Chapter 007 : Nangong Iren
140 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Iren was walking casually when he saw Shannchyuan walking in front of him. Iren was a bit surprised because it seemed that Shannchyuan was heading in a different direction earlier. His friend suddenly stopped walking and looked at the big mall across the street. The distance between Iren and Shannchyuan was about fifteen meters, so Iren could clearly see what Shannchyuan was doing. As usual, even this time, Shannchyuan seemed to be so absent-minded that he didn't notice Iren's presence about fifteen meters from him. Iren followed Shannchyuan's gaze across the street. His eyes were fixed on a girl who was standing in front of the mall entrance. Even though the distance was quite far, Iren could still clearly see the girl's figure.

It took little time for Iren to realize something. Iren remembered that he saw Shannchyuan having a conversation with a girl on his way home yesterday. He did not approach them because he did not want to disturb them. Besides, Iren was exhausted and needed a warm bath. After catching a glimpse, he immediately went home and took a shower. Iren had forgotten entirely what happened. Now, he remembered when he saw Shannchyuan was staring at the girl across the street.

It turned out Shannchyuan then crossed the street and followed the girl into the mall. Iren thought they agreed to meet each other today. Iren smiled. No wonder Shannchyuan seemed to want to leave quickly. After that, Iren went on his way to settle his own business.

Yesterday, before meeting Tsaehorng, Iren actually had a plan about what he wanted to do today. The meeting with Tsaehorng made Iren have to change a little the plan he had made. He was going to meet one of his friends very early in the morning, just before his friend left for work. But because he had to go to the station, he had to meet his friend at the place where he worked after finishing his business at the station. Fortunately, this morning Iren had the chance to call his friend about the change of plans. Because previously, Iren also didn't know how long it would take him to finish his business at the station, so he couldn't decide exactly when he would come to his friend's place. Before leaving the station, Iren called his friend again to inform him that he was ready to go to his friend's place of work. His friend's place of work was a bit far. Iren had to change buses twice to get there. 

Iren's friend was Iren's co-worker before they were both laid off about ten weeks ago. Iren's friend immediately got a new job, while Iren was still unlucky. Even though they didn't work in the same place anymore, Iren was still in touch with his friend. In fact, it wasn't just the two of them who were dismissed weeks ago. Several others have suffered the same fate. But from the start, Iren was not very close to the other people. So he did not know the news and where they were now.

The place where his friend worked was a fairly well-known bakery. Iren's friend was not a baker. He worked as an administrative staff there. It was not lunchtime yet, so Iren's friend had a little trouble asking to leave for a while. Luckily, he finally got permission. Iren didn't know what his friend said to his boss. Iren didn't really care. The important thing was that now he could talk to him.

They both then entered a coffee shop located not far from Iren's friend's office. At home, Iren rarely drank coffee. Shannchyuan didn't drink coffee at all, so the other residents also avoided drinking coffee over time. Even outside the house, Iren rarely drinks coffee. Except for times like this, when someone asked him to drink coffee.

"You can't wait to hear about that empty apartment, huh?" Asked Iren's friend.

"That's right. Next week we have to leave the house," said Iren.

"I'm afraid I have to give you some unpleasant news."

"Eh?" Iren bowed languidly.

Surely the place was not empty anymore. Maybe that place has not become our sustenance. I get the feeling perhaps we are not matched with that apartment.

Iren took a deep breath. It is time to find another way. Iren realized he should not give up. Precisely in critical moments like this, usually, a person's hidden potential will appear on the surface. He was sure that they would soon find a way out.

Iren's friend looked at him with pitying eyes. He slowly explained. "The owner of the apartment has canceled his intention to rent out the apartment."

"Does he want to raise the price?" Iren hoped that if the asking price was a little higher than before, maybe he and his friends would consider accepting the new price.

"It’s not about money. Not at all. He wants his nephew to live in the apartment."

"Why all of a sudden?"

"Look. A few months ago, the nephew had an accident. After that, he was a little dazed. The doctor said that the nephew should rest completely. So he gave the apartment for the nephew to live in."

"Didn't he have a home before?"

"Of course I have."

"Then what is the real reason?"

"The landlord didn't want to elaborate. But then I managed to get the apartment owner's private driver to talk more."

"It must be something that actually happened was not that simple."

"You're right. The driver said that the accident was actually terrible. The nephew fell into a coma. Almost all the joints in his body were broken."

"What was the accident?"

"The driver said it was a parachuting accident."

"Oh! That's dreadful. Then, how is his condition now?"

"That's strange. With such a severe condition, even if he was conscious, it would take a very long time to recover his physical condition. But after he realized, suddenly the nephew was able to walk. The broken bones seemed to heal by themselves. He just didn't remember anything. "

"That's so weird!" Iren gawked at the strange narrative that came out of his friend's mouth.

"That's right. What's even stranger is that anyone is forbidden to meet or talk to the nephew."

"So what is the connection between that incident and the cancellation of the apartment rental?" Iren still didn't understand.

"The driver said that the nephew used to spend his childhood in the apartment. There were about ten years he lived there. So they hope that by living there, little by little his memory will come back."

"It's uncertain," said Iren.

"Of course it's uncertain. But they decided to try everything. If in three months there is no progress, then they will send the nephew to Tianjing. There the health facilities are more complete."

Tianjing was a gigantic city that was the center of everything in this new world. Political, economic, cultural, and other centers. There, the Son of Heaven reigned.

"So there's hope for another three months?"

"I can't promise. I only heard that from the driver. So, I don't know what's really going on in the owner's head."

"Well then. Maybe that place hasn't been our fortune. Maybe next time we'll have better luck."

"I will continue to look for information about houses or apartments for rent at low prices," said Iren's friend.

"Thank you."

They couldn't stay there long. Iren's friend had to go back to work. He hadn't worked there for three months yet, so it's best not to make a fatal mistake.

1