Chapter 6
109 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slow updates for the moment since I have to finish our second exams and the place I'm living in for the moment doesn't have any wifis cabled on. Neither do I have any load and the reason for that remains simple.

The sound of the water flowing made their ears bounce in fright and surprise. A man in leather hoodie looked at where the sound originated as he scurried towards the location. 

The shallow moonlight fell upon his face and lightened up his demerit casting. 

Complicated expressions were expressed. Clashing between hope, fright, enlightenment and surprise. He trembled as his fingers slid into the ice cold crystal water that shouted of many desire. Thirst, greed and the likes. 

“W-water...” He bitterly cried as he ducked his head down. Carrying his palm towards the blue clear liquid and trying to take a sip. 

Splash!

But before he could sip nor drink, the water returned to it's vessel. He was surprised before laughing it off as his gimmick by holding the water delicately. 

He tried to take a handful of water again, however, before his fingers could touch it's shivering surface, the water rolled towards the other side, seemingly avoiding his touch. 

“What's going on!?” He panicked as he tried to take another touch, but once again, the water avoided his touch. 

In instinct, he looked up. His eyes staring at the village just ahead. 

The water seemed to have begun from that place, the man thought before he shook his head. “I'll visit again.” He murmured as he turned away. 

Sensing that the man was no longer there, the water returned to it's usual calmness. And reflecting on it's bluish interior was a bundle of lime green facade.

...

“Waaahh!” Loud rejoice of laughter spanned across the Daywon Village as dark elves dipped themselves into the flowing river. 

Nathan smiled cheekily as his pale face became rosy. “This feeling, we have long missed.” 

Nevis nodded at his words as she took a few steps towards the riverbank. “And so do others.” She added. 

“What do you mean?” Nathan pondered.

“You're supposed to be the smart guy, Nathan.” Nevis chuckled. “What I meant was that there has been a trespasser who would for sure return with trouble.”

“Hiss...” Nathan groaned, “Humans, is that right?”

“Umm.” Nevis replied, “They don't seem to be human at all. But I am not sure of what their race is. It's disturbing.”

“Disturbing...Wraiths? Ghost? Skeletons? Monsters? Halflings?” Same popped beside them and asked. 

Nevis glanced at him and her eyes widened, “Halflings!...What are they?”

Nathan coughed, “You don't seem too smart, either...Nevis” 

Nevis glared at him, “Oh shut up.”

“Halflings are the offsprings of cross racers.” Same answered. “They can be any of anything. An example of that can also be demi-demi-humans.” 

“So...A Demi-human paired with a human, huh?” 

Same smiled, “Seems like it.”

“Then, Nevis... When will they come?” Same's mother walked to them and worriedly asked. 

“That...I don't have any idea.” Nevis answered as she eyed Nathan. Nathan shook his head and said, “Neither do I.”

The other female dad elves who happened to pass by, dropped their ears in sadness. A little girl spoke out as she pouted, “They'll come and steal our water!”

“Milly...” The little girl's mother squatted down and patted her daughter's back. 

“But mother! We know that water is scarce and we have an abundant amount in our hands. If this discovery reaches their ears, they'll steal it!” 

“That...That's true.” Another said in agreement. “I heard that wars have begun because of this.”

...

“...I'm leaving this afternoon.” Nevis suddenly said and the atmosphere became more tense. 

“No!” 

Nevis was puzzled, “Why not?”

“Nevis,” Nathan looked at her. “If you go, its our tribe's end.”

6