Chapter 016 : Jongharng Chioujen
145 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Today really is a strange day," Chioujen muttered to himself. Chioujen then looked around for the item that Songfei asked him to keep. But he did not find the big blue bag he was looking for.

"It might have been taken by Beaushu." Chioujen once again said to himself. He often did things like that when he was alone. This was another thing that he had subconsciously imitated from Shannchyuan.

Maybe it's because I haven't given an answer for too long, so Songfei asked Beaushu to pick up and store his things. But where should I give the answer? In his letter, he did not write about how I would contact him.

To be sure, then Chioujen searched all the rooms in the unit once again. He didn't find it. After a bit of deliberation, Chioujen intended to take a shower before resting. He really had to sleep to recover his strength. Tomorrow morning, he will just decide what steps he will take next.

Water still flows smoothly in this building. So Chioujen could bathe in peace. After bathing, he felt hungry. Remembered that he hadn't had dinner yet. This unit had a kitchen. Chioujen opened the cupboard that was there to see if there were any edible ingredients. It turned out that there were still several packets of instant noodles.

The kitchen was also equipped with an electric stove, microwave, and several other cooking utensils. He immediately cooked the instant noodles.

While eating, he kept thinking about Shannchyuan. Hannrong didn't see him coming home. Shannchyuan couldn't possibly just leave the building.

If he doesn't see Hannrong below, there is no way Beaushu will just leave. He will definitely lock the building doors and gates. Is there any chance Beaushu still here?

To Chioujen's knowledge, Songfei only rented one unit in this building. So it was improbable that Shannchyuan was in another unit inside this building. Shannchyuan couldn't possibly have the keys to any other unit in this building, so there was nowhere to hide.

Then who are those people? What are they looking for in this building? Was the sedan parked on the street in front of this building's yard their car?

Thousands of questions filled Chioujen's mind. He decided to just go to sleep. Although there were no beds in this unit, there were some sleeping bags inside one room. Chioujen and friends had also slept inside the unit using a sleeping bag. After finding the sleeping bag, he immediately took the sleeping bag to the main room and slept there.

Chioujen didn't know how many hours he had been asleep when he suddenly woke up. His throat felt dry. He went to the kitchen to get a drink of water. After that, he intended to go back to sleep. Suddenly Chioujen realized something. He quickly got up and sat on a chair in the main room. He remembered there was a place in the building that might become a temporary hiding place.

Why didn't I think of that?

Chioujen grabbed his bag and searched for something inside. He took a flashlight. After that, he entered a room inside the unit that functioned as a warehouse. After searching for a while, he picked up an iron rod that looked like a baseball stick. It turned out to be quite heavy. Then rushed out of the unit door and headed for the stairs. He chose to use the stairs to be more free to move. In fact, he could run if at any time there was a danger that threatened.

Chioujen descended to the ninth floor. He remembered Shannchyuan had said that there was a room on the ninth floor rented by a friend of Songfei's. Shannchyuan didn't tell himself which unit he was referring to. Chioujen also didn't know Shannchyuan knew exactly or had only heard of Songfei. It was possible that Songfei also held the key to the unit's door on the ninth floor and then sent it to Shannchyuan. Of course, the only way to be sure is to check one by one the units on the ninth floor.

Chioujen had already arrived on the ninth floor. Suddenly, he heard the sound of something falling.

There's something on this ninth floor!

He opened the stairwell door very carefully. After pausing for a while, he began to walk without making a sound. With short strides, he crept toward the front door of one unit on the floor.

It was dark because there were no lights in the corridor or in the units on the ninth floor that were lit. Chioujen aimed the flashlight he was carrying up to the ceiling to see if there was anything stuck above. Then he also pointed the flashlight down to check the surface of the tiles on the ninth floor. He couldn't find anything suspicious. When he passed through one of the unit doors on the ninth floor, he saw a streak of bright light coming out of a small gap under the unit's entrance.

Is there anyone inside?

Chioujen looked at the door in front of him. Then he put his left ear to the door leaf. Of course, Chioujen was aware that such efforts would not yield the results he wanted. Chioujen didn't have any superpowers, so he couldn't possibly hear any sound from behind the door. But somehow, he still did it. Sometimes Chioujen, like Shannchyuan, did things for no apparent reason.

The ray of light that had seemed to come out of the small gap under the door was now out of sight. Chioujen then grabbed the doorknob and tried to open it. Turned out it wasn't locked.

Maybe someone is in this unit!

Chioujen hesitated for a moment. He was undecided whether to continue or to return to the tenth floor. He had no right to barge into this ninth floor's unit.

But what about the sound of the falling object? What if someone is injured or unconscious?

Chioujen then made up his mind to step into the unit. He felt he had no bad intentions. Once inside, he closed the door again. After that, he looked around for the light switch. The layout of the rooms in this unit was almost the same as the layout of the rooms in the unit rented by Songfei on the tenth floor. It wasn't long before he found the switch in the main room.

After the lights came on, Chioujen immediately inspected the main room. He didn't find anything suspicious. Everything seems to be in its proper position.

What light did I see?

Chioujen then tried to open the rooms inside the unit. But the rooms were locked. He then knocked on each door of the rooms and asked if anyone was inside. It turned out that there was no answer. Chioujen then sat on the sofa in the main room. He was still undecided about what to do. He could not determine whether behind the locked doors there was someone behind or not. After sitting for about three minutes, he finally decided to check the other units on the ninth floor.

Chioujen then left the unit. When he passed the other units, he witnessed the same thing that had happened before. In the unit next to the one Chioujen had entered, he also saw a beam of light coming out of the gap under the unit's entrance. This time, without waiting for the light to go out, Chioujen immediately grabbed the door handle. He immediately opened the door.

When the door opened, Chioujen saw a dazzling light. Because it was so bright, Chioujen couldn't see anything except the bright light. Three seconds later, Chioujen's vision became blurry. The blurry vision quickly turned to darkness. Chioujen lost his sight!

Chioujen was surprised. He staggered. Unable to see, Chioujen hit the wall inside the unit. His head hit the wall hard. Chioujen then felt his head hurt a lot. Then he fell to the floor. Chioujen tried to get up, but the pain in his head made it difficult for him to concentrate. What's more, he couldn't see anything.

After much effort, Chioujen finally managed to stand up. He tried to walk. His hands were reaching forward, trying to find a grip. After walking three steps, he tripped over something. Maybe one of the furniture in the main room of the unit. Chioujen then fell to the ground. This time, his head hit the floor. Chioujen groaned in pain. Five seconds later, he was unconscious.

1