Chapter 13: Beginning
187 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You shouldn't have offended his excellency" A distant voice spoke. 

He was being held down by people who he once treated as his comrades. They made him stretch out his right hand, and the person in front of him positioned his sword, ready to slash his fingers.

He couldn't understand. As a new knight, justice is what he should have been bringing, and that all good deeds will be rewarded. 

But why is it that all he got from saving someone from getting defiled is... 

The person in front of him swung his sword downwards, slicing of four of his fingers. He groaned in pain but still didn't let out a sound.

"Ayee for a newbie you sure can endure pain." 

Integrity, goodness, justice..... Did he get the wrong impression of what a knight is?? He questioned himself. Seemingly not satisfied, the person in front of him broke all the bones on his left leg rendering him immobile and in pain that he couldn't resist, crying out loud. His days as a knight and a warrior was over.

"Hope you learn your lesson" The person smirked seeing what happened to him. 

He couldn't remember what happened next as pain flooded his mind. 

"Hmnn feels like I never lost them" 

Back to the present, inside a run down house, the same man but much older can be seen caressing his fingers as if they were new. He still remember clearly what just happened.

After buying some staff, he went home and to his surprise, there was someone there reading his notes and books. It was a man wearing unique clothes. And even though he was disabled and can only use one hand and need a support to move, he was still once a knight, so he easily grabbed a sword in his secret compartment, hop quickly to the mysterious man, and pointed the sword to his neck. 

But what happened next was unbelievable, although maybe not by much cause there is some potion and even some magic that can heal severed limb, he knew all those are expensive and powerful that only few can use them. Still he saw his severed fingers and his broken leg heal in front of him, shocking him to the core and by the time he snapped out of it the man was gone. 

As he looked as his new fingers, he concentrated and after a couple of seconds, silver aura came out. 

He didn't get the chance to thank the man, but inside him, the things his been bottling up is slowly unraveling. All those years, he thought that maybe if he wasn't so obsessed with justice, maybe he wouldn't be like that. 

Now he thought things he wouldn't think of when he was still amputated, it wasn't me that was wrong, it was those people. He thought. 

A goal was slowly rising in front of him. It might be stupid considering he just got a new beginning of his life but he cant stop it.

"..Those bastards.... They don't deserve to be called knights... They don't deserve the respect they get..." He gritted as he mumbles with intense hate.

Fires of hatred burned his eyes as he swore to destroy these fake knights.....


I first went to buy some new clothes cause mine was pretty worn out, of course I pretended to be young and naïve that just luckily picked up or earned a gold coin when buying.

After that chose a good restaurant and ate to my heart's content. Then I headed to the library to read some books.  I could even go to the adult section of the city and have fun, of course he wouldn't do that. Still, with money now the world seemed not so boring.

I spent most of the day in the library. 

I learned a lot about this world. It was a typical setting of the world, it looked like in the past more than 500 years ago this world was ruled by a church, but suddenly, it seemed the god of their church cut off its connection to this world making the church lose its power and the once strong empire that reached half the continent collapse.

That was the big history, theirs also how, the dwarves and elves went to war in the north, the establishment of the Metadal empire in the west, the great migration of the demi-humans in the south, etc.

Of course he also learned about the history of this kingdom, even thought it was just a bit.

There's world was vast and it only increases his desire to see them all.

Hey guyss~~~ Sorry if I had not been updating lately, as if it was mad that I was slacking, school suddenly gave a tremendous amount of works so I've been busyyy~~ add to the fact that actually.. I'm working on another story, so hope for your understanding. Btw the story I've been working on is using a third person perspective so I might make a mistake and do it here too.

 

9