Chapter 12: Too Fast to understand that It was already over
679 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the night where people become less active in the streets...

"Hey, I told you that you need to cough up the doe you bitch!"

"Gah."

Two thugs began beating up a man who was kneeling on the ground while a woman was being played around by the rest of the thugs, thrown by each man who was laughing at the look of fear the woman gave out.

On top of a building...

"Ah, the sweet memories of childhood had come back to me once more..." A voice deeper gave out an eerie and haunting tone, mimicking a ghost that drags its victims to the afterlife.

Donned with a dark mask that covers the entirety of the face, the gaze which gave a cold glint at his target. His body consists of an old look of a Japanese ninja in the past yet its designs consist of a Western trademark which was equipped with two handgun pistols on each side and different kinds of tools that no Ninja shouldn't have in their equipment.

A gauntlet which was a bit bulky on his left hand, consisting of a fanned-shaped metal that stretches to his elbows. After clenching his hands, it quickly fanned out in the shape of a small shield before relaxing and reforming back into a fanned metal plate.

The rest of his clothing was entirely black as a crow's feathers, becoming invisible the moment he touched the shadows, letting him blend in his surroundings.

'A baggy suit was the only thing I could do to hide the Arc Reactor on my body.' Sighed, Liam decided to go for this look as even though it hinders his movements, it doesn't necessarily mean that it would affect the battle against some small-time thugs.

He closes his eyes, simulating a battle on his head, and analyzes every movement the opponent makes as to where he would attack.

'I think I know what to do.' Liam isn't necessarily an expert when it comes to battles as how he was always Trashed by his Uncle during training.

He mostly just simulates battles on his mind like he plays chess before taking action due to how he should move. He didn't simulate the battle during his rescue with Uncle Ben was mainly because he was in a rush to save him.

After grinding his skills by playing RTS games, Liam thought process became faster than before which he stares at the group before jumping off the roof of the building.

'First Step: Land.' He landed quietly by slowing down using drones that were concealed within the surroundings. Using one drone to carry his weight and let him slowly descend to the ground and into the shadows as it quickly flew and hover back to its location as Liam didn't hesitate to move.

'Next Step: Take them out One by One

He sneakily rush to one of the Thugs who was the nearest and cover his mouth with his right hand before injecting a needle in his left before dragging him back into the shadows.

Before the other guys would notice his disappearance, Liam quickly began to move to another Thug with the same fashion over and over as Liam was prepared to get caught as he already was prepared for the next step in his plans.

'Next Step: Take out the one who....' By the time he moves to fight it out, he already noticed that there were only two who were left dumbfounded by his actions. Liam was too absorbed in his quick strikes to know that he had already taken out all the Thugs before a fight broke out.

The girl stares at the black hooded figure that dispatches his opponents quietly and efficiently that he was already standing there by the time she noticed him.

She didn't even hear nor feel the disappearance of the Thugs who were planning on doing something to her as she only saw her boyfriend still stunned by the figure as well.

Liam turned to the girl before ignoring her entirely as he didn't want to waste his time and pull up something from his belt before a white liquid began to shoot out which covers the men with web-like substance.

'There, this should cover-up that this was the work of Peter.'

He didn't waste time talking to people as he did what he needs to do as he began scaling up the wall with just his hands, similarly to how Spiderman climbs up walls.

He didn't plan on sticking to one place as he was already finished with his work, planning on doing multiple runs on Thugs he gathered from Alpha's surveillance around the streets. 

Still unsatisfied with the anti-climatic end with his opponents, he wanted to find more people to see if it was that easy to take out Thugs without fighting back.

He decided to return to his place, tired from fatigue. He was just tired from running around from place to place and taking out thugs just to see if his plans were uncovered.

'Why?! Why is it that easy?!' Liam screams internally in his mind.

He still can't believe that after finding opponents to test out his skills, he ended up taking them out without any issue and with efficiency to boot as well. Such a quick and silent method was something impossible to process in Liam's mind as he was expected to get caught and had to fight his opponents after at least taking out a few thugs before a fight ensues.

What Liam didn't realize was the fact that he was trained up with a guy who can fight deflect projectiles with his blades and even play around with ease didn't register that not everyone could do what Wade could when he spar with him. Unless they have superpowers or have a high perception range to detect Liam, he has always had lower expectations on himself to not notice how skilled Liam was that even normal Thugs were no threat to him at all, even taking out a gang was something simple for him to do if he didn't underestimate himself so much.

'Ugh...I wish Uncle Wade were here to scold me for thinking that normal thugs were ever easy. Probably those guys were just drunk if anything.' Liam dismisses the idea of his opponents being weak as he imagined his opponents were like Wade. He decided that his Vigilante work for the sake of training was stupid and decide that he should leave that work for Peter to handle on his own.

24