Chapter 19: Escape 2
622 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liam knew that his intellect was high but compared to the genius in front of him, he still felt lacking as countless new information about machines and AI slowly flooded his brain as Tony began to talk about the 'weapon' they plan on showing the terrorist.

It's not like Liam isn't a genius as well but how he and Tony's experience and wisdom far differ from one another.

With his knowledge being in top shape while also innovative to make stuff appear in his eyes, Tony can create anything he wants as long as he has the resources and theories to back him up.

As for Liam, his intellect differs greatly due to his lack of knowledge and the knack for diverting into different fields slowly comes to limit his innovation yet he didn't complain or felt envious of Tony who could make stuff appear out of thin air but understood his limits and weaknesses.

For a start, he began to be taught by Yinsen on all the medical knowledge he had acquired in his lifetime, teaching Liam about the deeper anatomy of humans or studying how deep the human body works.

Liam's mind began to expand on the knowledge while listening deeply to Yinsen's teachings as he realizes that he had appreciated Liam's company.

While Tony had kept him company, chatting on passing scientific knowledge. Liam was a kid who was like a sponge being thrown into a lake. Sucking in knowledge while also questioning some insights he couldn't understand, Yinsen began to grow fond of Liam and his knowledge-seeking mindset.

Working on two things cause the terrorist to soften their guard and even feel lax seeing how cooperative the scientist were to fulfill their demands.

Abu Bakaar also sees that the prisoners are doing well but he wasn't dumb at all. Especially how he perceives Liam to be more of a threat than anything, considering he was quite calm for a kid being in this situation.

"Heh, not like I'll fulfill the deal anyways." He smirks as he could see the faces of these people after building his weapons and then betraying them at the last second. The joys of giving them hope, only to put it down gave his desires an exciting joy in his heart.

After spending time with each other, all three of them grow a bond in the small room, smiling and bantering, even when they were held hostages as Tony and Liam's hatred with one another lessen and grew a bit more close bond with each other.

Tony could see that Liam's a hard worker while the opposite viewed to be a person who was slowly changing from his arrogance.

Yinsen could even feel that both of their banters were less of a mocking and more of a compliment than anything.

"Tony, this should fit here since you can deploy the weapon systems by activating on this switch."

"Oh...? Not bad. I could come up with this if you haven't told me."

"You wish. You just got too preoccupied with the thrusters because you wanted this tin can fly."

"Hahaha."

Even with their predicament, they still have time to have fun around in their situation until Abu had enough and decided to intervene because his Boss, Raza needed them now to show the might of the Ten Rings.

Tony and Yinsen began to admire their iron weapon when Liam sensed that the terrorists are coming into the room.

"Tony! Get in, Now!"

Liam quickly pulls Yinsen to the door in an attempt to distract them for long enough, just buying time till Tony could start the suit.

But when the door opens to see Abu's sinister smile, Liam knew due to understanding one's nature as he push Yinsen away but it was too late.

*Bang*

"I have enough playing around."

Liam's eyes were still focused on Yinsen, the man who he just knew recently, a doctor whose only goal was to save people.

'I'm a doctor yet there are still things in life where I couldn't save.'

Everything was silent in Liam's eyes as the memories of them both still lingers in his mind.

'My wife and child...I wish I could watch both of them grow old with me. However, life always has things to be taken. The life I save, I must repay.'

Abu's eyes widen as Liam quickly cuts his hand off, using a sharpened metal he used while building the missile. He didn't hesitate and began shooting Abu and his men after taking his gun.

"Haah....haah...."

'Liam, if I die during our escape. Please promise me that....'

"Fuck! God fucking dammit!"

"............"

Tony finally turned on the suit and began walking towards Liam yet seeing Yinsen, his body unmoving, he could only feel pain in his chest after remembering how he mended the two's squabble, the man smiling at their antics.

He now finally realize that he, a man who solely focuses on himself, now realize what self-sacrifice was after knowing more about the man, currently gone from the world.

Tony and Liam had felt the pain of losing someone they had befriended with in these dire times.

The laughter, their intellect and a bond which they grow with each passing time.

Yinsen with his humbleness to save others, Tony's innovative mindset to see things that differ and expand the tech of the world, Liam's playful yet progressive sight to understand the good in humanity.

Inside this small room being hostages, these three people created a strong bond against the pain they endured.

Yet....

"Lets go Tony. Doc wanted us to escape and I'm sure as hell I'm going make them at least suffer while escaping."

Liam grabbed an Ak from a terrorist while arming himself up, he took Yinsen's glasses as a sign of momento before taking out a bag full of explosives which he toss a few inside the room.

Tony understand what Liam means as he began to move forward while Liam sticks behind Tony as he began their escape from the base.

With the Iron Giant being the front, soaking the terrorists bullets, he easily mowed them down with a flame thrower attached to his arm.

Liam shot down those men who are armed with RPGs, letting Tony kill the terrorist without any issues. He quickly break away from Tony as he needed to get a vehicle to escape while Tony distracts them.

[Tony, Deal as much damage as you can while distracting those terrorist while I sneak during the chaos and steal one of the vehicles. Your suit is powerful but its not invulnerable.]

Liam planned this beforehand while they were working on the Iron Giant in the blind view of the camera. He knew that the Iron Giant could help in taking out as many terrorist as they want yet they might die if they didn't have a plan in mind.

[After stealing a vehicle, I'll take Yinsen away from here and you'll be flying on the....]

Their plan easily worked due to the Terrorist fully focus on destroying the Iron Giant as Liam successfuly hijack one of the pick-up truck which was still turned on during the chaos.

Taking out the gunner and checking the fuel, Liam began to drive through the terrorist, only a few noticed him which he easily escape and drove far from the base.

[Then, once we successfuly escape, detonate the bombs inside, causing a chain reaction with the bombs I place while we escape. Using that as a distraction, fly away through the west side where we would meet you there and drive away to the nearest army base....]

"Hahaha.....I never thought my crazy idea work Doc...."

Liam finally drove far enough from the base and stop, waiting for Tony to arrive as he took out the glasses and smile at it while holding his tears.

"We did it Doc. We escaped...."

He crouch down and sob loudly in the scorching heat of the dessert, only his cry and the explosion on the distance could be heard in the vast yellow sands, a painful memory that burned through his mind while hearing a rocket began to fly towards him.

The Metal Giant survived yet was damage beyond repair, only broke down once it landed just close enough where it didn't crash on Liam still sulking in the truck.

26