Chapter 11: It’s not stealing if I’m taking from what I gave.. right?
195 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I returned to the hotel just before it got dark. 

After dinner I went to my room and tried to practice meditation. I have no idea how to do it properly so I just concentrated on feeling my mana and making it flow all over my body.

I felt a cool wave spreading through my body and just like my heart, it pulsed.

Is what I'm doing right? I wonder but not long after a wave of mental exhaustion came to me. Although it's the first time, I can guess that this is probably what happens after using up all the mana.

Because of it I managed to sleep early.

Living in a sword and magic world was always my dream but now that I'm living it.... holy cow it was boring!!

I mean the entertainment this world can give is pretty limited, with most of it requiring money. I went to the library to read the history of this world but it had a fee.

The first couple of days, everything was just fascinating but now it was not so much. Time passed quickly and finally the new week came.


I was walking near the slums again. I was still wearing the black suit I wore just a couple days ago. Adding to that, I made my presense barely noticeble.

Then I stopped by the building with the sign saying "Golden Bakery" Quite poor looking despite it's grand name.

I walked inside and then heard someone say

"Welcom- huh? Oh welcome sir" He didn't notice me at first probably because of my low presence and was a bit surprised because of my unique clothing.

"Hello" I said.

I then looked around 

 "Uh what can I do for you sir? Although my bread don't look good I assure you they taste satisfactory"

I stared at the man, he was middle age with a mustache and although his clothes look worn out, they look clean and smooth.

"How much for this bread?"

"Oh this? It just 30 cooper sir and if you buy for a dozen I can give you a discount and sell it to you for only 3 silvers"

"That's a great deal"

"As long as it can satisfy my customers then I don't mind earning small"

I nodded hearing that but he won't like what am about to say..

"Hmnn.. but I don't have the money to pay for it" I intentionally ended it there.

As expected a frown appeared on the mans face, thinking that I was probably trying to leech off him free bread. I inwardly laugh.

"Uhh sir-" I cut him off and said..

"But I can grant you a wish"

No warning appeared even though in some way I'm asking for compensation for a wish. I'm confused how it works. Maybe because I actually have no intention to take it from him??

The man chuckled uncomfortably and said..

"Hmnn that's okay sir, how about I give you a sample?"

"Golden bakery, why did you name it that way?" I didn't answer him and asked a question instead 

The man still had a frown on his face while he answered..

"Nothing special, I just like gold"

Theres a reason I came to him, I knew what exactly he wishes and I want to try something.

"You like gold? Tell me then, if I could grant you a wish what would it be?"

I smiled at him as I said that. By the way I also added something into my charm that makes it easier for people to open up to me.

Now his frown has turned into puzzlement.

"I'm afraid I don't get it sir" He was still polite.

I just stared at him until he say what he wishes.

"Eh.. well... I like gold, it's practical and I'd do anything to earn thousands of it, that's why I named the store golden bakery, hoping it will bring me gold"

"So your wish is to have thousands of gold?"

Someone came in to buy bread but I ignored that and focused on the owner.

"Oh welcom-" 

"So your wish is to have thousands of gold?" I urge him.

The man turned to the new customer and then back to me before saying yes.

"Yes"

After that I left the store and made my presence completely invisible.

I then teleported to the owners room. My environment distorted and in the blink of an eye I was inside a room. It was quite ordinary with a lot of notes in his work table as well as books. This guys got a dream.

Anyways I simply click the panel in front of me and granted his wish. This time it was pretty simple, instead of granting an ability or teleporting some people to other places I just simply put thousands of gold in one of his chest that was only full of notes.

As if they've always been there, thousands of gold coins appeared inside the chest with no sound.

Looking at this shining gold coins I took a deep breath and then tried to get one but I haven't even touch one yet when..

A warning appeared in front of me.

Shit! I inwardly cursed. I'm really not allowed to take money?? But it's not over yet, making sure no one's coming, I reverted back to my normal form, then once again tried to pick up a gold coin and then it works!! 

Hell yeah! Celebrating I grab a handful of gold coins and stuffed them in my pockets. 'I'm not stealing cause I'm the one who gave them myself anyway' I mumbled defending myself.

Then I switched to my second form and teleported away.

 

 

 

9