Chapter 20: Speculation.
272 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sanford Hayden couldn't believe what he was seeing right now, 

When he was young, like any ambitious teen, he longed to travel and experienced the adventurers life could give and he got it.

After he got his fare share of it he came back and inherited his father title. Having a broader mind than before, he embraced his title and made his late father proud. He even reached the peak of gold rank despite being busy with his territories making him the strongest count of the kingdom only below the duke of Archaron and the royal family.

But what he was seeing right now was unbelieable. In  front of him, the previous man who was wearing all black clothes change his apperance, now he has the appearance he was most familiar with the most, himself.

"See? I could be anyone and anything you want, so a name isnt really my thing~" The man answered casually to his question about who he was.

If it was an illusiosn he could easily see through it, as a powerfull gold rank warrior he could easily see through illusions. However, he didnt feel anything of the sort from this man, he even felt.. his own aura signature from him. 

Although all warriors have bronze, silver and gold color aura, it doesnt mean they are all the same, there are certain techniques that can differentiate and identify the aura of a person. They called it aura signature. Its what the investigative unit of the royal family uses, as a count, he had access to these techniques as well so he knows very well that the person in front of him was emitting an aura signature similar to him. 

This person didnt just copy his appearance, it was like.. he copied his existence.

His arrogance diminished and cautiousness took over.

"Of course if you feel uncomfortable about my 'apearance' why don't i change it?" The man in front of him who had the apearance changed once again turning him into the maid who were just pouring him wine moments ago, then he changed it again, to a knight, a farmer, and finaly stopping at old man wearing a pointy hat long white beard and gray robe.

A thought came to him suddenly.."Are... are you a dragon?" 

Dragons. A mystical existence said to be born just after the world was created, they have the mind smarter than any races, loved by nature and the masters of magic. They said true dragons can easily shapedshift to any creature they want so he instantly thought of it. At the same time he wondered if he had offended such creature.

Dragons are naturally indefferent to what the other races do as long as it doesnt violate the laws of nature. From what he knew only the Saint dragon empire have connections to a dragon. 

"Haha" the man laugh as if he was unconcered about the world.

"Like I said, I could be anything and anyone you could think of, all you need to do is choose" 

Collecting his thoughts Sanford said..

"Then.. putting that aside, may I know why are you granting wishes all over the city? Can you really grant the wish of a person no matter what it was?"

The man stroking his bear said.."I can't tell you why I grant wishes to people, as for the second question, well.. as long as it doesnt go against the world's fate then anything is possible."

Hearing what he said Sanford solidifies his theory that the person in fron of him is a dragon.

Because of it, he got more polite as he asks...

"Then can you grant my wish?"

The man continued to stroke his beard and said...

"I'm done granting a wish for today, I just thought to stroll for today but if you see me again, I might. Oh what happened to the boy from before? Did he managed to get revenge for his family?"

The supposed'dragoj' said as he mentions the young kid, Tom. Who he recruited.

"Yes... The kid now works for me and his first request was to help him get revenge so naturally I allowed it....."

Then Sanford paused... After some time he came to the conclusion that the strength the young kid Tom recieve was permanent and aside from being unfamiliar with it, it didn't had any side effects.

Whatever this man did, it was borderline unbelievable. There are indeed forbidden techniques that can increase the strength of a person permanently but all those have severe side effects. He also thought about the disappearance of a gang.

If he was a dragon, then maybe it was possible? Although there are no records of dragons granting instant strength to someone it's still possible.

"I'm confused, Can you enlightment me what your goal in doing all these??"

H doesn't expect the man to answer but he asked nonetheless.

The man in front of him made a small smile and said...

"Compensation"

I squeezed this out through my busy schedule. This chapter is more of an info dump than a conversation, sorry for that. Anyways thank you for all the love you guys show, really makes me motivated. Check out my other novels, My hail of demonic beasts, and Creatures of the mind.

If you find my work worthy then can you buy me coffee??

https://ko-fi.com/casuallydreamin

6