Chapter 15: Changes
156 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I headed to the adventurers guild to inquire information.

After knowing which weapon shop to buy and what job I could do, I immediately headed to buy a sword, a bow and a quiver of arrows.

I was excited holding weapons I usually only see on screen.

I wanted to practice with the bow but it was getting dark so I headed to the inn and rested for the night

______

"Huu!" 

I swung my sword at the lunging gaint rat that was the size of a head.

Because of my meager strength it didn't fully kill it, and instead, it writhed on the ground in pain.

I finished it with another swing.

I was currently outside the northern part of the outer wall.

Some people posted a job about clearing some gaint rats and I decided to take it.

Figured it was a great job for newbies. Of course the pay wasn't great but I wasn't lacking in money anyway.

So I spent the entire morning killing some rats.

"Thank you young man, we've posted the job more than a week ago and there hasn't been anyone to accept it but you."

An old wrinkly man said to me as he handed me the money.

I accepted the money and planned to go back to the inn and clean myself.

But driven by curiosity, I decided to changed direction and head to the bread shop owner but when I got there it was closed.

I guessed he must be having fun with his money.

I headed to the inn after that, he wanted to practice with his bow but I got the idea of visiting people who I granted wishes.

_____

"How much is it?" 

"Only for 15 gold coins, all these place will be yours" he said as he points at a large two storey house with a spacious backyard.

After he suddenly got the golden chest, he of course decided to spend it but not before disappearing.

It was a great blessing what happened to him but if handled poorly, it'll be a disaster.

So this morning he closed down the shop early, partially disguised himself and went to the middle ring to buy a luxurious house.

But of course he wasn't planning on staying here, but just to use it as a front while he secretly leaves the city.

Things just got brighter with gold but it'll be much darker if someone found out.

________

"I see..." I mumbled. Looks like the first guy I granted wish to didn't show much change and is still selling some rats and other plants.

I didn't know where the little girl lives so I just came here.

As I saw it, the guy was smart, he clearly knows how to hide things. He didn't seem to show to everyone the ability he earned.

But as time passed I can imagine him opening up a small clinic that helps with deseases.

I mean when I walk up to him and saw him reading something, he said it was about curing deseases and stuff, he wanted to learn it and maybe help people someday.

The guy was smart cause as the one who granted his wish, clearly it was just a front but at the same time I was happy for his cleverness and even though I haven't met them, the little girls parents knows what how to hide too.

I guess that's just what you learn if you live in these parts.

At the same time I thought of what to do with myself.

Fighting seems fun but it'll be a while before I get to become stronger and there's still the risk of dying.

I can grant wishes but it has no benifet to me.

After pondering for a while..

"What the heck let's just make a mess" I shrugged.

I was basically just looking for something to entertain me so what could be more entertaining than causing mayhim in the city?

Not in a bad way of course.

So I decided to just do this in the open.

Not hiding anymore and announcing to everyone that I'm here to grant wishes.

What could of mess I could get with it I wonder?

Just thinking about it excites me.

And then I thought when I'll do it, Im only left with one wish. I think it's better to grant three wishes as an entrance to my existence.

I better use my remaining wish for this week to increase the rumors about me.

And so, days passed and after granting wish to another person, a new week came.

______

Dressed in a black suit and a Pandora.

A fixed my myself even though there was no need.

It was time to announce myself to the world.

I stood outside of a tavern, I choose this place because what could be better to spread news than to a place as rowdy as this?

Well maybe there are better places than here but I just like it here.

So taking a deep breath I step forward inside the Red mistress tavern.

 

6