Chapter 16: Uproar
167 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alfred couldn't believe what he just saw.

He was sent here by the count to investigate the matter of the snake gangs disappearance.

Time passed by and the only thing he got was that someone was granting wishes to others and that the snake gang disappearance was because of that.

It was ridiculous, he thought.

Rumors came out not long after the city guards interrogated Eric, the person who was said to be the person who wished for it.

The second person he encountered was the amputeed instructor of the adventurers guild.

The people around him was suddenly surprised that he started training as if he had no disabilities. The people later found out that he was healed completely and that someone approach him to grant his wish.

He would have ignored it as who knows maybe the instructor just acquired a high level potion or something but when he described the persons appearance, it perfectly match what Eric described.

And today, just as he was about to give up the investigation, an unbelievable situation happened.

He was staring at the gold aura the youth was emitting.

As someone who meet some gold rank warriors, he knew the feeling of encountering one and he felt this inside this young man.

But he had to be sure before doing something, cause who knows this might be just a ploy or something.

"Try to shoot out your aura!"

The people in the tavern were still clamoring so he had to shout. He needed to make sure of something. Auras, in simpler terms, they basically enforce and enchance the physical body, allowing the body to show superhuman strength and durability. And if you have certain techniques, you can increase your speed, or just your strength to an unimaginable level.

Gold rank aura are different, because they cover the common weakness of a warrior. Once you become a gold rank warrior you can now do range attacks matching that of a mages.

The youth still dazed, did as he was asked and tried to imagine shooting out his aura. His aura, that seemed like in chaos about suddenly waking up in his body formed a golden ball of aura and flew slowly towards the table.

Bang!

The table suddenly exploded when it touched his aura.

Alfred held his breath when he saw this.

The whole tavern was once again in an uproar, their faces clearly in disbelief. The most unique expressions are the two who suddenly realized they screwed up the chance to wished for something greater.

Alfred thought fast and immediately decided what to do.

"My name is Alfred! I am a trusted subordinate of the count! Using the lord's authority I order for this tavern to be on lockdown!"

He eyed the tavern owner, and the tavern owner nodded and went to get the guards.

Whatever that person did, it needs to reach the count.

____________

I teleported back to my room. After changing back to my normal form I heaved a sigh of relief.

Even though I wanted to announce myself I have no idea what kind of chaos I could bring.

Nevertheless after fixing myself up a bit. I headed downstairs and planned to head to the tavern to see what happened after he left.

I was now a bit different than a week ago, continuous meditation have improved my physique giving me more energy. So this week since I filled the quota of wishes, I plan to just adventure out in the wild and just listen to the chaos he brought.

At the same time I thought of the young man I granted strength. That man wanted to have the strength to take revenge for his family, according to his system, his family was killed by a fire drake while he was away. A fire drake have a strength comparable to that of a top silver rank warrior but of course a humans body and a monster's body are not the same so it needs a party of silver rank warriors to kill one or one gold rank warrior.

I wondered to what level of strength I could grant to someone. According to the meter of his system that decides to level of fate interference, a gold rank strength isn't enough to change anything in the world. In my knowledge, a gold rank warrior is already at the top of the world but it seems my view was too narrow.

As I was thinking that on the way, I saw guards clamoring and heading to where I think there heading.

When I got there, the place was already sorrunded by the city guards. The tavern is now gaurded by them not letting the people in or out.

Residents saw this and started gathering and murmuring.

I leaned to the side, and stared at the situation with a smile.

________________

"Captain, do you think it's true?"

Someone whispered to him. 

The city guards captain who from some time ago investigated the disappearance of a gang pondered.

At the same time he stared inside the tavern in the window the youth that was emitting gold aura but it was much weaker than before.

"I.. I don't know" he shook his head. What happened today and some time ago eludes him... But most of all....

He envied the young man who suddenly gained that strength.

He doesn't know what happened or what that person granting wishes did, but no matter if it was some sort of drugs or some sort of magic that allowed an ordinary person to have that strength, he envied it.

He was already 27 yet he was still at the bronze rank, though at the peak of it, he thought it wasn't enough if he wanted to achieve something in his life.

So right now he put all his attention to the situation and to the person granting wishes.

If he could meet that person... Then no matter if there was a side effect he'd be delighted to take it.

Some time passed and soon a luxurious carriage came with the symbol of an eagle and a spear.

It was the count.

Heyya guys~~~~ just something, if you spot any grammatical error or spelling error please point it out and correct it. As I started writing I realized how time consuming editing so I'd really appreciate your help. Btw I'm curious but to what direction do you think the story will go??

7