Chapter 009 : Duanmuh Shannchyuan
138 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Linqhwu Ueideng began to told Shannchyuan. About a week ago, Songfei called Linqhwu. He said that three weeks earlier, one of his friends had disappeared. At first, Songfei only thought that his friend was just on some kind of vacation. However, after a week of no news, Songfei started an investigation. After several days of investigating the matter, Songfei discovered that the events of his friend's disappearance led him to some surprising facts.

"What did Songfei find?" Shannchyuan was very curious.

"He didn't tell me. He didn't even say the name of his missing friend either."

"Then why did Songfei call you if he didn't want to explain what he found?"

"It's regarding Songfei's important item." Linqhwu Ueideng lowered his voice.

"Did Songfei ask you to go to Dafeisy Tower?"

"No. He asked me to tighten the guard on his belongings which I had kept."

Linqhwu Ueideng's last sentence was quite confusing to Shannchyuan. "So you have kept that Songfei's belongings for a long time?"

"About four months ago, Songfei left me a wooden box. He didn't say what was in the box and neither did I ask. He said that he had entrusted the box to me for the time being. One week ago, he told me I should move the box to another storage area. Songfei was worried that someone would steal the box."

"Do many people know where you keep the wooden box?"

"Do you mean the original place where I kept the item?"

"Yes. That's what I mean."

"The only ones who know are Songfei and I. I told no one. So if someone else found out, then it's likely that Songfei himself accidentally said that to someone else."

"So, have you moved the box to another storage place?"

"That's the problem! When I was about to take the box, it turned out that the wooden box was no longer there. Someone had already taken it out."

"Doesn't the storage case have a key?"

"Of course there is a key. I don't know how anyone can take it from there."

"That storage case wasn't forcibly opened?"

"No. Everything seems normal. It's just that Songfei's wooden box isn't there anymore."

"Where do you keep the wooden box?"

"In the columbarium where I keep my grandfather's ashes."

After hearing Linqhwu Ueideng's words, Shannchyuan realized that Songfei was in serious trouble this time. He must be on to something hazardous. Not just avoiding the pursuit of debt collectors, as has happened before.

"Have you told Songfei this already?" Because of thinking about many things, Shannchyuan lost focus when he asked Linqhwu.

"After finding out that Songfei's box was gone, I can't contact Songfei. When he called me a week ago, after asking me to move his thing, he told me not to tell anyone about this. At that time, I thought Songfei might be hiding because he was being chased by some bad people. Previously, he had also faced situations that required him to hide himself for some time."

"Then what makes you now tell me this?" Shannchyuan asked.

"Although Songfei forbade me to tell other people about this, he also said that if anything dangerous happened, then I could ask what to do from two people who he thought were worthy of trust."

"Who are those two people?"

“The first is Duanmuh Shannchyuan.”

This was something Shannchyuan had guessed.

“The second one is Jongharng Chioujen!”

"Chioujen?" Shannchyuan raised his eyebrows. Among the friends who lived in the same house as Shannchyuan, Songfei was the least familiar with Chioujen. The two of them rarely interacted. It would be a bit strange if it turned out that Songfei actually put his trust in Chioujen.

"When Songfei said that, I didn't ask him why he trusts you and Mr. Jongharng. After the wooden box disappeared, I tried to investigate it myself. But I found nothing. Maybe it's because I really don't have the ability to investigate things at all."

"Why didn't you look for me?" Shannchyuan asked.

"I don't know where you and Mr. Jongharng live."

"Did Songfei never give you my address or home phone number?"

"He did give it to me. In fact, it's been a long time. As I recall, long before four months ago. But I was clumsy. I forgot where I put the note containing your address and telephone number."

Shannchyuan considered whether he needed to tell him the call he had received from Songfei earlier. And even right now, he was heading to Dafeisy Tower to fulfill Songfei's request. But after thinking for a while, Shannchyuan decided to postpone telling Linqhwu Ueideng about this. In his letter, Songfei said not to tell anyone about it. Songfei didn't write anyone's name as an exception. So, for now, Shannchyuan couldn't inform Linqhwu Ueideng of everything he had done and would do.

"This is not a simple matter. What if I asked you to give me three days to think about what steps we should take?"

Linqhwu looked a bit dubious. Shannchyuan understood that person was anxious about Songfei's safety.

"I know that in these three days, the situation could become more and more unfavorable for Songfei. But I believe that kid is much smarter than we imagined."

Linqhwu finally nodded.

"This is my phone number and home address," Shannchyuan said. He handed Linqhwu Ueideng a business card. The business card was the rest of the business cards he had. At home, maybe only four or five pieces are left.

Linqhwu looked at the business card. It seemed he had something to say. Shannchyuan waited for the person to ask any question, but he said nothing else.

"But soon I will be moving. I don't know where to move yet. Later, I will contact you again when I have found a definite place to live."

Linqhwu Ueideng nodded at Shannchyuan's statement. He took his wallet out of his trouser pocket. From the billfold, he took out a light green business card. He held out the business card to Shannchyuan.

"Thank you sir," said Shannchyuan. He took a good look at the business card. The size is slightly larger than the size of a business card in general. "May I ask for one more, sir? Just like you, sometimes I am also careless in keeping business cards."

Linqhwu took out another business card from his wallet. After that, he returned to pocket the billfold that looked a little shabby. "Thank you, sir, for listening to me," said Linqhwu Ueideng. "Even though I have asked you for help, I will continue to try to find out about Songfei's whereabouts."

"Thank you, sir. Even though I asked for three days, but during these three days I also will not stand still." Shannchyuan tried to make his voice sound full of conviction. He didn't want to discourage the person sitting in front of him. He was determined to do his best.

"Okay, sir! Please continue your journey." Linqhwu Ueideng stood up and nodded respectfully to Shannchyuan.

Shannchyuan immediately left the food court. He had missed the train. Luckily, the next train arrived less than five minutes later. It's almost rush hour, so the frequency of train arrivals was getting closer.

1