Chapter 9: Results
219 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the morning, I woke up feeling a bit sore all over my body. Maybe I shouldn't have exercised really hard last night? And is it me or did I hear a lot of commotion when I was sleeping?? I got up and washed my body, the water in the hotel is not enough for me to have a full shower so I was just cleaning my body with a wet cloth.

After that, I headed downstairs. 

"Oh, lad you're awake? I'll tell my wife to prepare your breakfast" Oscar said as he was dusting the ground. 

"Thanks" I found a table and sat down.

"By the way, you look like you had a good night sleep"

I tilted my head wondering..

"What could be wrong about that??"

Oscar shook his head and kindly said..

"You should always be alert, especially if you're alone" 

Now I'm becoming more curious but a thought came to me.. Could it be that?

"Why? Did something happen last night??" I asked nonetheless...

"Gang war. Nearly 300 people fought each other at the slums last night to claim a territory, although it is a bit far from here, I advise you to learn to stay alert even when sleeping, you'll never know when's trouble is just next to you"

! It was different than I expected but I faintly understand why the gang war happened... 

"Really?! I didn't know, I thought I heard some commotion last night, turns out it was a gang war, still what instigated it from happening??"

Oscar then stopped cleaning and lean his chin on the top of the broom and said..

"It was actually quite bizarre... they say..."


"Their boss suddenly disappeared as he was about to have fun with them" An armored man with a tied-up ponytail said.

"What kind of bullshit is that?? Did you make sure those girls weren't high? Or did having too much pleasure ruined their minds?" Grumpily said a man that was trying to wear his armor, he had clean-cut hair and sharp eyes.

"Hahah probably, but what if it wasn't only those girls that saw someone disappeared before them??" The ponytail man said..

After wearing his armor, the man look at his vice-captain and said..

"What do you mean?? There are others that saw people suddenly disappear before them? You realize what you're saying right??" 

The ponytail man shrugged and said..

"I know it sounds ridiculous as well Captain, but we already interviewed a couple of people who said the same thing."

The captain pondered, last night two gangs fought for territory resulting in a large scale fight and dozens of death, to be honest as captain of the outer ring city guards, they couldn't care less what happened in the slums area, they just need to make sure that all that shit stays in that place. 

However some bizarre rumor spread, well it's not exactly a rumor, but according to what his fellow guards said, the war started because the supposedly owner of the territory, the snake gang, suddenly disappeared along with most of his subordinates. 

If it was just that it wouldn't matter, however, no trace has been found to where the snake gang went, it's like they vanished into thin air... and what's even more bizarre is that some people actually said that it was true.

"Are the others ready?" The captain said.

"Yes captain" 

Then they went out of the room and after meeting up with his team, lead them to where the war happened. After a while, they reached the place.. 

Although the bodies have been removed, some of the blood and smell stayed. The captain saw two of his subordinates asking something to a person.

"Captain! Here is one of the witnesses who said that he saw a person disappear in front of his eyes"

His subordinate pointed to an old man, who was shivering. The captain nodded and said...

"Tell me what you know"  

Hearing what the old man said left him in thought, 'It can't be coincidence, but how is that possible?' 

Meanwhile, not far from them a couple of curious people were listening in an alley, one of them was familiar, if joseph saw him he would have called him Eric.

Eric was still dazed from what happened, he remembered just yesterday morning he was mad at the snake gang that nearly sucked him dry and leaving him no room for growth, at the afternoon when he was napping he suddenly saw someone in his room and asked if he wants something and told the person that he wants the snake gang to disappear, and the next morning, the rumor's spread about how the snake gang suddenly disappeared causing gangs near to fight over the empty territory.

He still can't get over what happened and how it happened and... if it was really because he said to the mysterious person that he wants the snake gang to disappear and so he did it. Even if he did it, Eric would only be shocked but the process of how he did it befuddled him.

Although he should be happy about the snake gang disappearing, somehow all he feels is fear, fear of the unknown, and this didn't escape the captain's sharp eye.


After hearing what happened, I frowned but on the inside, I wasn't really worried. 

"Anyways no what matter, always be careful lad" Oscar said. He was a nice man, I'll make sure to grant him a wish in the future.

I eat my breakfast and although curios about the situation in the slums, I chose to head to the adventures guild to learn how to gain strength and after that the library.

10