Chapter 6: Disappearance and chicken
231 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You hear me?! The next time you don't pay us we will destroy your house!"

"Cough ye-yes sir"

"Dear are you alright?!" A female voice shouted.

The man with the tattoo of a snake smirked and said to the person his holding by the collar that was all beaten up..

"Well.. maybe if you allow me to taste your wife I can lower your payment"

The bruised-up man became agitated and mad, he tried to say something..

"Don't you-" but before he could finish a fist struck his face and he went down.

The man with the snake tattoo spat at him and said..

"I'm giving you an easy solution yet you deny it. Fool. Besides sooner or later she'll be begging me to do her hahaha"

The man laughed as well as his companions. The bruised-up man then picked up himself and was about to say something to them before realizing they were gone!

"Huh? Where are they??" His wife then caught up with him and asked if he was okay. But his attention was on the people that suddenly disappeared.

"Did they leave? But I didn't hear them walking though? Or could it be that I passed out for some time without me knowing?"


About 4 minutes before that happened....

After leaving the hotel I was just walking while figuring out what to do about Eric's wish.. According to the system, there are exactly 157 members in the snake gang. If I suddenly kill them all then the commotion it will bring will be huge, I'd like to stay low for now, at the very least I'd like to be just a rumor for the first week. 

Besides according to the system not all of them were genuine members, some were just forced. So after contemplating for a while I decided that I can just filter out those who were forced to join or those who were not genuinely wicked and I won't kill them as well, even though that was probably what Eric meant but since he only said 'disappear' then I can simply teleport them to another place, a dangerous place where they won't ever survive.

Finally deciding what to do, I click on the words that appeared in the panel and then granted Eric's wish. 

"Chicky?? Where are you? Please come back now" 

I heard a child's voice. It was a little girl. Even though I'm walking in broad daylight there's no one that can't seem to see me. It was because I made my body transparent that I was nearly invisible, if others don't focus on me, they wouldn't be able to see me.

Walking a bit more I saw a little girl looking in the trash for something.

"Where'd you go chicky?? I'm sorry I hurt you" 

The little girl was malnourished, and her clothes, other than it's very dirty has holes in them. Seeing these my heart ache, if there's one thing that I can't stand seeing, its children struggling. It reminds me of my helpless past. I shook my head getting rid of those thoughts and approached the little girl.

I then adjusted my body so she is the only one that can see me and no one else. 

"What wrong little girl?? You lost your pet?" I said. The little girl was startled and turned to me. 

Instantly I could see fear in her eyes probably because of my appearance. I smiled, took of my hat and knelled down to her level.

"Don't be scared. I just saw that there's something troubling you and I'd like to help" Probably because of my eyes that seemed to sparkle like the stars, she easily calmed down but she still didn't say anything and just stood there.

"What are you looking for? Maybe I could help? " I said gently. 

"M-my pet is missing" 

"Really? Then I'll help in looking for it. Was your pet's name chicky? Is it a cat?" 

She shook her head and said.. "No, chicky is a chicken, a small chicken"

A chicken? Well no wonder it could go missing, a chick can easily be lost and never be found again.

"A chicken? A unique pet, how did you lost her?"

"I was just holding her and she jumped and she was gone" Tears welled up her eyes. Again pity filled my heart. 

"It's okay it's okay, let's see... Ah! do you have any wishes? Maybe this uncle can grant them"

"I want chicky" I read her desire and I knew she was not lying but she wants chicky for an important reason.

"Why do you want chicky?" 

She hesitated for while as if what she was about to say was important before telling me..

"Be-because when chicky grow up she can have eggs and then those eggs will grow and also have eggs and when they lay eggs we can eat them and me and daddy and mommy will never starve again"

This is the longest sentence she ever said. It probably broke her heart when she realize that chicky, her hope to never starve again was gone. Well, I'm sure chicky is here somewhere but I'll ignore her.

"So your wish is to never starve again??" I need to make it clear that she's making a wish, its part of the instruction.

The little girl with tears in her eyes that was dirty said..

"I want to eat eggs and never starve again"

"Is egg your favorite?" She nodded, I look at the panel that changed, details on how I can grant her wish appeared. There were a lot of them but the main point is eggs and never starved again. I saw all kinds of things that I can grant to her like, millions of eggs that can guarantee that she won't starve until she died, a hundred-laying hen that can lay hundreds of eggs every week for 50 years, and even a golden egg of a phoenix that once you eat it you'll never starve again, though you do have to change your race. All kinds of things can be seen but in the end just like what I granted to the skinny man, I chose to grant her an ability. 

I can't grant her something that can easily be taken by others, so I plan to grant her the ability to.. make eggs herself! Of course she won't lay them and she won't become a chicken, I plan to alter her mana to have a unique property that can make eggs, those eggs that she will make will never hatch but they can still be as good as the real ones.

Although she doesn't have mana, but as long as it helps in 'never starve again' I can grant her small amount of mana. 

"Lily?!" 

"Lily where are you?!" Shouts rang out. It must be her parents, nevertheless I continued my job.

"So your wish is to eat eggs to never starve again? Is that right?" 

The little girl left to go to her parents but didn't forget to nod.

I smiled seeing her with a face that was preparing to get scolded for losing chicky. 

Don't worry, you will never starve again.

 

God this was long, Anyways since the first three wishes is done, I'm gonna seriously try to fasten up the pace now.

 

 

 

10