Chapter 2 – Changing Course
69 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 - Changing Course

____________________________________________________________________________

Having decided on the name of my Stand I start to think about more important things, such as getting back to Earth or increasing the power of my Stand. Through one of my tests I was able to figure out that I can, in fact, touch and interact with my Stand. This is a huge breakthrough, since it means I will be able to change direction despite being in space. 

Impatient to get back to Earth I kick off my Stand, attempting to push myself back in the general direction of Earth. Even with my enhanced eyesight it is impossible for me to see Earth from where I am, since I should be around 21.8 billion kilometers away from the blue planet.

Feeling pain in my chest I look down surprised to see a lack of said chest and all below it. Quickly understanding that the damage dealt to my Stand is reflected onto me, I have a vague feeling of worriedness seeing that what I thought to be a strength, may actually be a weakness. This feeling is swiftly suppressed, however, as I realize that if I believe myself to be in danger, I can just bring my Stand back into my body.

Once my body completely regenerates, not even a second passing, I fix my previous mistake and throw the Stand towards Earth, going as far as to enhance my nigh-peerless strength with Hamon. After a moment passes I am yanked in the direction my Stand was thrown, at a staggering 500 kilometers per second. Content with this speed, I sit back and enjoy the long ride, which I estimate to take a bit more than a year and a half.

____________________________________________________________________________

Since changing direction back towards Earth, about a year has passed. I am still about 6 billion kilometers away from Earth, however I can finally see the planet. Well, the ‘finally’ part of that statement isn’t entirely true, as I have been able to see Earth for a while already. It is just that now I can make out every individual face on the planet, even if the person is inside or not in my direct line of sight. This is only possible due to me manipulating all the light reflected off Earth, and directing that light into my eyes. 

As I watch the planet, as if it is a show, something catches my eye. 

‘Oh?’

‘This is rather…  interesting.’ 

____________________________________________________________________________

General POV -

Walking down the bustling streets of New York are two men, both with a Herculean build, searching for their most abhorred enemy, after finding a clue entailing information of his location.

Despite their unshakable resolve to find the man, one suddenly jolts to a halt.

“Mr. Joestar?” The brown skinned man asks, confused by his companion's sudden stop.

Seemingly not hearing the man, Mr. Joestar deliberates silently for a few seconds, a frown crawling down his face as he continues to think. 

Finishing his deliberation, Mr. Joestar sinks to his knees, a look of despair so deep, his face appears to perfectly embody a theatre’s Melpomene mask. 

A nearly inaudible, choked “that’s impossible,” escapes his lips, as tears start to stream down his face. 

“MR. JOESTAR?!” The man cries out, his previous serious demeanor replaced by a  panicked one. “WHAT’S WRONG?!”

Not hearing the man, Mr. Joestar continues his mumblings as if to deny his reality. This continues for a brief moment until Mr. Joestar feels a sting on his cheek. Looking up in a daze, Mr. Joestar sees his companion who is slightly out of breath with his eyes shaking. 

“WHAT IS WRONG, MR. JOESTAR?!!” The man roars, his panic attack taking charge of his emotions. 

“I- I’m sorry, Avdol,” Mr. Joestar responds, still in a stupor. “It’s just-”

“IT’S JUST WHAT?!” Avdol yells, cutting Mr. Joestar off. 

“It’s just that even though my birthday was yesterday, nobody celebrated it.” Mr. Joestar replies timidly. 

“…”

“…”

“Your birthday isn’t until tomorrow.”

____________________________________________________________________________

Kars POV-

I’m not entirely sure whether I should be laughing at the ridiculous conversation, or upset at it. Laughing for obvious reasons, and upset because Joseph Joestar’s current worst fear is not having people celebrate his birthday. 

Most would think that such an exaggerated reaction is uncalled for in a situation like that. Most would be correct, since I manufactured that reaction. 

All I did was create an illusion using light manipulation, making him live out his life for the next two days. While this is not especially difficult per se, distorting someone’s perception of time is simply not possible through my illusion, since making their brain process two days in an instant would be harmful. 

In order for Jojo to live out two whole days in a single moment I would have to modify his brain directly, making his perception much higher than it currently is. This would be impossible, since I would need to be there in person in order to modify his brain, right? That usually would be true however, when I looked at Jojo I found some of my cells living inside his body. Deducing that these cells were trapped in his body when we fought each other, I quickly infiltrated his brain, not only heightening his perception but also enhancing the emotions he felt. All this resulted in his unsightly appearance seen earlier. 

Jojo was not the only interesting thing I saw on Earth. I saw quite a few stand users, and even a vampire, who seemed to be the one responsible for stopping time. 

It is an odd thing, being able to identify people who have stands. Their entire body seems to have an aura coming out of it and, interestingly enough, each aura tells me what they can do. For example, I noticed that the Vampire and a boy I identified as Jojo’s grandson, both have an aura telling me they can stop time. 

‘What is that?’

Speaking of auras, an asteroid with an aura larger than I have ever seen, has come into my field of view. 

‘Shall I check this out?’

0