Chapter 3: Avatar
266 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man wearing leather armor is bargaining with a store owner.

There is this huge guy carrying a huge sword in his back.

I saw swords, spears and all kinds of weapons being sold.

There's also all kinds of herbs I have never heard of.

All around me scenes that could only be found in games and novels is happening, the only thing disappointing is that I haven't seen any other races.

Still from my memory I knew that the kingdom of Heralds which I'm from is situated at the corner of the continent. And other races are mostly from the central part of the continent.

I then look for a lodging to stay. Auburn city was a medium size city if I'm not wrong, I'm still not sure about the total population of the kingdom but I'm pretty sure there are at least hundreds of thousands of residents living here so I'm assuming large cities have millions of population.

I've been here in the outer ring a couple times but because it's huge I haven't fully explored it.

After walking for nearly half an hour I stopped at the building with the sign [Sword and Bed lodging]

Quite a weird combination but I went inside anyways.

"Welcome! What can I do for you?" 

A middle age man welcomed me while he was cleaning a table.

The surrounding looks a bit worn out but it was okay. Actually I was excited, aren't taverns and lodgings the symbol of starting an adventure?? Seeing all these harden my decision to stay.

"How much for a room?"

"That'll be 2 silvers per night. 3 if you want to include the food"

This world uses copper, silver, and gold as currency with 100:1 ratio. Meaning 100 copper is equal to 1 silver and 100 silver is equal to 1 gold coin.

"I'll stay for three nights that includes food"

To be honest I don't have much money, I could probably only last for a week without looking for work but I got an idea to make money.

I was led to my room. It was a bit small but it was acceptable. After tidying up things. 

I stoop up and simply said. 

"Switch to second form"

I have never tried changing to my grant form till now. Mostly because I was still adjusting to the world.

But..  1 second 2 seconds.. 11 seconds. Nothing happened.

"Huh? Is something wrong?"

But when I look back at the panel in front of me things of change.

At the corner right of the panel there was me on what you expect on game that builds thier avatar.

As for the left side it was mostly empty and the fate disturbance bar is still there at the bottom.

The introduction was gone. I focused at the right. I faintly have an idea what is this.

I saw my features, I was quite skinny with brown hair and eyes then I though about changing the color of my eyes, instantly the color of the avatar me in the panel change from brown to black. After that I hurriedly look for a mirror or anything that can reflect my appearance. I grabbed a small broken mirror from my backpack and saw that my previous brown eyes have turn to black.

I knew it, I can freely alter my appearance with the system. I couldn't do this before in my normal form but in my second form I can.

Knowing what to do I altered my appearance to black hair and eyes that sparkle like the stars, I also adjusted my height as I was quite small only 160 plus height to 180plus height and then changed my clothes to a black suit.

My appearance have changed greatly. With the black color overall I look pretty mysterious. 

After changing my appearance I now try to use powers to grant wishes.

"Let's see? The genie said I could do anything as long as it help in granting wishes so... Can I wish to see those who have wishes?"

Instantly the blank panel at the left changed  and a satellite view of the world appeared and after that voices suddenly came out of it.

"Oh shit!" Voices all over the world converged and the sound was grating to my ears.

"Just in this city!"

Then the noise quited down and the satellite view of the world changed to the view of auburn city. The voices we're still there but compared to before it was quite. 

Now I see all of Auburn and it's people, it's like I'm seeing live satellite channel. 

I can also zoom in and out. I can't hear what they are saying but I can hear thier wishes.

I then choose where I should grant wishes and settled on the northern part of the outer ring where most of the poor residents lived. People also call them the slums.

"I wish to go there" I simply said. Then my surround suddenly blurred and the scenery changed. I was now at the alley of the northern slums.

"Pretty neat" I mumbled but walked out of the alley confidently. To be honest I don't plan to hide at all at least my second form. And even if people find out that Joseph and the person granting wishes is the same, it won't matter much. Other than the orphanage I don't have any attachments to this world and I don't plan to have any as well. I'll just be a wanderer.

10