navy, air force, and almost everyone's support, Edward remained in his position, this time not as the governor but as the President.

Many names were suggested for the country's name, some want it to be named as United Earthlings, or simply Earth, some suggested The New United States of America which many opposed since the colony consists of different nationalities such as Canadians, Mexicans, Australians, Japanese, Europeans, and Southeast Asians like Filipinos and Indonesians.

In the end, one name was chosen, The United Republic of Pacific or simply the United Pacific.

===

Dante Huntsman was busy cleaning the deck of UPS Washington, a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier that once serve the United States Navy and is now newly commissioned as one of the assets of the United Pacific Navy.

"Hey! Are you done yet there, Dante!?" One of his shipmates asked.

"Not yet! The soil already hardened so I need to use a lot of water first!", Yes, you heard that right, a Nimitz-class, one of the most powerful carriers out there was used during the crisis, not for naval uses, but a fucking farm.

Since the water level increased and there was no more land except for some icebergs and floating cities, farmlands were no more, therefore the colony has an idea, there will turn aircraft carriers into farms since it has no use yet, only burns their already dwindling oil, many navies officials and personal was frustrated, however, a crumbling stomach of theirs forced them to give it up since it will feed everyone, every morning they wake, and their beloved aircraft carriers as farms were daily torture to them when they finally found a land where there are two moons and unknown constellation, an order from the new government for the navy to clean aircraft carriers and commission them, the navy hastily obeyed the order, finally, their torture ended.

Dante sees some personnel transporting some F35s and F16s, Gripens and other classes of fighters, they were getting cleaned and inspected, Dante overheard his superiors that a newly built airport was made, it was small and to be rebuilt after the industrial sector is finished, some fighters, transports, and helicopters are to be transferred in the airbase, but what caught Dante's attention was an A10 Thunderbolt, a flying beast that makes a terrifying BRRRTTTT sound, his father always tell him stories regarding his campaign in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan, in his stories he always told him how the Warthog decimate his enemies into minced meat, Dante let out a smile, remembering his deceased father.

===

With a population of more than 1.3 million, the government of the United Pacific was busy building new homes for their people, most houses are made of wood and recently made cement, many engineers, architects, and other professionals helped to make designs, construction of sturdy homes for the populace, fortunately, the people are cooperative and volunteered for the massive project, no one was reluctant to help since they are building where they were going to live. 

The design of the city is similar to a 1900s Paris, in the center of the city is a large government building with a design similar to Russia's Winter Palace, some other government offices are located in different areas to not concentrate so many people in a single area to avoid traffics and incidents.

The residential area and government offices/facilities are 60% completed, the industrial sector meanwhile is already 80% completed since the government poured more resources and manpower in building the area, some factories and facilities are already operational and manufacturing basic products and goods such as processed food, clothes, soap, medicines, materials such as metal, wires, etc, engines, tools, and electronics are being made as well, many issues are now being solved and upon completion, the government will allow companies, industries, firms, groups and individuals who invested in the project to trade with the natives after further information regarding them is gathered.

===

Since it has a similar design to the Winter Palace, it's was named then after it, many were aggravated mostly Americans, to ease their anger the Senatorial Building's design then was made similar to the White House and the Congress with an Asian design.

Former Pacific Colony Governor and now the president of The United Republic of Pacific, President Edward Van Reed, is in his new office, the Winter Palace, reading new reports regarding the development of the United Pacific.

While busy reading reports, a knock on his door caught his attention, " Enter." Edward said.

A woman, wearing a dark blue military uniform and a white skirt entered his room, "Mr.President, Secretary Schwartz is here." The woman stated.

"Understood, please tell him to enter my office," Edward replied, the woman nodded and quickly brought along the Defense Secretary Schwartz.

"Good morning Mr.Gover– err, President." Sec. Schwartz greeted.

Edward chuckled, "Please have a seat Secretary Schwartz, we're still somehow confused with recent changes." Edward then cleared his throat, "Anyway, I called you here today, for 'that' matter."

Sec. Schwartz understood Edward and composed himself and his focus, "Yes, Mr.President, the UPS Washington was cleaned and inspected thoroughly and now ready for deployment, the ship will be accompanied by two destroyers, two submarines, and three frigates, the destination is in the south 1,000 kilometers away from here, we saw a civilization to that of a medieval europe, luckily we found humans but we discovered something... More interesting I must say."

"Ho? And what is it?" Edward asked, Secretary Schwartz then flipped out a photo from his suit.

Edward picked the photo and observed it, he was a medieval city indeed on par with the 1700s ones, there are galleons with cannons who seem are military vessels, then merchants selling their products, it was a normal medieval city, but with some exception, he saw people or rather strange people with animal traits, some have horns, tails and even wings! There are also flying lizards with armored people on their backs patrolling the city, weird people with weird sticks and weird white long robes, and weird enough, with long white beards similar to Harry Potter's Professor Dumbledore. Almost everything is weird and alien.

"What the hell?" Edward said with a confused expression, "Where in the hell did we find ourselves in?" 

