Chapter 8: Finally Arrived!
85 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A gentle breeze brushed past Joseph's face, as he immersed himself in the vast pasture. The mountains in the backdrop solidified a calm but majestic scenery.

Looking out the opened window of the lounge of the carriage, Joseph was pondering about what happened in the last few days. 

He came to this new world, got a family, swore to protect said family in the former Joseph's stead and had officially started his journey in magic. It was all surreal and almost felt like a fever dream.

Speaking of magic, he's currently doing mana circulations as he inched towards the Mortal Phase. According to Isabella, his progress was much faster than normal and that he shouldn't expect the same for other people. Instead, he should be grateful and work hard to utilize his talent if he wanted to become strong. 

Through little life lessons like this one, Joseph gradually learned some of the common sense in this world. In a way, being put inside a child's body was a blessing in disguise, as he's basically at the level of a toddler when it comes to this completely foreign world. It's better to experience it rather than just relying on someone's memory; in the case where he awakened in an older person's body. It creates a sense of belonging to the world and not just feel you're copy and pasted in.

At this time, Joseph felt his mana circuits getting swollen. He has hit his limit and it was time to stop training for now. He got out of the lotus position and normally sat on the wide chair.

"How was training?"

Isabella was also circulating her mana. She opened her eyes and looked at Joseph with a faint smile hanging on her face. It's always nice to see your son being hard working instead of turning into a frivolous silkpants.

"It went well, I have maximized my capacity for the morning, I'll try again in the afternoon. The [Battle Lurker] technique that Mother bought for me is very good. The amount of pure mana absorbed is high and the circulation itself feels smooth!"

"That's natural, [Battle Lurker] is an Earth Phase technique. This is why I insisted on buying it..." 

"So? This is your first time out of Barren Hills Kingdom, what do you think?""

Isabella deliberately changed the topic into a more casual one.

"It's beautiful! I've also never never seen sheeps with leaves instead of wool."

"En, they are called Bush Sheeps and a specialty of our next pit stop – Wesley City. They are known for their 'natural' taste and mana-dense meat. We'll arrive there at noon so we'll definitely order some."

For the rest of the time, Isabella and Joseph chatted, as the sceneries pass by. They also trained and cuddled Titus who had woken up from his nap after Joseph finished his training. Once Joseph reaches Mortal Phase, he would be able to keep Titus in his Soul Space without the hassle of carrying him around all the time.

Titus left his blanket heaven on the left side of Joseph and jumped into the latter's embrace. Immediately after that, the little rascal dove right straight into the peaks of softness of Isabella. 

          •×•×•×•

After staying in Wesley City during the noon and eating the signature Bush Sheep meat there, Isabella and Joseph set off to Brightbridge City. By the time they arrived, it was already late at 7pm. So after eating dinner, they quickly went to bed. 

In the morning, they started their journey early in the morning to their final destination. There was a whole day of travelling ahead of them. Although they wouldn't be able to sleep at an inn, the carriage provided luxurious accomodation so wasn't so bad. During the night, the servants set up the camp and catered to their Masters' needs. It was to the point that Joseph felt like they were at an outing rather than camping.

The next day, they set off very early at 4am so that they would make it at noon. And soon, after journeying the last stretch, they have arrived.

Looking into the distant horizon, they could see huge walls and the peaks of tall buildings peeking out. At first the buildings were just blurry shadows, but they soon showed their fine architecture as the carriage got closer and closer.

Isabella and Joseph finally arrived in Soaring Eagle City!

Going straight through the enormous gates, guarded by 4 soldiers, a bustling city came into view. However, as busy as it was, the traffic was managed well, as they reached Isabella's home quite quickly without getting stuck on the road. Specifically, it's her family's home, the Snow Family Villa. 

The villa was enormous and looked like one of the medieval castles in ancient times, as it peeks through the white walls of the gate. There were three huge "towers" acting as the foundations. From left to right were huge windows that left no empty space unused. There's also beautiful cravings and intricate details that accentuated the shapes. Things like a lavishly decorated pointed tips on top of the corners added that hint of elegance. 

However, it was only after entering the premises of the villa that one could really feel the scale and majesty of the "home." 

Greeting Isabella and Joseph at the main door of the mansion were five people. All of them were elves with pointed ears; there were two people that looked aged but still vigorous and good-looking, two that were around his mother's age albeit slightly older and finally a young child that's around his age.

Arriving at the people's front, Isabella slightly bowed and greeted the two elderly first. 

"Greetings, Mother, Father."

"..."

"I heard you got attacked? My granddaughter died?"

"Garvin!"

"Hmph~ what? Can I not ask the wellbeing of my daughter and her family?"

"Yes, you can, but stop being crude! Joseph is also here! Really, even after all these years... Sigh~"

The one called Garvin, was Garvin Snow, Isabella's father and Joseph's grandfather. On the other hand, the one reprimanding Garvin was Ursula Snow, Isabella's mother and Joseph's grandmother.

Garvin looked like a lion, he had a well-kept beard for a mane that wrap around his face. He had a sturdy stature and was certainly a warrior who had experienced his fair share of bloodshed. Ursula looked very similar to Isabella, but she was petite. One could say that she had the body type that attracts a certain demographic. 

Because of the two people's opposite looks and auras, the two arguing looked somewhat funny and amusing. Especially when you consider that the one being scolded was the big guy.

"How about we take this inside? Little Sis and Joseph probably hadn't eaten yet. Young man, you're hungry, right?"

"First Brother, Second Brother!"

At this time, one of the two people around Isabella's age took a step forward and butted in the couple's argument. He was dousing the fire with water whilst it was still early.

"En."

Joseph, who was carefully obeserving the situation on the side, was suddenly dragged into the conversation. Even more, he was made the anchor point of the change of topic. He had no choice but to nod.

"Joseph, this is your First Uncle, Uncle Blath. The other man behind him is your Second Uncle, Uncle Belor. Go on, say hi to them."

"Uhmm... Hi Uncle Blath, Uncle Belor, my name is Joseph. I'm 7 years old this year."

"I've heard about you from your mother, you're quite the charmer already and you're still young!"

"Anyways, as what your mother had said, I'm your Uncle Blath and that slick-looking man behind me is your Uncle Belor."

"Yo~" Belor casually greeted.

"Speaking of, I also have a son around your age, his name is David. David, come here and greet your cousin!" Blath then continued. 

"Hello, my name is David. We are the same age. Wanna be friends?"

"Hello David, I'm Joseph. Of course, we can be friends!"

At this time, David suddenly reached out his hand for a handshake. Joseph was caught off guard by this child's activeness but nonetheless shook hands with the former.

However, unbeknownst to everyone present including Joseph and David themselves, this simple handshake today was the start of a beautiful brotherhood that would remain unbreakable for life!

Of course, that's for a story for another time. 

.

.

.

[A/N: If it wasn't obvious in the tags, this novel will be full of r18 and a harem one. Now that the we're very near at the end and the real story starts, I suggest you click away if you don't like r18 and harem. I'll also take this time to ask, would you guys want an Isabella X Agustus scene in the future?]

2