Chapter 1
286 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nevis was woken up by the sharp pain traveling from her chest into her neck.

 Like a thread of wire, slowly twisting around her neck and thin beads of blood dipped from the strings. 

Her eyes couldn't help but open to take a look at what was making that part hurt, her ember orbs glanced at her neck where a stitch like wound was at place. 

White, silver hair strands fell into her waist. 

Upon seeing this, Nevis thought she was dreaming — or was this haven, the place of eternal rest. 

Her question lasted for a mere minute before awakening explicitly in her profound wonder and fear, a trace of hope bloomed in her lifeless eyes. If she was here, doesn't that mean that Ashley must also have?

But, there was no one to ask.

 Not even a single soul of an animal was at sight. 

Nevis looked around and finally took a better look at the situation before her, the wilted yellowish green plants was undoubtedly signs of dying.

 There was purely moist and heat at the surroundings, not even the tree was of bush, even the river located a few meters away from her spawn point was dry. 

“What...”

 Nevis stood up, she touched the weeds and grimaced, “...on earth happened?” 

There was none to answer, only she could find what was the response by herself. 

Seeing that she couldn't make sense of everything that was unfolding like drought, Nevis suddenly thought of using her powers.

The warmth from the surroundings ceased, Nevis waved her pale hand that radiated coldness. 

She wiped her sweat in realization that at most, her power was still there, but there was really something going on into the world.

Questions about what is currently ongoing within the world aside for now, Nevis looked down and saw her bare naked body.

 Embarrassed or not, Nevis didn't care about showing her private parts to the wind, at least, it was manageable to her who was a dragon and only clothed blue scales of hers. 

Suddenly, while she took a step forward into the dead forest not so far away, she had to pause her steps as she glanced back. 

Her ember orbs widened upon seeing a ball of light flying towards her. Nevis ducked down and caught a glimpse of a pale pair of human feet.

She quickly looked up and saw a elf staring at her with confusion and fear visible throughout their blue eyes.

 The elf caught her focused gaze and whimpered in fright, “W-Who are you....and...”

 Their gaze traveled from Nevis' peerless beautiful face, down towards her hands that was making mists of smoke. “..your hand...”

Nevis took a step back, she explained, “I'm Nevis, and my hand is enveloped with ice magic thus this.”

Hearing the word ‘ice’ the elf reacted with bewilderment, “I-Ice? You mean the solid form of water? Cold? That?”

“Yes?” Nevis exclaimed while dumbfounded. Indeed, Ice is rare, but it shouldn't have gained a reaction like this, especially if they're elves who have strong affinity with raw and natural magic like water. 

Also, when Nevis leaned a bit closer towards them, the elf flinched but didn't run away. She could clearly see that the elf was strangely pale despite tanned. Their cheeks were also thin and it made them look thinner as if they lost nutrition..

“Why are you so thin?” Nevis asked as she pulled their hand over towards her. There, she saw that the elf was stick and bones. Not a single fat was at sight. 

The elf jolted in surprise and retrieved their hand, “Are you an other Worlder? You could be, as you are clueless on what had come into the world.” They exclaimed with surprise, then disdain. 

 They said bitterly with a scowl in their face, “Ever since that human hero killed a dragon, curses have befall into the land. You must be another one of those summoned heroes they retorted to summon in help for this disaster! I don't know why you are naked but—” 

*cough, cough!*

Nevis watched as how the elf came coughing after speaking so much. 

She then gathered a bit information regarding on what had come to be – and, it seems like she hasn't went to haven (a total disappointment) giving her a response of meeting her beloved once again an impossible remark. 

“...Are you okay?” Nevis asked. 

“...I...*cough!* I'm so thirsty...” The elf spoke weakly. 

Nevis blinked her eyes as a tear trailed down her cheeks. It was large and clear, when it came down into her chin, Nevis clasped her hands together as the tear dipped down and became a handful puddle of water. 

“..here.” Nevis called, reaching her hand forward and receiving the elf's amazed gaze. 

“w-water!” They exclaimed in relief as they drank the tear-water down in one gulp. Nevis didn't say anything and just looked at them. 

The elf realized what they did and quickly fell down into their knees. “You may be another one of those heroes, and despite I'm unwilling, for the future of the dark elves, may...may..may I receive your help...Nevis..?”

Nevis sighed and said, “Sure.” then she continued, “You must first tell me about what happened after the dragon's death, however.”

12