Chapter 10: A small fire
186 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"For real??"

"Yes it's for real" 

I grumpily said to the man in front of me. He was pretty good-looking with scars on his face and with well toned muscles. 

Adventurers guild. As I was making my way here I realized there are actually a couple guilds with different names. But all of them handles missions, monster bodies, finding a party, common things you'd find in a guild. 

There are other guilds like, Kodak guild, Silver dragon guild, Sword and booze guild and the most common and average guild, the adventurers guild. 

Naturally I've chosen the adventurers guild because it was the one that was the easiest to join to and had the most members, some guilds have requirements such as having a certain level of strength, specialty, and status.

Anyways, I paid a fee to join and learned from this man that to be a qualified warrior you need to have mana, It turns out having mana and having the ability to manipulate mana are two different things.

Those who have mana but have no ability to properly control it can only become warriors. I glared at the crystal ball that tested whether I could become a mage or a warrior. Unfortunately, I only have the potential to become a warrior, my dream of becoming a great mage can only be achieved by sleeping. Although I do have mana, it was a miniscule amount that it was questionable whether I could even become a warrior.

After that, I asked how to be a proper warrior and said that I need a meditation technique to breathe using mana, once I accomplished that, my mana will fuse with my body and it becomes an aura, though only in bronze grade can your aura be seen. Of course physical training is important as well.

I asked a few more questions about the guild and the power system of this world before leaving. I don't have the money to buy a book about meditation and at this point I wouldn't be able to last for a week cause of the fee I paid. Luckily, its only a few days before a new week comes. Todays friday and by monday I can once again grant wishes. Other than thinking of ways to earn money, I'm looking forward to the commotion I can bring to the city. I smiled as I strolled around the city.


"So are you gonna report it to the lord??" The pony tailed man said as they where going to the office of the captain. 

The captain didn't say anything and just silently pondered. Through his sharp eye he discovered Eric's peculiar expression and decided to interview him, the guy was not talking at first but based on his instinct, the guy knew something so they tried to bring him to an interrogation room where they will 'kindly' ask him some things. As the captain of the outer ring city guard chosen by the count, he can easily torment some commoners without serious reprocursions. Once Eric heard that, he easily confessed. 

A man appeared before him, his description of him is that he was wearing black clothing and a hat. He was young and had bright black eyes. Of course the captain and his subordinates also asked others if they saw someone peculiar yesterday and found nothing. Only few people saw Joseph with mouse-trap and there are thousands of people in the area so they couldn't get much

The captain thought for a while before he decided to report it to the lord. He came to his desk and wrote what he gathered and look to the cabinet of his desk to get a red bookmark and plastered it to his report. Red bookmark indicates a serious problem and it needs the lord count to handle it himself.

"Hopefully the report will reach the count" The captain said as he knows that they are probably tons of red bookmarks reports on the counts table.


Mouse-trap has been in a jolly mood since his children recovered but of course his suppressing it so that others won't notice something different about him. He also instructed for his children to stay home for a while. 

Although he live inside the city, he understand greatly that the slums are bascilly no different from the jungle. Just last night, bloodshed happened close by so it's better to be careful.

He was setting up his stall when he saw somone approached him..

"Hey richard! I have something to sell to you" Richard is his real name but most people just call him mouse-trap. He tilted his head and said..

"Sell?? Joe just go to roberts or the general market if you have something to sell, why come to me?"

"Roberts too unreliable, and what I'm selling is only small stuff" then he took something from his leather bag and showed two eggs.

"Eggs? Where'd you get that? Don't tell me you stole it?" Richard eyed the man.

'no my daughter made it using mana' thought Joe. Of course Joe wouldn't say it.

"Of course not, so are you gonna buy it or not?"

Richard eventually bought it for his children.

Joe then left holding the money he got from selling the eggs.

His face was dirty but hope can be seen in his eyes. 

Heyss guyss~~ just a heads-up, semester has started so I probably won't be able to update much, but I'll at least try to update once a week.

 

10