"That's what I would like to ask as well, anyway, there's also rather interesting in the city, look at it carefully." Sec. Schwartz said.

With that, Edward observes the photo once more, other than the creatures only found in myths and fantasy novels, he also noticed something, "... There are no slaves..." Edward mumbled but was loud enough to be heard by Sec. Schwartz.

"Exactly, it's a good sign, perhaps despite them being medieval, they have formed an effective government with good policies, the people in the photo are happy and enjoying their lives, but of course, we can't assume all of it after only observing one of their city and on-air, not in the inside, who knows what kind of secret they hid behind those." 

Edward nods, "Yeah, so they're still at a medieval level on technology, it won't be a surprise seeing slaves and other things, but I have seen men in flashy clothing, strangely they have almost the same design as the French military during the Napoleonic Wars, they seem to wield muskets."

"That's right, as for the next topic... It's very concerning... Regarding our north, just watch this feed caught by our recon drones... I must advise you it has very disturbing content." Secretary Schwartz warned as he handed a tablet to Edward.

Edward grabbed the tablet and pressed the play button, it shows in the video a city, it has an impressive architecture despite being primitive, the people living in the city are not humans or any other creatures he saw, this time, the populace has pointy ears and almost all of them are good looking, just like in the fairy tales, they are elves, like the other city in the south, they also have similar technology but more advance, all of their military uses muskets wearing a red military uniform similar to red coats of the British Empire.

Then suddenly, the elves began to form a crowd, in the center of the city, there's a small stage where figures crucified on a log, the figures were... Humans, the elves began throwing rocks, insults, and everything their hands held, their loud voices can be heard.

"Plague!"

"Filthy inferiors!"

"All humans must die!" Different hate speeches, discrimination are being thrown at them, then a man wearing a fancy red military uniform with various medals on his chest boasts an aura of authority.

"Gentleelves! Yesterday night, some rats snuck their way into the mansion of our lord, Count Leopord! They tried to kill him, fortunately, the count's daughter, Lady Elena with her powerful magic, caught the rats in the mansion, we were surprised to discover that the ones responsible are the damned humans! Slaves who tried to disobey and kill their master! Their actions are unforgivable! During their times in prison, these rats are tortured in every way, and now, we will give them mercy by relieving them from pain! Lady Elena, if you may."

A beautiful woman with white hair, purple eyes, and white dress armor then moved forward, she raised her hand and pointed it towards the pitiful humans on the log, she muttered unknown words then a magical circle formed, a fireball, a very large one manifested, she let out the fireball towards the crucified humans, the flames engulfed the humans as they scream from pain, their skin is turning into charcoal and their flesh is being cooked resulting in a nasty smell.

It did not stop there, the elven people then who posses humans started to torture their human slaves on the spot, some even raped human children, instead of stopping them, the eleven people were even delighted and admired the slaves who torture the humans.

"Jesus..." Edward muttered, he was shocked, frustrated, and saddened by the display of the elves, he gulped in worry knowing that those monsters in sheep's skin are only more than 300 kilometers away north from them.

The video finally ended as the drone RTB back, Edward was also worried about the existence of something fictional, which is magic, the woman in the video just formed a large ball of flame out of nowhere.

Secretary Schwartz spoke again, "Beside the feed you watched, there are other videos of elves doing wicked, horrible, and painful things on humans, the elves seem to hold a grudge against humans that they want a crusade to exterminate every single one of them... Including us." Edward raised his eyebrows hearing what Secretary Schwartz said, he's the elves are an imminent threat.

Edward sighed and spoke, "Those... Are evil itself, they are Nazis, perhaps worst."

"Indeed, Mr.President, we must—"

"I know, I will not allow those Nazi elves to get their hands on our people, I will be stationing troops somewhere near the mountain range to scout the area, in case of something unexpected happen."

"Is there anything else, Sec? Schwartz?"

Secretary Schwartz shook his head, "There's nothing else Mr.President, I will be preparing the men to be sent in the future operation then."

"Alright, I'll see you later then." Secretary Schwartz then left the office of Edward after giving his farewells.

Edward lazily sat on his chair, "I don't have a good feeling about this."

===

After his defeat, he was exiled once and for all to a certain island, where he died some years later, he cursed the incompetence of his officers and the environment during the battle, but he was also to blame for his overall defeat, his men are exhausted, hungry and sick with the continues campaign conquest, after his death, he was prepared to meet his fate, when he died, he was surprised to find himself in a place with all darkness around him, a small dim light on his front, he reached the light with his hands, the light seem to be moving away from him but he ran and reached it with all his might, he finally opened his eyes.

I'm alive?... He thought he survived his surroundings, he saw a woman, a beautiful blonde woman with emerald eyes, he looked on his hands and was surprised, instead of a hand of an adult man, it was that of a child, a newly born specifically, where he finally understood what happened, it was considered as heresy during his time in his empire, but now, it happened to him, he was reincarnated!

Did God give me a second chance? To remake my mistakes and sins? Those thoughts float in his mind, he was reluctant but now, knowing that God gives him the second chance, he will rebuild his glorious empire and once again rules the continent!

8