E3.5 Chapter 10 : Barrier
2.6k 4 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

E3.5 Chapter 10
: Barrier

 

 

[Claude POV]

It’s incredible, a new usage of the spell.

Combining the lightning strengthening spell with my sword’s mastery enables me to attack her with more speed, as the momentum I use can damage Ghislaine.

Or so I thought...

She blocked the attack and flew herself back to reduce the momentum of my sword.

So this is the Sword King, Ghislaine Dedoldia.

"Amazing! Try my other magic now. Time Square! "

Why would I forget about it? What’s my reason for hiding my capabilities in the first place?

Unleash it!

Unleash them all and get stronger!

 

..

.

[N POV]

It’s like how a Coke suddenly burst when the cap was opened.

Claude’s mana suddenly grew, the mana bursting towards the surrounding area.

It’s the first time Rudeus has seen something like this. Even Ghislaine had never had this kind of experience.

Mana Burst.

A rare occurrence in which bottled-up Mana bursts out of the vessel.

It’s a rare occasion that has never occurred since the Laplace war 500 years ago.

Once a mana burst happens, the holder's potential reaches a new peak.

Which means...

rank up.

"Just an advanced rank and this is what happens? What an amusing kid... "

"Ru... Rudeus, is this something that usually happens to a mage?" Eris asked while trembling.

"I... don’t know." Rudeus then answered with a puzzled look.

He could see the materialized Mana, and the pressure it brought was not something Rudeus knew...

Even Roxy’s Mana can’t materialize like this, and she’s already a saint-ranked magician when she teaches him. Even now, he can’t create the same pressure with his own mana.

"Materialized mana... this is also possible, huh." Rudeus mumbled about the sudden information he saw using his own eyes.

"HAHAHA! This is fun! "

Claude burst out laughing unnaturally. As he did so, a fractal of seconds stopped.

Fire, water, earth, and wind magic surrounded the sword king.

"What is this?" She is surprised by the sudden elemental ball surrounding her, but she still realizes that this spell is

"Weak...." with a slash, the surrounding spell was slashed.

As the adrenaline surge stopped, Claude lost consciousness and fainted.

Getting closer to him, Ghislaine sighs and nonchalantly grabs his clothes and drags him away.

"This child's body was a wreck. Is he your disciple, Sword king? "

"Was?"

"Yes, I can see and am certain of the destruction left in his body. Several wound marks have been forcibly healed by healing magic. But this magic seems too green and has left more scars than intended. Not to mention the fact that his muscles are clearly tired... "

"I see. I thought that the twitching muscles came from Claude’s sudden mana burst.. "

"Mana burst? That’s an odd word... I believe I’ve read some of them in my late teacher’s book.. "

"Oh, you know something about it?"

"Well, it was called Mana Burst because it is an occurrence that happened because the mana inside the body burst. It occasionally happened 500 years ago to the heroes of that war.

At that time, Laplace, the magic Demon King, was the person who held the most Mana in the world. No one can beat him in that place, but the fact is... he’s someone born into that mana pool. "

"I see...."

"Then, what about those born with a lower mana pool? How can they increase their mana pool to the point where they can use spells that are beyond their ability?"

At that time, Rudeus answered, "Huh? Can’t we just increase the mana pool by training from an early age? "

The young magic teacher caught the eye of the Boreas family's smartest doctor of Roa.

"That’s something impossible since no one can learn since the day they are born. It’s never been proven and it's hard to prove... It might be possible to train it after the child reaches the age of 3, but can you make the toddler read those ‘hard to understand’ magic grimoires? Something that even adults have difficulty reading?"

"Okay, that’s true."

"There’s also some thesis from the university that says a Laplace factor can be determined within a child's body to increase the amount of pool a child has. It’s not proven yet though. Now, let’s return to our previous topic. "

"I can’t see any answer to the question you asked before, Doctor," Ghislaine said. "I’ve been an adventurer since I was young and met plenty of wizards... but none have the tale of Mana Burst. "

"I can see that, since there’s no history of mana burst in the last 500 years, as there's never been one that ever trained their mana to the limit since then."

"Which means a Mana Burst can happen once you reach your limit and overcome it."

"That’s right."

"I see."

"Hmm, that means something like this can happen again?"

"It does, but in the book I’ve read, it rarely occurs twice, nor thrice. Because once a mana burst happens, the person usually has the potential to be an emperor ranked. There’s no one that actually achieves the God rank "

"It can happen twice?"

"Yes, there’s a note that the first time it happens it lets the person reach an intermediate rank mana pool, and the second is for the person to reach a Saint Rank mana pool."

"I see, so it’s something to unleash the potential stuck, huh."

"That’s right, young instructor… however, there’s also a note where a mana burst results in the explosion of the person. "

"Wait, what?"

"Those that try to forcibly let the mana within their body burst again, they explode with their mana… something like this happen more than once, resulting in the ban of forcible Mana Burst, which resulted in their existence being forgotten until today. "

Hearing the explanation from the doctor, Rudeus can only nod while Eris and Ghislaine are lost in their discussion and can only fake their understanding with a nod.

"Well, leaving that aside... Is this really an 11-year-old body? I can see the scar from Monsters on his body… What the hell is wrong with this brat? "

"You can ask him yourself once he wakes up. It’s not like I know him... It’s my 3rd time meeting him after all. " Ghislaine said bluntly.

"He’s your childhood friend, right Rudeus?"

"My father never trained him to take care of a monster. Heck, he didn’t even let us near the forest... He must be doing it himself. "

"I got it; you guys can leave."

The trio leaves the ward and lets the doctor take care of Claude.

As he inspects the wound in Claude’s body, he understands what the young man usually did. How the fatigue of his muscles occurred and what kind of life the child usually spent.

‘What makes this child so desperate to get strong?’

..

.

[Claude POV]

I am terrified. Who the hell is this, Oldman?

When I opened my eyes, I saw an old man touching me all over my body. He tried to dissect me with his eyes and wrote something in his notes.

It took me a long time to get rid of the old man and learn what happened to me.

My body was drained. I was so exhausted that a sudden change made me faint.

The fact that my mana pool suddenly increased made my body turn off whatever I was doing to let the whole body adapt to the changes.

Hmm...

This is weird. My body rejects more changes that happen within me, huh. That’s the knowledge that I don’t know.

It might be because I haven’t finished my growing phase or something.

But, since my body's adaptation was completed faster than the doctor thought, I could already use the Advanced-grade Healing spell to fix my body, leaving the doctor to shout at me and order me to let my body be healed naturally.

The time to return to Buena village is approaching. I can't, Doc.

Since I’ve done all I wanted here, I can happily return and prepare for the teleportation incident.

It didn’t take me more than a night in the Boreas household since the day after I said goodbye to Pouting Eris, who wanted to have a spar with me.

I said my thanks to the house owner and Ghislaine.

"See you again, Rudy. I wish to see you get stronger and be a worthy match the next time we meet.. "

"Sure, I’ll be stronger than you!"

After giving him a new ring I’d prepared, and several more to the household owner and Ghislaine, Eris was included within the household owner area. I also gave one to the doctor.

Thus, I started my journey with Mike to return to the village.

 

______________________________________________

[Edited 25/06/2022]

Thank you for reading! Like it?
Support me Here

P-treon/eternalfortune

Thank you for being my patron!

!! Read every chapter for 1$ only! Limited spot, grab it fast!!

 

Pay-pal dot me / FortuneEternal

 

2 free chapter in my site Fortuneeternal.com, Read faster with only 1€ as my Patr-on either in my site or Patr site!

             

87