Chapter 19: An illusion and meeting the count
158 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

People were astounded and had gaping mouths about what just happened. 

It was not everyday you could see a dragon and live.

Of course to them it was amazing, but to me, I knew all of it was just an illusion.

It was part of the wish I granted him. The magicians trick. Quite simple actually, the more people believes him the more powerful and realistic his magic is.

The magicians trick that I granted him gives him the ability to create, basic illusion, basic telekinesis, and even basic mind reading. All things you'd expect from a magician from a street.

But it can be quite powerful, depending on how much people believe and admire his show. In fact, he was able to show the illusion of a dragon because of the accumulated belief and admiration he gathered through the years. Or in common terms how many people he fooled.

Heck, he could probably conjure up a real dragon if a huge amount of people believe and admire him enough.

I mean this was the first time that the fate meter got too close to the red part so it spoke volumes of how powerful it is.

Buuuttt.... Like it's name says, the magicians 'trick'. His powers basically depends on the people or at least any intelligent races. In combat, As long as Anton is smart he could cause a lot of damage but to stop him is simple, all a person needs to do is to stop believing him and think that it's all a trick or it's not real.

The more people gawked, believe, and admire him, the more grander show he could perform however once people thinks it's fake and it's all a trick, then his abilities will get weaker and weaker until they disappear. 

"What did you do!?" A guard point his sword at me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him and smiled.

"I just granted his wish. Now gentlemen, can you tell me why you surrounded me? If you want to make a wish, then I'm sorry I'm quite tired today so maybe we could do this later"

I casually said.

"The Lord count wishes to see you, please come to us peacefully"

Some of them said. 

"Does the count want his wish granted? Please tell him, I'm a bit tired and will not be granting anymore wishes today."

Then all their swords pointed at me. Of course I could see some of them hesitating wanting to say something but stopped themselves.

Not long after, a team of silver armored knights appeared. They look more elegant and intimidating than the city gaurds.

Probably, the counts knight.

A stern faced, good looking man said to me.

"Please come to us, the count awaits for your presence" he said politely but I knew he won't take no for an answer.

"Well then, I guess I don't mind strolling in the city. Take me to him then"

I had no intention of granting the count wishes today, I just want to shake him with my existence.

A voice shouted from the back..

"Please, grant me strength to change my destiny!"

I turned around and saw that it was the captain of the guards that said it.

"Find me again, and I will grant you your wish" I simply said and followed the knights.

I wanted to save my wishes and not use all of them in a single day. Otherwise it'll be another week of waiting.

 

______________

 

The Count was sitting in a luxurious chair as a maid poured him some wine.

"Sir, we brought him to you" a voice came outside the door.

"Let him in"

The count adjusted himself but didn't stand up as he greeted his guest.

He finally saw the person that caused the commotion.

The count was surprised by how young he looks and the description he got from his spies were different. He thought that maybe he was an half elf. 

Then as if he owned the place, the man sat down without even asking for permission and said..

"It's a good day ain't it? You have a nice place" 

The count frowned when he heard this and release his aura to give pressure to this man. There's a chance that he might be special but he was a peak gold rank warriors and he was confident of his strength. Even if he was the one who made the potion to turn people into a gold rank warriors he thought he should let him know his place.

Pressure emanated from his body but feeling unperturbed, the man just pick up the wine he was drinking and took a sip of it.

"Good wine" The man simply said...

Realizing it was useless the Count thought to get straight to the point.

"Are you... Robert Boyle?" 

The man smiled as if amused... "No, I'm not" 

The count furrowed his brows and said..

"Then what should I call you?" 

The man seemed to think over it for a moment and said..

"I have no name, yet at the same time I can be called by whatever you desire"

 

 

 

 

___________________________________

Please buy me a coffee here cause it will really motivate me: https://ko-fi.com/casuallydreamin

Btw guys I just released a new novel called My Hail of Demonic Beast, please do check it out. At the same time I found a novel I did nearly 2 years ago and thought I should publish it here, though it was unfinished I want the people to read it anyways. Again please point out the mistakes in the comments, thank you~~

 

8