Chapter 5
144 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nevis walked towards where the river once stood. The empty and dry land beneath her feet reminded her of the immediate need of water. She scooped a soil in one hand and made the other position above it. 

Diamond shaped water fell from her palm and into soil, drenching it and soon the mud sipped down from the holes of her hold. What then left from the handful of soil was charming and crystal like pebbles. Nevis took them and placed them in a hexagonal formation. 

After that, she tapped the ground and soon raised her hand. Blue fountain like water sprouted from these stones and soon made a net into the empty river. 

Splash!

The water flushed and the empty river place became full again. The water was pristine, and was luminous. Nathan just came out of his hut while holding a map that was rolled into two, he scurried towards Nevis and looked at the flowing river with bright eyes. 

“The river!” He shouted in happiness and evoking the eyes of the rest of dark elves who had heard his commotion. 

They followed behind and looked at the river. Same smiled and glanced at Nevis, “Thank you...”

Nathan nodded before he opened the scroll. “This is the map towards Quran Vine.” 

Nevis inspected it and said, “It is indeed a bit far.”

Same's mother interrupted, “Since the journey towards that place is a bit far, will dear Savior Nevis remain for a bit in our tiny village? We want to show our thanks even though we are in a sprite of this calamity.”

“I don't want to be rude but if you all say so, I can only agree.” Nevis replied before eyeing the river. “This river will nourish anything it touches, take your seeds and dip it in here, it'll speed up the process of growing.”

“Such a precious treasure!” A dark elf gasped, “But, this may also start a war..”

“Don't be afraid, I have set up a formation.” Nevis stated, her words not much but not also less. The dark elves looked at her with sparkling eyes, Nathan wiped his tears as he held Nevis' right arm...

The sun was halfway down, and Nevis could feel the changes of the temperature in the air. In the day, it was hot while on the night it was cold, but not that too cold but instead halfway warm. This resulted in the dark elves not agreeing on putting out a bonfire, they decided to eat supper early to relieve the darkness with sleep. 

Nevis didn't show any disagreement with this, she only laughed along the cherry atmosphere as she took a bite of the mud pie. Though, it was not really food and was almost inconsiderable as edible. 

“We're very sorry, we can only let you eat these thing.”

“It's fine.” Nevis waved her hand. She was not lying when she told them this. In the past, when she was newly born, she had to retort eating snow and even ice because there was no vegetation life in the snowy lands. That time was the hardest she had to face, but, that was in the past. 

“It smells and taste like peanuts so it's bearable.” Nevis added. 

After dinner ended, Nevis was allowed to enter one of the huts and that was Same's mom's. Same was considered half adult and had to live on another hut, Nevis and Same's mom were both women so this was the option chosen. 

As she laid down in the bed, Nevis' silver eyelashes flustered as she restlessly wondered about the inaudible voice that whispered across her ears earlier. 

This was her first night after rebirth and considering the world's situation, after she died or if she was that dragon that died after being slain, Nevis was troubled on making a conclusion on what should be not and what should it become. 

The only thing she was factual about is that when she was resurrected, Ashley must have too. It can't be only one sided, they signed a contract regarding about destiny and death. 

She raised her arm up high and glanced at the bright blue magic circle in her armpits.

‘It's light returned to being shiny, that concludes that she must have also been reborn. But where has she found herself in? Is my conclusion correct and that she must have visited Quran Vine first? However, she used to always tell me things and would never hide anything, but I only heard about this place from her only once...’

Nevis found it exhausting as she drifted to sleep. 

8