Chapter 14: Mana and money
213 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The last thing that I plan to do today is to buy some weapons.

A sword, if not, just some bows and arrows.

I know no techniques in sword arts so either I should train by myself or find myself a trainer.

But that will take time, so for now it's better to buy some bow.

I headed to the adventurers guild, not because I want to buy some there but to get advice on where to buy the best equipment and I also need to see what jobs I could take tomorrow.

But on the way there I saw someone familiar.

"Isn't that the father of the little girl I granted wish to?" I mumbled seeing him.

Curious as to what they're talking I pretended I was buying something in the stall next to them as I listened to their conversation.

"Really? I never knew that, I don't any any mana in me, then again it makes sense" the little girls father said.

A man who was bald said to him...

"Yes... The mana grows as the body grows so the sooner you get mana the better"

Mana? I thought as I continued to listen to thier conversation.

"There are no other ways to grow your mana, it must be natural, otherswise you'd be broken"

"Yikes.... I heard broken people suffers every second of thier lives so most chose to kill themselves"

"Of course, mana is inside your body and once it becomes broken, well... You'd better off dead"

I never knew that. I should be more careful in the future when practicing mana.

"Well thank you for telling me all these" As the father said that he handed him some coins althy not a lot.

"I thought that strong people have a way to grow mana that's why they're strong" he added.

Hearing this, I realized what the father wants. The little girl, Lily, uses mana to conjure eggs so it's connected to her mana. The more mana she has the more eggs she can conjure, and the more money it can bring.

"So are you gonna buy or what?"

The stall owner said to me as he puts his hands on his waist.

"Oh I just remembered I don't have any money"

I simply said pissing off the owner before entering the guild.

_____

.... silence continued as minutes passed. Yet Jon still couldn't utter a word by what he was seeing in front of him.

He was just planning on getting something upstairs for a short moment, and that's when he discovered one of the chest closed.

He still remembered that it was open cause he was gonna fill it up with something later, cautious he observed his surroundings first for any thief, not finding anything unusual he opened the chest carefully but what he saw stunned him.

I'm front of him, gold coins shined brightly under the sun. He was shocked, no, even now he was still shocked.

There are probably thousands of gold coin in it.

Finally moving, he closed the chest for a moment before opening it again, he repeated this a couple times before he finally....

"Hahahahahaha" 

Laughed like a madman. 'it must be that man' he thought but with the money in front of him, he was having a hard time thinking properly, all he understands is that, now, he's rich.

He always admired gold, especially since he was just the son of a whore who gives her body for money.

That was why he worked hard, unfortunately a commonner with no special skills, no background, no mana, can only grovel and beg.

The only thing he knew how to do is the skill his mother taught him. Baking, unfortunately even her mother's skills is only average so his skills is average as well.

Still he never stop hoping, never stop working. He saw people with luxurious clothes, eat expensive foods and drink the most expensive wife, he even saw his long time crush marrying someone rich, now she lives in a better place than this dump. He never blamed her, he blamed how lacking himself is.

He set becoming rich as his goal, without it he might have gone crazy on how fuck up this world.

Now, with the gold coins in front of him, he could finally live the rich life, buy all the clothes he wanted, eat the most delicious food and wine, have multiple women as beautiful as his crush in his bed. All these is now possible.

He took a deep breath calming himself down. He shouldn't be blind by the gold in front of him, at least not completely.

Making sure no one was seeing this, he carefully close the chest, with all his strength he lifted it and hid it underneath the bed, and after making sure it's well hidden, went downstairs to meet his customers.

With the gold coins in his minds, he messed up some orders causing some dissatisfaction from his customers. Still it didn't matter, he was rich.

10