Chapter 076 : Dongfang Jenqyih
151 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shannchyuan folded the leather jacket he was carrying. Deftly, he tucked the leather jacket under the pile of costumes for the play's props. While smiling. Shannchyuan closed and locked the box. The key to the box immediately disappeared into Shannchyuan's trouser pocket. The box, from the outside, looked like an ordinary wooden box. But it was clear that it wasn't an ordinary wooden box because it wasn't made of wood at all. The material for making the box was a very light metal alloy. Although light, its strength was much greater than steel. They had already tried to break the box purposely. Among other things, by hitting the box with a hammer. Even Shannchyuan had dropped the box from a height of ten meters. The box turned out to be okay.

Shannchyuan came out of the shed and took Jenqyih to go to the backyard.

What did Dahge actually mean? Going around in circles like this really didn't make the situation any easier.

"Let's sit here first." Shannchyuan put his ass on one chair. He asked Jenqyih to sit on the chair in front of him. At that moment Shannchyuan sat facing the wall in the backyard.

I hope this isn't some kind of test. I'm so tired right now.

"How is your friend doing? Does he look all right?" Shannchyuan opened the conversation.

"He looks a lot older. But he's fine." Jenqyih didn't lie. Indeed, that was what he had witnessed.

"When was the last time you saw him? I mean, before six months ago?" Shannchyuan's tone was soft yet firm.

"About fifteen years ago."

"It's been a long time, huh?" Shannchyuan nodded. "Over the past fifteen years, have you had any contact with him? I mean, by phone or letter?"

"Nothing. I was surprised when I met him six months ago on the train."

He still didn't understand the meaning of the series of questions that were successively asked by Shannchyuan. But from what Shannchyuan had just said, he concluded Shannchyuan suspected something.

From the look on his face and eyes, Shannchyuan seemed to have guessed that Jenqyih had such thoughts. He let out a long breath. While gazing far away at the high wall behind him, he opened his mouth. "You were being followed by an unknown person. You don't know how far the person following you will go. He might injure you. In that situation, instead of going to the police station, you visit your friend. If the person who was following you was really a dangerous person, then you're tantamount to putting your friend in danger."

Shannchyuan stopped his speech. He was still looking at the high wall that separated their backyard from the backyard of the house behind them.

Ah! Turns out I was right! Dahge must have thought that my friend was a special person!

After about ten seconds, Shannchyuan continued his speech. "Unless your friend isn't an ordinary person."

Shannchyuan was silent for another moment.

What should I do now? I couldn't have told Dahge all of our backgrounds.

"If your friend isn't an ordinary person, then the person following you might not be a match for your friend. You must have thought that your friend would be fine. So your act of visiting your friend makes sense."

To anyone, all this time, Jenqyih has never once told a part of her past that she really shouldn't tell. But from his words, it was clear that Shannchyuan had already guessed certain parts of Jenqyih's past that he had never shared with his friends. Shannchyuan seemed to have guessed what kind of organization had been a part of Jenqyih's life.

This is really a dilemma! I need a little time to think.

Jenqyih was speechless.

"Don't worry," said Shannchyuan. "I understand that someone must have a good reason to tell something, or not to tell something."

Jenqyih nodded his head, listening to Shannchyuan's words. He still didn't utter a word.

Shannchyuan still said more. "Do you think your friend is worthy of your trust?"

Jenqyih took a deep breath. "I've helped him in the past. I could say that he owes me my life. Therefore, it seems unlikely that he intends to harm me."

"But that was over twenty years ago. In twenty years, people can change." Shannchyuan's voice was relaxed yet firm.

Jenqyih was surprised. Shannchyuan could guess that the incident he had helped his friend with had happened over twenty years ago.

Who exactly is this Dahge? How did he know it was over twenty years ago? It turns out that there are many mysterious things about him.

Jenqyih thought further. He realized he wasn't the only one who didn't tell Shannchyuan much. All this time, it also seemed like there were a lot of things that Shannchyuan didn't tell others.

So many mysterious things from Dahge. Maybe he also had more or less the same experience as me.

Such a thought was not too strange. Shannchyuan came from a family from privileged background. The people in the Duanmuh family should be familiar with such mysterious matters.

"I hope you're right. If that friend of yours can still be trusted, then he can help us. But before we can be completely sure of that, we better be careful."

Jenqyih nodded. He agreed with that thought.

"How many things have you told your friend?"

"I told almost everything. Except for things related to Miss Liuchiou. I said nothing about her at all. I just said we got the bag because Songfei called us. He wanted to leave the bag with us for a while. I also didn't tell about the notebook we found. I told him that from inside the bag, we found a brown envelope filled with paper filled with red ink scribbles, a photograph, and a map. Regarding the photo, I didn't say that we recognized any of the faces in the picture. We've never seen the kidnapping incident, so there's no way we'd know that the woman in the photo was the victim of a kidnapping."

"Good!" Shannchyuan nodded. "We don't need to involve Yinqyueh. As originally planned, if anyone asks, just say that Yinqyueh is my relatives."

Jenqyih nodded. "About that jacket..." Jenqyih said the sentence with full of doubts.

"Ah! I just want to be careful. I'm afraid that the jacket has been fitted with some kind of sound-tapping device. I heard from several people, currently there are some sound-tapping devices that have sky-high sensitivity. So if you just put the jacket inside room, it could be that the sound of our conversation is still within the reach of the eavesdropper installed there. The box in the shed is an extraordinary box. It is made of sound-absorbing material. I have already tested it. At that time, I once inserted a voice recorder, which I lit into the box. Then I screamed and banged on the box. After I checked, it turned out that the sounds I made were not recorded on the recorder at all."

Oh! So that's what Dahge actually did back then!

1