Chapter 2
248 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It all dates back a year ago,..

After ”that” blue dragon died, God forsaken us all. The sky rumbled with lightning at the first hour of it's death and soon vanished with the remains of everlasting dryness. We thought that it was purely a change of weather but reality proved it not. The grassy plains became a hot dessert and floods became our only source of drink, the ice and snow piled up from high mountains melt, and before we knew it, water was now a luxury.

Because of the lack of water, props died and many had to starve. Humans barely survived, and us elves rarely ate. There was a famous poem verse that began to circulate around: “One can starve but not thirst.”

The world was in chaos and calamity — all because of that hero's mistake and misunderstanding. That blue dragon was not God's nemesis, it was it's beloved creation and the head messenger of nymphs.”

‘This dragon— I mean, I am a head of a what? Nymphs??’ Nevis thought in confusion before shaking her head, so that was it, after she died the world plunged into this. “That's upsetting.” She stated as she brushed the elves long bangs to the side, “The world had come to this; my condolence.”

“You....Thank you, Nevis.” The elf cried out bitterly before wiping their tears away. “Since I told you what happened to come to this — will thy Nevis do as promised?” 

“I will,” Nevis responded. 

The elf broke into a smile, “Your kindness, how shall I pay....”

Their eyes widened as they scurried towards Nevis. They took of their outer clothing and draped it over Nevis' fair naked body. 

“This.. ?”

“Payment for the drink.” They said. 

Nevis pulled it and tied a knot, the clothing now remained in place. 

A hand then pulled hers forward and the elf said, “Nevis, please follow me. My tribe is in need of help, we haven't drank anything for days, fellow clansmen had given up and died, you're our only help.”

“..You dark elves have really gotten it hard, but as we're on the way, may I know this young elf's name?” Nevis asked.

The elf paused and gleamed, “I forgot, please forgive me. This elf is called Same.” 

“Same?” Nevis paused and said in amazement, “That name strangely fits you...”

“?, I don't really think it suits me. The name was given to me after the child of death, Same, a merman shark passed by our village. It was purely random and my name means to kill. ”

“That's how you think it is, but we do not share the same thoughts and preferences. I dare not to lie; you really are well described by your name, and I did not meant the meaning in hyuman language, the meaning I suppose was from the dwarven language — Same, the bringer of hope.”

“Dwarven language?” Same froze their steps and quickly looked back at Nevis, “As long as I remember, the dwarves are secluded and their language is hard to master.”

“We don't hold much trust yet, Nevis, but my curiosity wanted to know.” 

“Just who are you?”

The silver haired beauty tucked her hair behind her slightly pointed ears. 

“Nevis, the blue—”

Nevis didn't want to hide her identity, however, if she encloses this, there'd be problems rising one after another. 

“...It's bad to be too curious.” She said after a short minute of contemplating an answer. 

“Is that so? I'm sorry.”

“It's fine.”

Nevis looked at her front and fazed over the surroundings. The trees have wilted, their trunks have dried and was pale brown color. Each step they took, a crunchy sound bellowed. 

Same pushed a brown vine out of their way and Nevis saw they were facing the sky. 

In that height, near the tip of the cliff, she spotted a village down below. Houses made of huts were piled and separated, dark elves occasionally passed by and Nevis furrowed her brows in distress upon sighting their poor appearance. 

This scene reminded her of that meeting with her precious beloved. That thin girl with yellowish unkept free hair stared at her with large pink eyes with scarred mentality.

 Starved and thirsty, Nevis was saddened upon the dark elves lives, she was not really a pacifist, but seeing how their conditions are broke her heart. 

“Welcome...Welcome to Daywon Village, Nevis ” Same said with a forced smile. Their eyebrows, though, furrowed, in sadness.

11