N Chapter 5 : To Err is humane
3.1k 3 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

N Chapter 5
: To Err is humane

 

 

[Claude POV]

 

Whoa, North God style as the finisher? That’s nasty...

I can see the gap between Intermediate and Peak Advance sword mastery by watching the battle. As expected of someone that can use all 3 styles, that’s amazing.

"As expected of my master. To attack someone using a handle, and from a distance also! That’s amazing. This Claude is amazed! " I said while clapping aloud and seeing that he was handing Rudeus to Ghislaine to make today’s event end.

"Sigh... Having a smart son is harder than I thought.... Paul sighed.

"Yeah, you need to be a smart parent to have one... Have you ever seen a child create a spell on their own? Aside from me, of course! "

Paul just looks at me and shakes his head. Well, I’ve developed a beginner's spell only. It’s more of a modification. Actually, I not something else like what Rudy did.

"Zenith, is this really yours and Paul’s kid?" Ghislaine looks at them, doubting Paul’s legitimacy as the father.

"Hey, that’s rude," Zenith said, while Paul laughed awkwardly.

Yep, I’d never believed that Paul would have a son this smart. Knowing him...

Oh well, I hand a small envelope to Ghislaine and pat the unconscious Rudeus’ head.

"Leave them to me, well... take care."

A new spell, huh?

No, it’s a new type of spell. A new category!

What a novel defensive type, barrier magic!

I should implement this to an item, and then the other can have another type of defense in an emergency.

The deadline will be in 3 years…

As he sighed, the other adult looked at him in confusion.

"What? Is it that weird for me to know what Paul would do? Though I disagree with his method of operation, I will not interfere with other people's decisions. It’s not like I’m his father... " I said while pointing at Paul.

Whew, I feel like my IQ was belittled here... I know that I already know the future, but, knowing Paul for all these years, I can see that he’s already planned this for some months. I suddenly had a tendency to brag as the 3rd person memories entered my brain, different from the other 2 memories, this one seems to be narcisstic.

"Let’s say I already know Rudeus's dependency on Sylphy as she was his first friend and disciple. He must have been feeling lonely somehow, knowing that his first master was a female and she had already left for some time. Well, unlike you all‘smart’ adults. This kid here is delicate and knows psychology better than you guys... So I expect he and Sylphy will create some misunderstanding... "

I take a small breath, and seeing the puzzled expression. Look at me, I am smart! This is the trait of my 3rd memories, I don’t know why I’d even do this. But, it seems this is one of the thing I need to do for now, and I continue.

"Well, Luffy had the same trait as Rudy... Luffy is actually that lonely, you see... I don’t really want to have a ‘good’ relationship with a green-haired kid because you guys know better than me, and the villagers had the same idea as we do. Then, the only one she feels close to is Rudy, so she definitely will want to have Rudy by herself all along. "

"Anyway, since I already know the reasons above, it won’t be weird to conclude that Paul will do something to fix his son's mind and call someone from outside. Thus, looking at the stripper there and knowing that someone as queer as her would definitely be an adventurer or a former adventurer will tell me that he’s Paul's friend or ex... or both? " definitely both.

"Which means, Rudeus will be deported somewhere to save his mind from being dependent on Sylphy… Well, I believe there are more ways than this one, but I will not intervene in other people's family situations unless I am asked. "

They are staring at me wide-eyed, with a mouth that is slightly gaping.

What? Is having an 8-year old have good deduction ability really that odd?

Well, it sure is. I won't be able to deduce anything without my memories. As of now, I'm not sure which memory I have, but I do know that several people's memories have been jumbled into one at this point.

"I’m lying... Heck, you guys sure are gullible... "

I already knew it from the anime and novel. Of course, I’m not a psychological master or something like that. just a Ph.D. in psychology. Or, well, one of the memories tells me that I am one.

"Shut your gaping mouth, and you can deal with the trouble Sylphy causes later… anyway, I’ve given my letter to Rudy and marked the brand of the carriage… see you later, folks, and have a safe trip stripper lady," I said while walking away, and waved towards them.

..

.

[Ghislaine POV]

It took some time for me to awaken from the stupor. I always thought that boy was brilliant, but not this brilliant.

