Chapter 9
202 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

9

They did not, in fact, want to meet my brother. Can’t imagine why.

Although maybe it was because when the man’s car drove up to us and he saw me surrounded by three boys his big brother switch got flipped on.

“You kids lost?” He asked, smiling down at them as he walked over.

Jeremy coughed. “Um, actually--”

“Shut up.”

“Yessir!” Jeremy saluted stiffly.

“Evie, what’s going on? Are they new friends or are they bothering you?”

Jeremy kept his eyes straight as Damien started examining his weird jacket. He didn’t dare to even breathe.

I looked over at the other two. Kyle was keeping quiet, wisely letting me handle the situation. Meanwhile Luke returned my look with a strained smile.

“Uh. Yeah. They’re Bea’s friends, actually. I met them just now.”

“Bea’s?” Damien glanced over them once more. He nodded. “I see.” He said.

“What do you mean, you see?”

“Bea is a good judge of character. She doesn’t make nice with scummy people. If these boys are her friends they must be decent enough.” The man explained. “They do tend to be a bit….odd, though.”

Jeremy’s cheeks flushed slightly.

“Bea’s odd.” I countered.

“That she is. Well, it’s odd in a good way. Anyway come on, let’s go.”

Stall him! Bea’s words rang in my ears. “Wait!” I grabbed his arm as he was about to turn away.

“What is it?”

“Ah. Um. No?”

“Evie.” That one word. That one word alone felt crushing. It slammed into her and demanded an explanation.

“I-I can’t walk! I sprained my ankle!” I shouted. I lightly shifted my weight and winced. “See? It hurts.”

Damien stared at me for a few seconds. I could see the doubt in his eyes. His gaze flickered to the three boys behind me. He appeared to catch some tell in their faces and smirked. “Oh yeah?”

“Yes. It’s really painful! So give me a minute, okay? Let’s...go sit down!” In a panic I pointed to an empty bench a few feet away. I started dragging him, completely forgetting about my cover story. He stood firmly in place despite my efforts.

“That won’t do. You’re in pain. Let me carry you.”

“What?!” I squeaked. I couldn’t have heard that correctly, right? Right?

“I said, let me carry you.” Oh god...he was serious. Look at that grin! He was playing with me! If you can see through the lie, why not just expose it? Do you have to pull this kind of stunt?!

“Oh. No, I’m okay. That’s really not--Wah!” It was too late. Damien had already scooped me up in a princess-carry against my will. I was touching ground one moment and had my legs in the air the next.

Everyone around us was starting to stare. Luke even raised a brow at me, which I found mortifying for some reason.

“What’re you doing?” I hissed at my brother furiously.

“Me? What about you? You’re the one who was acting weird.”

“I have my reasons.” I forced out through the embarrassment of having now dozens of eyes on me.

“Care to share what those reasons are?”

“Not really.” I replied. If he knew I was distracting him so that Bea could bring her girlfriends over and they could ogle at him while we bummed a ride, well, I’m not sure how he’d take it. “Now let me down. Everyone’s looking!”

“Suffer.”

I could hear whispering. My paranoia kicked in. They were definitely talking about us! I could only imagine what was being said.

Meanwhile, Damien walked us to the bench under the eyes of all those present and sat me down. Then he knelt on one knee and started touching me.

I nearly yelped in surprise. His hands were strong and warm and gently kneaded my ankle.

“What are you--? Stop that. Day, seriously, this is embarrassing!”

“Don’t worry about that.” He squeezed. “It hurts, right?”

“As if you don’t know that I--” One of his hands slid up my thigh. I blushed deeply. I saw Luke, Kyle and Jeremy from a few feet away exchanging strange looks as a wave of shame washed over me. The watchful eyes and hushed murmurs of the crowd seemed to intensify.

But it was slowly losing it’s hold as Day’s careful massage continued. My skin felt hot and tight. I could feel my nipples slowly harden. His touch sent a rush of excitement through my entire body.

Higher...higher…

In my mind I saw his hand gliding up past my thigh. Under my skirt. His fingers pressing against my lips as everyone watched. He would be calm and patient and drive me wild. He’d be cruel and make me beg for release. And I would. I’d cry and grovel and beg him to let me finish.

“Day…” I stared at him. In my addled mind I noticed a strange detail. His eyelashes. He has such long, pretty eyelashes. I imagined how they would tickle if he kissed my stomach.

It was a weird thought. But I loved the idea. I wanted to bring his head up to my belly button to test it.

“Hm?” He caught my eye. “ What’s wrong?” He asked. But I couldn’t tell him. Could never just up and say how much I wanted to lay collapsed against him, shuddering from the force of my own orgasm. Nor could I let him know how much I craved his touch. His affections. I especially couldn’t tell him how many times I imagined him coming into my room and taking me in my sleep at night. How rough I wanted him to be.

But I wanted to. I wanted to tell him right now that I wanted him to kiss my foot and work his way up. That I loved him and that it was in a way wholly wrong but that I didn’t care. I wanted to ask if maybe he felt the same, or if he ever could. If it was even slightly possible.

I didn’t.

“Nothing.” I closed my eyes.

I’m a coward.

He frowned. I saw him open his mouth to reply but he was cut off. “Wait! We’re here!” Bea.

“Nice work, E!” The girl’s bubbly voice had a magical quality that appeared able to part the crowd like the Red sea. “You really…” She slowly trailed off. “Wait. What’s going on?” She tilted her head at us. She cursed a moment later. “Motherfucker. Did I just interrupt an event? Goddammit!” A string of obscenities flew from her mouth as she stomped her foot.

“What the hell are you on about?” Damien shook his head. “No, nevermind. I don’t want to know.” He considered her a second longer. Then turned back to me. “Hold on...were you stalling me for her?”

“No.” I cleared my throat.

“Yeah, she was.” Bea easily admitted. “We wanna go shopping today. You, my good SIr, have the honor of taking us.”

“Oh, I do, do I?”

“Yup.”

Damien then spotted a small group of three behind her. “And by ‘us’ you mean…?”

“Us four!” She confirmed, gesturing to herself, me the girls. “Plus those three but they can drive by themselves. Also, sorry Sam. But you lost. You gotta go with the boys. Go on, shoo.” Bea waved away a pretty ginger-haired girl who’d come with her.

“But--”

“I said shoo!”

“I--”

“Go on, get! You’ll have your chance to look later.”

Sighing, the girl trudged away. Damien rubbed his temple. He’s long since stood up. “So you want me to chaperone.”

“Indeed.” Bea nodded enthusiastically,

“Evie, you really wanted to go?” He asked me. I could only mimic Bea. He sighed. “Alright. I suppose I have nothing else to do. Besides, we haven’t spent much time together. I know I’ve been…” He searched for the word. “Distant.”

“You think?” I snapped, suddenly angry. I didn’t know why. Maybe it’s just the reminder that set me off. “You’ve been a real ass!”

He smiled faintly. “I deserve that.”

“Yeah. Totally.”

“Then let me make it up to you.” He offered. “Anything you want today. Go wild.”

I narrowed my eyes. “You mean it? Anything?”

“I mean it.” He promised.

I reacted on pure instinct. “Hug!” I said. And immediately regretted it. Damn my impulsive desires!

“...What?” His face twisted in confusion.

“...Nevermind. I’m sorry,”

“Yeah. She wants a kiss instead.” Bea supplied helpfully.

“Bea!”

“What? You’re being a pussy.”

In the end I got both and I’m pretty sure rumor of me having a massive brother complex started circulating in the school.

10

4