Chapter 040 : Dongfang Jenqyih
139 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Indeed, Jenqyih has little knowledge about this. Back then, many years ago, when he had just graduated from University. There was a strange company trying to recruit him. On a whim, Jenqyih took the tests held at the company. The tests he took were quite bizarre. But even more strangely, even though Jenqyih felt like he failed every time he took part in the test, it turned out that he always passed to the next round. Until finally, he was accepted to work at the company. After only two months of working, Jenqyih was transferred to another place. There, Jenqyih was told that the company where Jenqyih worked was actually just a front company of a secret agency tasked with collecting intelligence data. They informed Jenqyih had to undergo some necessary training.

At that point, Jenqyih immediately refused to be assigned to the agency. With a firm determination, he decided to resign. One of them, who previously introduced himself as the manager, tried to convince Jenqyih not to do that. He persuaded Jenqyih to try to be there for at least half a year first. Since his attempts to resign proved futile, Jenqyih finally agreed to attend a short six-month training course. Since the position offered to Jenqyih was administrative, the training did not include training to improve physical endurance, so six months was sufficient for basic training. He would have to attend other training if he decided to continue to work in that company after six months.

Not even four months after Jenqyih's training, his father suddenly fell ill. Because his father's illness was quite severe, Jenqyih asked for permission to go home to visit his father. His request was granted. After a week at home, it turned out that Jenqyih didn't want to come back. He did not give news for two weeks, so the agency forcibly came to his house to pick him up. In fact, Jenqyih was deliberately determined to do that so that he would be fired. But it turns out he only got a warning. They ordered Jenqyih to resume his training immediately.

Three weeks later, there was a big event on the training grounds. Jenqyih became a hero because somehow, he managed to do something that saved many people there. When the company was about to give him the award, Jenqyih only asked for one thing, namely, to be allowed to leave the institution. Because Jenqyih had insisted, they finally granted Jenqyih's request. On the condition that Jenqyih will never tell anyone about his involvement with the institution. The significant events that happened there should not be told to anyone at all. Therefore, until this moment, Jenqyih has never opened his mouth about this period of his life to other people. When someone asked, he just said that during that time, he worked in another branch of the first company where he worked. He immediately resigned a few months later because he felt he was not suited to work there. So far, everyone believed the story.

"So Yihge guessed all these things from a long time ago?" Shinnshiow's question made Jenqyih wake up from his past memories.

"Not really. What I still don't know is whether that person is in the same group as the two he trailed."

"If they are members of the same group, why does that person have to follow his two friends?"

"Maybe they are from the same group, but the two people don't know that they are being watched. This is a natural thing. In the past, when we were still working at the company in our hometown, wasn't there also a team in charge of supervising us? Sometimes we don't even know who was assigned to watch over us," said Jenqyih.

Shinnshiow nodded. "But not necessarily they are from the same group."

"You're right. They don't necessarily belong to the same group. They could even be enemies."

"Then what should we do now?" Shinnshiow's voice trembled slightly.

"First, we have to confirm that they are indeed following us."

"How to be sure?"

"Soon we will change buses. If they are still following, then we are indeed their target."

The bus then stopped at a stop. This time five passengers got on, but no one got off.

"We'll get off at the next stop," Jenqyih whispered.

1