Chapter 5: Compensation?
224 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oy mouse trap what was that about? Who was that guy?"

A few people saw what happened and approached the skinny man who was nicknamed mouse trap.

The skinny man who was feeling something in his hands didn't answer and seemed to be in a daze.

"Oy didn't you hear me?? Is your head full of rats now huh?" 

Mouse trap snapped out of his daze. Expectation and hope filled his eyes. He answered their questions saying it was a peculiar mage and they were a bit surprised. After that they asked a few more questions before mouse trap decided to close for the day and went home.

He reached his home not long after while carrying his things. It was a large two-story building but he doesn't live here alone, a lot of homeless and poor citizens also lives here making the place cramped.

He went to where his children are. It was a room about 15 square meters that was dilapidated. There wasn't much and it was a bit dirty but to him and his children, it was their home.

"Fa-father is that you?" He saw his two children lying on the ground that was covered with dirty clothes.

They were struck with Rutton disease. It was not deadly to an adult but fatal it was children. Brown spots and vomiting is the common signs of it. Right now his children are barely moving. One of them is even unconscious.

"It's gonna be okay, don't worry" 

He went in between them and held them both. Then he closed his eyes and hoped. Immediately his hands glowed golden and spread to his children. He abruptly opened his eyes when he felt something and was stunned when he saw the spots in his children was slowly disappearing and their countenance getting better.

A few seconds after, the golden light dimmed and disappeared. 

His unconscious child woke up and the other was still dazed by what happened but is clearly energetic. When he saw this, tears welled up his eyes.

 


 

"I already paid all my debt!! What do you still want from me?!" 

A man hysterically said at me. He sure is panicking.

"I'm afraid you misunderstood, I'm just here to ask you something"

The man finally getting time to think calmed down.

I was in one of the rooms in a hotel. I teleported just next to this guy while he was sleeping and woke him up. I knew what he desires, that was probably why he was shaken up when he saw me and thought something different.

"Who are you?? Are you with the snake gang?"

Snake gang... Sure is a lame name. 

"I have no name. I came to you because maybe I could do something for you"

That's right, I came to him cause he wished for the snake gang to disappear. At first I didn't wanna take on this type of wish that takes the lives of others especially since it's only the first week of my job but thought that in the future I'm bound to encounter someone who's wish is to take life and said to myself, why don't I just do it now?

"Do something for me?? Who are you really?? How did you get into my room?"

The hotel his staying was have a good security so it's normal for him to wonder how I got to him so close without alerting anyone. I ignored his questions and said.

"Tell me Eric, is there something you wish?"

I sat on one of the chairs and asked him.

"!! How did you know my name?!"

"Guess" 

"You?!"

I feel like this is going nowhere, I probably shouldn't have appeared to him so suddenly.

"I'm gonna ask this one last time, is there something you wish? Cause who knows maybe I could fulfill it?"

He calmed down once again and pondered.

"Are.. are you an assassin?"

I answered simply.

"I am whatever you think I am"

He's probably thinking that I'm an assassin that knew what happened to him and was interested in taking a commission for an amount of money. My answer seemed to confirm or at least increase his speculation that I am an assassin. I mean I'm dressed from head to toe with black colors except my white inner shirt.

"How much?" He asked but just as I was about to speak an warning word appeared in front of me. According to the system, all wishes should be free and that I shouldn't asked for compensation. But I got an idea to make money without violating the system.

"Tell me your wish"

Eric frowned and said 

"You already know right?? I want to get rid of the snake gang"

"So your wish is for the snake gang to disappear"

Eric thought that something seems weird, he nodded anyway.

I smiled hearing that. I then stood up to leave.

Eric was confused.

And before I left completely I said one final thing..

"Oh and I don't accept for money in granting wishes of others... But if you give me a gift I wouldn't mind it"

I waited for the warning to appear but it didn't!

As expected I can't ask for money in granting wishes but I can accept gifts and donation. 

Just as long as I don't directly ask for anything then everything will be fine. Of course I don't expect for him to gift me something, I just want to spread the rumors that I don't say no to gifts. 

 

 

 

 

 

9