Chapter 8: Building a what?! And rumors
254 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The second one is obviously money, hopefully rumors will spread about a person granting wishes and that he doesn't mind receiving gifts can spread soon.

Although I'm sure there are other ways to make money like killing monsters, cleaning the sewers and other odd jobs that protagonist usually experience, I'd like for my life to be free of struggles considering that my past life was full of it.

Actually, there is one thing in mind that I can do that not only it will bring me a huge amount of money, it will also bring me some lackeys that I can order around. 

What I'm doing can be called granting miracles and answering the people's prayers. In other peoples mind, I can be considered as a God.

That's right, I can try and make my own church!

What can be more profitable than building a church? 

Even back in my world there are people who made a lot of money by taking advantage of the people. But in this world where I can actually answer their prayers (wishes), there's no doubt that I can easily make money.

Well I think its too early to consider that, I should find out more about this world first. I headed down, I plan to tour around this place and ask for some information about this world. And rumors about what happened to the snake gang.

I came back when it was a bit dark already. I didn't bought anything cause I'm lacking in money and was just strolling around. I didn't get much information.

"Oh lad, you came, you want to eat your dinner now?" The middle age man talk to me as he delivered food. I nodded and sat at one of the table.

After a while, I was served half a fish, a hard bread and some water, that was about it. I should've have expected this, since I'm staying in a cheap hotel. But as they say you can't judge a book by its cover so I tried it and... yup it didn't taste good. Didn't expect the quality of food here was just a bit better than in the orphanage.

"So what brings you here inside the city lad? From your appearance and dialect I can tell your from the outside." The middle aged man that was cleaning the table just in front of me asked. 

"I guess.... to fulfill my purpose?" I answered nonchalantly. 

"Hahah purpose? That the first time I heard someone say it that so directly" 

I smiled wryly,

"By the way uncle..?" 

"Just call me Oscar" He introduced himself.

"Then Mr. Oscar, is there any interesting rumors lately?" 

"Haha no need for Mr. Just Oscar, rumors eh? Can't say there isn't, One of the biggest is about the posiblity of war"

I raised my eyebrow when I heard that.

"War you say? Against whom?" 

"Kamar kingdom that just next to us, of course its only a rumor but some say things got ugly in the border about some monster, causing a conflict between two kingdoms. They say it was a unique monster that was worth a lot of money and an army of our kingdom and theirs suddenly clashed to catch the said monster"

Interesting, it was an army of soldiers that fought to catch the monsters and not some adventurers?? 

"Oh and there's also a rumor about how the king is Ill and dying, so each of the prince and princess are said to be preparing to take the throne"

Ahh yess the classic fight for the throne troupe, then judging by how these things go, that does mean I'll get involve in it?? There's a high chance that one of the prince or princess might notice what am doing and try to get me on their side.

"Well even though there rumors, one things for sure, it's not going well for the kingdom" I said so, cause if there's smoke then there's bound to be a fire.

"You're right about that, I think the kingdom has been at peace for too long that I wouldn't be surprised if a storm came" Oscar answered.

"Putting the kingdom aside, is there any interesting happening here in the city??" I wanted to ask if rumors about the disappearance of the snake gang has spread and that there's a man out there granting wishes. Well I'm not that optimistic about the latter cause I'm pretty sure the first wisher knows how to hide, and the same can be said for the little girl, I'm sure her parents will lay low. The only one I can count on to spread the rumors is Eric.

"Hmnnn something interesting.. oh I heard the son of the city lord has been seen in the brothel, I heard the lord reprimanded his son for the disgrace of going to that place"

Thankfully Oscar likes to talk so I got I lot of information but nothing to important. There's still no news spreading about the snake gang but I expect that tomorrow there will be. After the dinner I went up to my room and decided to excercise. Tomorrow I plan to go to a library or maybe the so called adventurers guild that I was hearing about from the people in the city and learn about how to gain strength.

What do you guys think of the pace of the story? Is it slow or is it fast?

 

10