This judgment that even a king can lack was seen in an 8-year old kid. What a fantastic sight to behold!

Imagine if a toddler suddenly created a new spell...

Wait, Paul’s kid just did that...

What the hell is wrong with this village’s children? Are there more kids like this, or are both just an abnormality?

Sigh..

"You sure have a smart disciple… Paul...."

"Ah… ahhh... He’s a quirky one indeed...."

"Then, I’ll take this one away." I said, as I walked the unscious kid with me and bade them farewell, "See you again, guys."

"Of course, take care..." Paul answered me and added, "Rudy, too, please."

"Ghislaine, please take care of our Rudy." Zenith said while Lilia bowed.

..

[Rudeus POV]

The last thing I remember was the sudden attack that D*mn Paul sent to me, and when I opened my eyes, I can see the tails swinging in front of me.

I’m glad that it was a wooden sword. Also, I’d be injured if a metal handle hit my head that hard.

"Darn Paul, what the hell did you do?"

I said while patting my forehead. I can feel the bump there...

"Pleased to meet you. I am Rudeus Greyrat. "

"Considering that you are Paul’s son, you’re polite."

"Aah...."

I confusedly stared at her.

"I’m Ghislaine. I look forward to working with you starting tomorrow. "

"Well, thank you… I’m pleased to work with you. "

….

Well, what happened?

As I looked at the window, I could see that Buena Village was already out of reach. I doubt I can run away there. It’s not like Paul will let me back since he’s done this already.

Ah, Sylphy... I’ll miss you...

"Umm, Miss Ghislaine..."

"Just call me Ghislaine. There’s no need to add Miss. Read it," she said, while throwing 2 envelopes at me.

As I opened the letter, I could read Paul’s writing.

"To my beloved son, Rudeus.

You can let that muscle doll tell you everything. I’d like to say that, but even her brain is filled with muscles, so I guess she won’t be able to explain it well. "

I read them aloud, and then Ghislaine was madly shouting, "What did he say?"

"P, please sit down, Ghislaine. That’s just a joke. "

"I see."

"Let’s get to the point. I found you a job. You’ll be working as a tutor for a 9-year-old lady living in Roa. Is this about what I asked before? Then why’d he knocked me out? "That person there is the bodyguard and swordsmanship teacher of the household. She said that she’d like to learn something from you in return for you teaching her swords. Try not to laugh at her and say, "Even your brain is made of muscles." What are you talking about? "

Ghislaine then unsheathed her sword while "What did you say?" she angrily asked.

"But she is a sword king. Nobody could be fitter than her as a swordsmanship teacher. I guarantee her skill. Your father hasn’t even won against her once, except in bed. " Stop writing useless things, you moron!

Ghislaine then snorted with a "fu."

That guy really is popular with women...

"From now on until you turn 12, which is 5 years, you’ll be teaching reading, writing, arithmetic, and simple magic in that household. You’re not allowed to write a letter or go home during that time. Because I felt like you were dependent on Sylphy too much, I’ve decided that it’s not good for either of you. "

You’ve done it now, Paul...

"By working, earning money, and living an independent life, I look forward to you becoming a more wonderful person.

From your great father Paul, who’s full of intelligence. "

What intelligence do you have? sigh

"Paul loves you, huh."

I can only shrug off her statement and read the continuation of the letter.

"PS, I don’t care about the lady, but that muscle doll is mine, so keep your hands away from her." He said

"Hum, let’s send that letter back to Zenith."

"Understood"

Then, let’s read the other letter...

"By the way, who’s this from?" I asked this while opening the second letter.

"It’s from your friend, Claude."

Huh, why’d he give it to me?

I'm curious about what he wrote...

 

______________________________________________

[Edited 09/29/2022]

Thank you for reading! Like it?
Support me Here

P-treon/eternalfortune

Thank you for being my patron!

!! Read every chapter for 1$ only! Limited spot, grab it fast!!

 

Pay-pal dot me / FortuneEternal

 

2 free chapter in my site Fortuneeternal.com, Read faster with only 1€ as my Patr-on either in my site or Patr site!

______________________________________________

97