Chapter 12: Attention and Imminent war
208 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I returned to my hotel room and reverted back to my normal form.. or at least I tried to, a panel appeared in front of saying I need to grant at least one wish for every time I switch to my second form. This is probably to prevent me for taking advantage of my second form, in my second form I am practically like a god, unkillable and can grant small miracles.

Anyways, I wanted to take my time for each wish but oh well.. I headed to my next target.


"Disappearance of a gang?? Vanished in front of their very eyes??" A man that had a well trimmed beard, luxurious clothing and blue eyes said.

He was holding the report that the captain of the outer ring city guards delivered, although a couple of days late, it still managed to reach him.

"Hmnn.. what do you think of this report Jansen?" He said to his butler that was standing at the front as he passed him the report. 

The butler took the report and read it.

"I do not dare do give my own thoughts my lord" He said after reading the report. But the man wasn't bothered and said..

"Just tell me what you think"

The butler nodded and said "I think its necessary to investigate the disappearance of the gang, they might have been spies or some cult, although the lord haven't investigated it thoroughly, the fact that they can disappear at least means that they have some methods up their sleeves that we don't know. As for the mysterious man that suddenly appeared, we should look for him as well, although, not a priority as a group of people might be easier to find than one single person. Whether it was a coincidence or not, the man requires to be investigated. And for vanishing in front of the people's eye, I think we should start investigating the people who saw the gang disappeared as it might be a ploy to distract us. Overall, I think it's worth deploying manpower to investigate it." 

His lord nodded hearing what his butler said.

"Get someone to investigate it" Then an eagle like bird suddenly appeared by his window and he saw the red knot on one of it's leg.

The man stood up to receive the bird and opened the message it carried. A discomfort expression appeared on his face. The message was short 'It's someone from the kingdom'

The man sat back down and mumbled..

"He's crazy..." 

Someone from the kingdom was instigating war against the Kamar kingdom. What's worse, although no one have evidence ,the suspect right now is the third prince. 

The third prince is known for his strength and strategic mind, however, that was not enough, if nothing significant happens then there's no way for the third prince to win the throne, the only way to do that is gaining achievement through war.

Signs of war are showing one after the other, the conflict at the border was just the start. The man closed his eyes and decided.

"Increased the training for my knights as well as my soldiers" There was no need to say more, the butler knew what to do as he nodded and left.

The man look at the window and thought 'I hope the kingdom can survive the upcoming chaos' 


 I was once again back in my room after granting another wish.

I healed an old retired Knight with an amputee. He had books about meditation, battle techniques and other stuff that was why I came him to grant his wish. I basically waited at his home and it was only an hour after when he came back so i got time to read his books, the only downside was a sword to my throat when he came home. But it ended well at the end.

I reverted back to my normal form.

I check my pockets and as expected the gold coins was still there!

Finally I don't have to worry about money for a while, I counted how much I have and it was 21 gold coins in total, enough for me to live for a year and about nine months decently.

Anyways, now that the money problem is temporary solved and I only had one wish left to grant, I'd like to explore more of my strength, the entertainment of this place and learn more of this world.

I think I should have other goals other than granting wishes and exploring the world, otherwise it be too boring.

Putting that aside for now, I think I earned myself a little treat so I headed down to look for a good restaurant.

_________

If you find my work worthy then please support me here:

https://www.patreon.com/Casuallytrippin

8