Chapter 047 : Towering Tress
158 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He caught his breath for a moment. After that, he observed his surroundings. The land that stretched out before him was entirely uneven. As far as his eyes could see, there was a land whose contours rose and fell drastically. Crossing a steep slope like this was not a simple thing, especially when someone was hungry and thirsty. Many trees filled the green hills that were towering in front of him. Various types and shapes of trees adorn the scenery above the hills that were there. He could see the big, tall trees towering majestically. But there were also trees that were wrinkled and covered with bent and crooked branches.

The man looked back. He hoped no one was there. Right now, he couldn't trust anyone. He tried not to think about negative things for a while. He then saw again the hills that stretched out in front of him. The road ahead of him was still very long.

He deeply sighed while pressing his palms against the rugged rock face. Slowly, he decided to rise from this cold and hard rock. After that, he tried to force his two legs to support his body. He stood up.

With short strides, he began to walk. The ground he stepped on felt a bit chewy. Not infrequently, when he hit the ground, his feet sank to the ankles. But he continued to walk on the ground. When he stepped on it, it felt like treading on a soft surface.

Soon after that, he arrived at a vast meadow. Weeds and grass grew wild and swirled in front of him. Even though the grass looked harmless, the leaves' surfaces were smoothed and sharp. Not only did those things make his ankles itch when he passed there, but sometimes he felt sore when the weeds scratched his hands and face.

He hobbled through the expanse of weeds. Several times, he nearly slipped. The feeling of tired hit him again. What made him able to go on were the remnants of the spirit he kept on tightly.

Almost half an hour, he walked like that. When he finally arrived at the end of the expanse of thatch, he came across a paved road. At that moment, his thoughts drifted. He was in a semi-conscious state. That man had not realized he had arrived at a road that vehicles could pass. He should have stopped at the side of this paved road, but he continued walking toward the middle of the road.

From the left side, someone drove a car at high speed. The road was quiet so that the car's driver was running his vehicle at speed above average. He did not see that someone walked out from behind the towering weeds. Moreover, that person suddenly appeared on a slightly curved part of the road.

The driver seemed to be trying hard to hit the brake pedal to stop the vehicle. But it was too late, the car did slow down, but it couldn't stop suddenly like that. Instantly, the car hit the person who didn't even realize that he had dragged his feet into the middle of the road.

The person who just had been hit still didn't realize what was happening. The impact of the car knocked him down. He felt pain all over his body. With the remaining strength, he could still move his body. He turned his body so that now he was lying on the surface of the road, looking up at the sky. From inside the car, several people came out. They immediately approached and surrounded him. He wanted to say something, but no sound came out of his mouth. He felt more and more tired and tired. Then his vision began to blur. When it's finally dark, he's completely unconscious.

1