Chapter 056 : Jongharng Chioujen
141 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took several hours before he finally arrived at Jongharng station. When he set foot there, Chioujen, who was hungry again, immediately stopped by one stall in the station for lunch. This time he ordered spicy eggplant grilled chicken. Although he had known for a long time that the menu existed in one restaurant there, he had never tried the dish. Whether it was because he was starving or if the food was really delicious, Chioujen ordered another serving. During this half-year, he was so busy working that he rarely got the chance to travel or just have fun in public places. Chioujen's salary is indeed quite large at the company where he works, but his work is very time-consuming. Sometimes he just didn't have enough time for lunch. So often, he only eats modestly in the office or in other places where he was assigned to work.

After all the food slid into his stomach, Chioujen headed to the mall to look for clothes. He had to buy clothes that could cover his face and body. Chioujen purchased a magazine, a baseball cap that he could bend to fit in a pocket, two pairs of sunglasses of entirely different styles, trousers, and a reversible jacket with a hood. He then replaced his pants with the pants he had just bought. After that, he walked towards the luggage storage section at the station. The backpack he was carrying, although not too heavy, was enough to limit his movement. He intended to put it in the station locker until tomorrow night when he returned home.

Coming out of the station, Chioujen ambled towards his house. He wanted to check something. Among other things was the existence of unknown people who were watching their homes. Entering their housing complex, Chioujen sat at a substation not too far from their house. The substation was not walled. It only comprised eight pillars. Its unique octagonal shape made Chioujen happy to sit there. It just so happened that the booth was empty, so Chioujen could freely sit there without worrying about disturbing others. Usually, there was always someone sitting there.

He watched the area while pretending to read the magazine he was carrying. Several people were seen passing by in front of the substation, but they did not stop. There were also people sitting not far from where Chioujen was sitting. They all didn't care about Chioujen's existence at all.

Chioujen was really nervous and restless. Never before had anything like this happened in his life. He couldn't calm himself down. Chioujen repeatedly looked left and right. He'd never done anything like that before. Chioujen wondered to himself about the clothes he was wearing now. He didn't know that the clothes were effective enough or whether they made him more conspicuous so that he would be easily recognized by passersby. Chioujen was not an undercover agent or someone who had received training in espionage. So he really didn't know if what he was doing was right or wrong. The things he was doing right now were purely based on his instincts.

While sitting there, no one went in there. So far, Chioujen had been alone. Chioujen had wondered if there was a new rule in their housing complex that forbade people to sit or hang out there. Finally, he got bored. He almost decided to just go home and sleep at home. But suddenly he saw two people walking towards him. The two of them were carrying enormous backpacks. They were his two housemates, namely Jenqyih and Shinnshiow. Chioujen held his magazine high so that it covered his face as the two of them passed the substation. Chioujen lowered his magazine. He intended to continue his surveillance for at least another two hours. After that, he will go to the station to rest in the capsule hotel that was there. He saw that Shinnshiow and Jenqyih had already passed about fifty meters from him. When he turned his face in the opposite direction, he saw two people walking while looking straight ahead. The two of them were very strange. They walked, but their eyes seemed not to focus on the things around them. Instead, they were looking far ahead. Chioujen followed those people's gazes and immediately realized that the two of them were observing and following Shinnshiow and Jenqyih.

Chioujen didn't know what to do. He had thought about going home and telling Shannchyuan everything he knew. But after remembering the photos in Hannrong's bag, he abandoned the plan. If their house was being watched, then people who come or go from the house will also be monitored. If he went home now, he would soon be on the list of people to watch out for. Maybe he should call their house to warn his friends. However, their landlines might have been tapped. It was also impossible for Chioujen to enter the house by any other means. The walls to the side and back of the house were very high.

1