E Chapter 150: Devil summoner
66 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“I see, so it’s a sacrifice… Great prosthetics, I didn't even know it was fake until you told me." Lucas praised both the old man and the boy as he looked at their fake limbs.

“So, you never heard of those being called Devil and a Devil summoner?”

"Why do I need to? Are they even that much stronger than a normal demon beast to start with? I'm guessing you already know about ancient beings and those who sleep deep in the Strife Zone. I think those stupid Devils are either killing each other to get stronger or getting killed by sleeping animals or those ancient beings. How strong can those devils be, anyway?"

Lucas said this as he looked down at the Devil, who was still a mystery to them.

“Woah! What a pompous thought you just had!"

"I've seen a beast that sleeps and is also an Archaic being beat up Master Claude. It's not hard to think that there are plenty of other monsters that are stronger. I mean, no one in Arbalest can beat Master Claude in a one-on-one fight, but that thing can beat him up like he's a toy. Once you see it, you can't be proud... not to mention the unknown Dragon God, who can easily destroy a region like Fittoa in the blink of an eye just by using summoning magic..."

"Huh, now that you say it..."

"Minstrel, I thought you were the same person as Master Claude, but it looks like I was wrong. Or you just don't know enough about how the world is changing..."

"Wow, I have no idea what you meant by that..." Lynn said, trying to feign ignorance.

"I see, you had another plan besides helping the couple... I wonder why you are helping them."

Undertaker became suspicious when he talked about the mysterious Minstrel, who can appear and disappear right in front of him.

"Well, since you know nothing about the devil. We'll leave! Thank you, Undertaker, for the information!"

Lynn turned his body away so that security could surround him.

"Mr. Lucas, what do you mean by this?"

"Since when can someone leave Arbalest whenever they want?"

"That's rude. Don't you want to take care of your own business? I’ll leave quietly so, do your business”

"Minstrel, the deal is still on the table..."

"Okay, okay. You still want to get paid, even though you didn't give me the information I asked for? How stupid..."

Lynn said in a frustrated tone as he threw his arms up and looked sad.

The old man and the boy can't do anything but watch all the drama that's going on. For the boy, it's a very exciting thing that he had only heard about in the Minstrel's story. But this nest of monsters is not something the Old Man can see.

People with the same rank as him work as security, and someone who is only a quarter of his age is actually way higher than he is.

Even though he wanted to feel sad, the other person couldn't even see his shadow. So, what can the old man do but sigh?

Lucas muttered something they can't hear as he tapped his earring-like piece in his ear.

"I just got a message from C. He's in Millis right now, and we need information on the Metastasis Calamity survivors. You do know what we need to know about them, right?"

"Of course, but most of them should have died already.  Do you really want to save all of them?”

"We'll do what we can, just say the words, and the people on Millis will take care of it."

"Sure, give me ink and paper"

Lynn started to use everything he had learned from his intelligent network as soon as he got the paper. Using the stories he heard from other Minstrels and Troubadours, he put together all the missing pieces and pointed out all the nobles and suspicious places where he thought the missing survivors might have gone.

After he was done with all of them, he gave Lucas the paper.

He quickly read them and crossed out more than half of them to show he knew what they said. He couldn't help but be surprised by a few names in the paper.

“Are you sure about this?”

“What? You think religious people can’t do inhumane things?”

"Sigh... things are going to get bad..."

"I told you it would be hard,"

"Okay, I assume you know where else you can find information about the Devil summoner you mentioned. I could also ask the ancient being from Arbalest, but it would take a while. The fastest way to find out about a summoned being is to call an expert..."

"Oh, yeah... I forgot about him, but we should ask the best summoner in the world!"

"I'll go with you as a price for helping us, and I think Wyverns will get us there faster..."

***

"What is Eureka?"

Reida was confused by a new word she heard from her soon-to-be-grandson-in-law. It was a strange word to her.

"I mean, I know how to get to places faster!"

“Oh, an idea…”

"Sure, let's go to the Lapu... oops, I mean the Flying castle!"

Reida just did what her grandson told her to do.

Even though it looks close, the Dragon King's castle is quite far away from where they are now.

It's a sign of how big the castle is.

Bang!

As they got closer to the castle, they couldn't get any closer because there was a wall around it.

“Woah, as expected of a Barrier God”

"Yes, there was a wall around the castle that kept people who weren't supposed to be there from getting in. What kind mana source do they use?”

"I also want to know that this information could help us in the future and even become a way to catch the monsters that will come out of the Dungeon manifestation."

It's not easy for the wyvern to follow the castle as it flies, since the castle's speed might look slow, but it's actually a bit faster than how the wyvern usually flies. The weather is also colder than usual, which made the wyvern feel like it had to work harder to fly.

It's not easy to find ways in, but Claude had learned about barrier magic when he lived in Millis. Besides that, he could also see where people were weak.

"Oh, I see, that's how it works..."

Using his mana radar, he can tell which part of the mana pattern around him is weaker than the other.

So, Claude moved the wyvern to where they could get through.

"It's rude, but I don't know how else to get in touch with him. We don't really know how to get to the Armored Castle, so it's okay to break in, right, grandma?"

"Well, I don't think they'll kill us as soon as they see us..."

They act in a careless way.

But since they are both practitioners. They are used to being reckless, and the word "reckless" is burned into the brains of every God's title holder. Without being reckless, they wouldn't have gotten to where they are now.

"Let's gooo! Mana Drill!"

BAM!

 

 

 

___________________________________________

[ - - - ]

Thank you for reading! Like it? Support me Here

P-treon/eternalfortune

Thank you for being my patron!

20 chapter ahead on my Ptreon

Pay-pal dot me / FortuneEternal

 

__________________________________________

2