Chapter 19
58 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alarick POV

 

Before I knew it, while dazed into oblivion, a day had passed, and it seemed my pack had moved to The Misty Ice Pack.

Vaguely, I had watched a lot, seeing how my pack did as they were told and did not question Mingan’s authority at all. They had an understanding that I was going through something big and some of them even knew that it was most likely because of losing my mate but never said anything about it to me.

I saw some of their looks, as they pitied me, and I felt more alone then I had ever been in my life…

Seeing all the mated couples in my pack, only made me more depressed and I continued to let Mingan led the entirety of the pack all the way to The Misty Ice Pack, while I flounder away my sorrows.

Before I had met my mate, I had been fine and happy to have a chosen mate, to watch as they fight for me…Now, I couldn’t dream of that type of future at all…

Since I knew and met my mate, I had not ever thought of a life without her in it…

 

We were going to be together and that was it!

Never…Never did I ever imagine that I will be living a life without her…

I felt like death had taken me, as I didn’t feel right anymore. My life felt ruined, even though I knew I was still a proud and strong Alpha…It was not as important…My whole existence was on the brink of complete devastation and I now understood what it was like for those who had lost their mates.

…It was unbearable!

Being told that time will heal the wounds does not help at all! Being told that I will find another, makes me angry!

My heart had become full of only her without me noticing, how could I have another!?

As it was, I hardly knew her and look at what she had done to me!

We were perfect for each other! We were destined to be!

I knew those words were only to try and bring me out of my depression, but they did the opposite and only made me want to cringe back and cry like a little baby!

I wanted her back…I wanted her back so much that I felt like that this proud, strong Alpha would cry himself silly!

…Rieka…

 

 

Finally able to think properly after this day, but still feeling lingering pain come over me, I was able to shift back into human and take back over Mingan.

Seeing my family safe and sound helped me concentrate, yet it was all so difficult to keep my mind off the missing link that could no longer be found.

“Boss, Recco returned.” Radolph stated, coming up to me half naked…It seemed he had just gone over everyone in the pack again, linking himself to others to get them organized in this new place.

“Recco?”

Oh, that’s right, that…His link was to the south of this place when…

Frowning, now that I thought about it, why had he been there!?

For so long Recco had been acting differently, but he’d been with the pack for nearly ten years now and was out often, so I had not taken his actions into account.

He was a bit like Harou, a spy or an assassin, so I thought that was just a part of who he was, but why…Why had he been to the south of The Misty Ice Pack that day!?

 

“Alpha Alarick!”

Turning, I found the Alpha of The Misty Ice Pack and his Luna come towards us and I stood straight, “Alpha Avan.”

“Speaking to your wolf kept me on edge good friend, it seems that you have come back now though, what happened?”

Staring at him, I found him acting strange…Like he was probing me…

Swallowing, trying not to think of the desolate empty place inside my heart, I then said, “It seems more pressing matters…”

I was interrupted, which made me angry, “It isn’t a secret, as you might think. Some know it well, Alpha Alarick, what you had gone through must have been…”

Looking away from him, I tried to hold back from thinking of my mate, the pain and suffering…So what…Who cares that you know, then why bring it up and make me want to cry out for her!?

…I didn’t like him!

“I apologize, Alpha. I didn’t bring it up last time because your wolf was very professional and business like, I just wanted to state that if you need anything, let me know.”

I want my mate back! I want to find her! Can you help me with that!?

I looked back at the Alpha, asking these questions in my eyes and saw him flinch.

Uh?

Frowning, I just felt like something was completely off with this Alpha!

 

As Alpha Avan and I had a strange stare going on, the earth suddenly moved and we were all knocked off our feet, falling to the ground.

“Ah, well, it seems more then one pack is here already. Great!”

Different types of reactions took place to the new being that came out of the ground and walked to be in front of us.

We were in a huge shed type place now, with another pack on the other side of the shed and now this new being was in the middle, putting the earth back into place after she had spoken.

“Who are you?” I heard Alpha Avan ask.

“I’m Elementress, I’ve come to help you win the war against the humans. Sadly though, I am not at my strongest…”

Silence went throughout the big shed and since we felt that the new being in front of us wasn’t a Shifter, we all unconsciously moved closer to her to entrap her.

For the first time, I felt us different packs move as one and realized that this was a good idea…

It seemed possible for Shifters to once again reunite as one, yet…So much more work needed to be done first beforehand. As it still stood, we were not in the same pack yet as my wolf had not let it happen because his demands had not been met…

But…It seems like it could happen, seeing all us Shifters band together in front of this unknown, new being!

 

When the new being finally looked around, with a very excited look upon her face, she then stopped on one particular Shifter…That Shifter being the Alpha of The Misty Ice Pack…

“I don’t like you!” She stated firmly, then mumbled something and played with her thumb rings.

Suddenly, earth came up and detained the body of Alpha Avan in one shot, making him unable to move.

“What are you doing!?” Alpha Avan yelled.

Beta Carlos went to be in front of his Alpha, and stuttered, “…We…We have no quarrel with you, why are you doing this to my Alpha?”

Clearly it wasn’t just him that didn’t understand what was going on…The rest of us were looking wide eyed upon what happened with the earth!

Never had anyone seen this power before!

Elementress humphed, then said, “He hurt my creation. If I had not had to spent time searching for her, I would have come earlier!”

I was caught completely off guard to this new being’s emotions!

She really sounded upset, yet…I swear she wasn’t one of us!

Earth rose close to me then and I suddenly saw a pure white wolf within it, “…Rieka!?”

…Could it be?

I swallowed and breathed out quickly and hoped beyond hope that this white, very familiar looking wolf, was my dearest mate…

…Could it really be her?

Quickly, I went to her side and found that I could touch her! The wolf was real! She was real!

But…I also saw that she was really hurt!

 

“Blame him and his stupid elder! They think she would do some kind of cleansing and so they used her life for it!” Elementress easily stated, walking over to the white wolf and pat her head, after bending down. “Poor thing, I wasn’t even able to pay attention when it happened! Xavior really took a lot of work to hold back in that fight!”

I didn’t hear her next words, but I don’t think they sounded very happy…I was just thrilled at having my mate back in front of me once again!

She was here!

She was right here and…Alive!

…She was here!

Touching her made me unconsciously smile and I breathed a huge breath of relief! Thank god!

Who ever this new being was, thank you!

I nearly cried then, having to work hard at not losing myself, I bit my lip and breathed out a large breath. I wasn’t going to lose my cool right now!

No…Having my mate here and alive gave me a new hope, a new strength and be damned if I wasn’t going to use it!

 

I widened my eyes when I finally remembered what the new being said about why my mate was like this, and took my hand away, knowing how angry I was becoming right now.

Having seen Elementress point to the very Alpha who had just brought up my own mate, like he knew nothing about what had happened, I glared at him, fisting my trembling hands together.

Both me and my wolf raged inside, hardly keeping our shifting at bay!

How dare he touch her! How dare he bring her up! How dare he use her!

My alpha aura leaked out of me, making many around me bare their necks or turn submissive in any other way…

“Wait!”

Alpha Avan weak response, to the earth going against his neck, didn’t halt my action of standing up and slowly walking towards him, “You…You sacrificed my mate!?”

I felt myself start to tremble very violently and before I knew it, I had shifted into my wolf, unable to hold myself back!

How dare anyone do this! How dare they lay a hand on my mate!

1