Chapter 17: Seal off.
123 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Count furrowed his brows listening to Alfred's report and why he needed for him to asses the situation personally.

Light surprised flashed in his blue eyes when he heard what Alfred has said.

At the same time he scoffed at it internally.. 'Someoke is granting wishes in the city? That person must be a god or dragon at least.' He thought sarcastically. He had faced many challenges and experienced things life has to offer but hearing a man seemingly able to grant 'wishes' to people is just absurd.

Then he turned to the young man who was emitting a gold aura.

He was inside the tavern, and because Alfred forbid people from going in and out, the place was still full of people however the place was quiet.

He observed the golden aura. Although it was absurd, but seeing the bright aura surrounding the person, shock filled his eyes but his expression stayed the same. He felt a bit bitter inside. God knows what struggles he faced just to reach his strength yet this kid in front of him is already there. Though, he thought that the aura might only be temporary.

"What do you feel?" He interrogated.

The young man, even with the strength he was feeling, he was nervous and answered the Counts questions truthfully.

'Was it illusion magic that the person suddenly disappeared?' He pondered, with the level of the people here, it could be possible that the person used illusions to suddenly disappear and they just didn't notice.

In the end, the Count was just confused as the young man.

"Give me your hand" the count ordered intending to observed the golden aura.

The young man showed his hand. He observed the aura from the kid.

At the same time, golden aura emitted out of his hand, but compared to the young man's aura that was 'crude' his was sharp and refined.

"Could it be..? Was it the golden potion?" He mumbled. Lately, he has been hearing some news in the center of the continent. It was about some potion that is said to be able to turn a person into a gold rank warrior after drinking it.

Of course to the other people it was just rumours but with his connections to the king, and what his spies he planted said... Someone did managed to make such potion. The person who made it is currently missing.

'could it be him?' 

Whether it was him or not, it doesn't matter. He needed to meet the person first before continuing further.

The count then turned to the people in the tavern and said in a calm but commanding tone.

"Gentlemen, I would very much love if you wouldn't divulge what happened here" 

Not waiting for answer, he once again turned to the young man and said..

"And you, come with me" saying nothing no longer he walk out of the tavern and headed to his carriage. Alfred followed him.

"Have all the spies watch out for this person, if they saw him, immediately try apprehend him or at least tell him that I want to talk to him"

"Yes my lord" Alfred nodded.

"And keep this underwraps as possible"

Alfred nodded and hesitated before saying..

"But my lord, what are you gonna do to the kid? He... Had a wish you see and he needs to get revenge-"

"Enough." The count sternly said.

"Don't believe what you easily hear, this man might be up to something and these granting wishes is just a front." He said not concerned. After all, the wishes that this man granted from what he heard, wasn't in the realm of impossible. Healing and giving money? That can easily be done, the only thing he can call as unbelievable was that the man managed to make someone into a gold rank. At the same time he thought that this subordinate of his is getting rusty.

The count didn't know that the man he was talking about have already granted some people abilities. Limited by the information he gathered, the count waited to meet him.

_______________

"What the hell?" I mumbled.

I waited for a while for things to blow up but the city was quiet.

I asked around about what happened in the tavern but all they said was that there was a spy or a coup that was discovered. And the count came personally to handle it.

That was the gist of it. At the same I realized what the count did. He sealed off the news about me.

"Damn... And I thought it was a good entrance" I sigh.

No matter, if the count thinks, he could keep my matter down then he's mistaken.

It was in the middle of the week so it won't be that long when I can grant wishes again.

For the meantime, Im having fun fighting so I'll head to the forest these coming days.

okay maybe I should accept that I'm not cut out for a fast paced novel? I mean in writing this I just want to flesh out characters, explain details and just... Express the world. I mean at this pace, it'll be maybe 30+ plus chapter before the mc could leave the city and explore the kingdom and yes only the kingdom, beyond that, who knows how many chapter will it take. I'm not in a hurry of course, it's just I don't trust myself to be consistent. Anyways, point out the mistakes please and thank you~~

8