Chapter 38: Is this some kind of event in Monaco?
675 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is this some special Event in Monaco?" Liam lamented, believing that this was just a special event in Monaco. Wanting to believe that this crazy half-naked russian man to be a paid actor to cause some scene right in front of a racing gallery.

Ignoring the mass panic of people scrambling to run away, Liam quickly begins to observe his surroundings as he felt like there was more to this than it needs to be.

'How did this terrorist easily entered the field with the security on tight while there's also several checkpoints before he can even enter the stadium?'

'While his tech is different, there's also slight similarities with Stark such as the arc reactor in his chest.'

'Now that I think of it, seeing the similarities, is the terrorist after tony?'

While thinking of some possibilities, he was quickly pulled by Vanessa who was pale as she needed to get the kids and Liam out of trouble.

"Liam, we need to go. Now!"

"R-right!"

Snapping back to reality, he quickly turned to Peter and Harry who also saw the scene as Peter needed to get somewhere inconspicuous to done his suit. Liam needed a way for that as he turned to Harry which he also turned to him and nodded.

'I need you to go with Peter while I distract the others so he can put on his suit. Got it?'

'Got it.' Liam and Harry nodded with each other as Peter had already told his Secret to Harry due to still being best friends and all. Plus with Liam's trust on Peter gave him the confidence to confide his secret to Harry since their friendship still hold strong due to Liam's involvement in holding those bond together which they continued to be friends till now.

He didn't need to force himself to keep it a secret but he didn't need to hide it to two of his best friends who had kept the trust between them as all three of them agreed to protect Peter's secret while Harry wants to be like him but decided to train since he isn't powerful as Peter who has superpowers.

"Aunt Vanessa. Me and Peter need to look for Aunt May and Uncle Ben who had separated from us earlier. Liam, Please take care of the girls while we're gone."

"Harry? We're coming with you!" Gwen and MJ tried to follow behind them in panic as they had already rushed out and was swallowed by the crowd, disappearing from their sights.

"Guys. We need to move. Auntie, you head first while I stay at the back to safeguard the kids...." They began to rush out outside the building as a woman's scream could be heard as everyone turned around to see Tony being persued by the terrorist while dodging his attacks.

"Tony! You'll pay for your father's treachery!" The russian man swung his whips in glee, toying with Tony who almost had his feet cut off by the electrified whip that had wrecked his vehicle. Fear could be seen from his face as he was totally defenseless without his armor on him.

Time begins to slow down Liam just stares at the predicament he was in. Thinking of the obvious choice to leave Tony there alone since he needed to protect Vanessa and the others from harm.

'I can't just leave this guys undefended since they are important to me.'

'Plus there's also the cops to....'

He stared at the police which was suppose to help Tony as his eyes widen to see how those people are totally scared shitless by the man with the whip.

They were basically just standing there, terrified at the scene before them as Liam could see that there was no way that they would help someone when they couldn't even move their legs.

'I-i can't....' Liam didn't need to risk his life since he has someone to protect behind him. The people who he had invited on this trip to sightsee the country and have fun.

Plus, Vanessa didn't want him to get hurt which he knew that he shouldn't do.

'But...'

[Liam, please take care of Tony for me. He might look like a bad man but deep inside him, he's a good person.]

'Y-yinshen....Dammit!' He gritted his teeth as he really feel like there was an invisible force, pushing him to court death as he began to run.

Not outside the stadium, but towards fence, to the battlefield.

"Liam!"

"Big Bro?"

"L-liam?!"

Vanessa, the boy who was held by Vanessa and Felicia turned wide eyed, seeing Liam rushing off back at the stadium as he sprinted towards a nearby cop who was frozen in place while holding his gun, not trying to interfere as he struck in place after seeing the man just instantly tear apart a vehicle with his whip with no effort and he didn't want to take any risk by angering him.

Yet Liam...

"Sorry man. I need your gun."

With an instant to snatch the guard's gun right under him without noticing, Liam's speed quickly picked up as he stepped on a nearby chair and using it as a boost to jump up, which it gave enough height to reach the metallic wires and jumped at a second time to reach the scene right before the man was about to swing his whip right at Tony.

*Bang Bang*

The man notice that there was a blind hero trying to help Tony as he had dodge the first shot Liam had fired yet it wasn't enough to dodge the second one which had penetrated the right side of his stomach.

He coughs up a bit of blood as he glares at the assailant while Tony's eyes widen at Liam who had fired a gun and help him in a predictament.

"Liam?!"

"Dammit kid. I'll kill you for interfering at my revenge!"

The man grits his teeth while swinging his whips at Liam who quickly dodges away, completely missing his attacks as it only made him angrier as he switch his pursuit to Liam.

Liam glances at his pistol and understand the weapon on his hand as he knew that he needed to aim precisely and to not waste his bullets around.

Tony was daze at the fact that Liam was helping him which he then notices Liam swinging his arms behind his back, indicating that he was sending a signal to Tony.

Tony understands that he'll be useless without his armor as he quickly pulls out a communicator to call Happy to get his suit from the car.

Back at the fight, Liam could feel the electric shock from the whip as his face begins to sweat, feeling the tension of the weapon on the criminal's hands as he knew that one mistake would end up his life if he gets hit by one of those.

'3-5mins is enough. I just need to buy them time.' He focuses on his battle, ignoring the screaming of Vanessa and the others as he shouldn't lose focus if he wants to survive.

"Since you rob me of my prey. I'll just rob your life instead!" The man smiles as he began his onslaught of attacks as Liam dodges the whip with the near inch of his life.

Left and right, he dances the sharp, electrifying edge of the whip as Liam carefully analyzes his opponents as he realizes that while the weapon was dangerous for him. The user was inexperienced at using it.

He uses the gun to pick out the nearest whip which he couldn't dodge and shot it to at least edge to give him room to get away. The bullet couldn't penetrate the whip but at least it gave opportunity for him to dodge as the pressure was enough to give him room to escape as the man could see that Liam was an expert.

He started to sweat as he knows that Liam was approaching him as even if he could hit Liam once and it would be the end of it, it was only where he could even hit him at all.

Liam was growing closer and closer to him as he then noticed that Liam had then run out of ammo, using his last bullet to deflect the incoming whip as he tosses the gun towards him which he easily cut it off with no effort with his whip.

"What now little brat?" The man smiles as Liam was now defenceless as he then suddenly bolt towards him as he swings his whips which this time, the man was given a freight of his life after seeing Liam's next set of movements.

15