Chapter 088 : Jongharng Chioujen
58 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man in the brown coat nodded. "By the way, how about your ongoing project? Is it going well?"

"Yeah, it's okay. Even though there are a few distractions sometimes, I can handle everything."

"Observing people isn't easy. If they realize you're watching them, it's going to be a mess."

"Yes. I know. Although I have been used to observing and monitoring people's movements for over forty years but somehow, in the last five years, in doing this process, many people have realized that I am watching them. Even though I was cautious. The older I get, the more skilled I am, the more careless I am. Maybe I'm just not fit to do something like this."

The person wearing the brown jacket laughed at his friend's words. "If it's true that you are not suitable to do this, you must have given up long ago. The proof is that you are still doing it. It means that in your heart, you feel very suitable to do these things. I think it's because your physical condition is not the same as it used to be, so you are less agile in moving. You have a lot of limitations."

"I don't know! Maybe you're right. But maybe I need to reevaluate the things I've done so far. There are so many things I don't fully understand."

Who are these people? What kind of project are they talking about?

"Enough, already. Don't talk too much. The food has arrived. Let's eat first," said the person in the brown jacket while giving the plate and chopsticks to the person wearing a dark green coat.

The two of them then started to eat the roasted turkey fried noodles, which smelled so tempting. Chioujen didn't have the slightest idea what they were talking about. But certain words in their conversation made him interested in hearing them. He wanted to keep eavesdropping on their conversation. After a while, the food he ordered was ready. Chioujen looked at the dish with sparkling eyes. His stomach was screaming, begging Chioujen to immediately put the dish in his stomach. With a steady motion, Chioujen started digging into the food with his chopsticks.

"What about those people? Did they do anything extraordinary?" The man in the brown jacket spoke again.

"Nothing out of the ordinary. They are doing their normal activities. Daily routine." The man in the dark green coat shoved the food into his mouth.

"Didn't you say they had lost their jobs?"

"Yeah, about three months ago, they lost their jobs in a row. I don't know if it was a coincidence, or they were just unlucky. But as I recall, for the last two weeks or so, they went out every day in the morning and came back in the afternoon. Like people who are busy working every day."

"Maybe they've got a job."

"Not yet. They're still unemployed. They're very picky when it comes to working. If they feel they don't really fit the job offered, they won't accept it."

Hearing the series of sentences that the two of them had just said, Chioujen became even more curious. He listened carefully. Because he had to listen to the conversations of the people next to him, this time Chioujen couldn't focus on enjoying the dish he was eating. But he knew his beaushu could understand. In such circumstances, some things were far more important to do.

"Are they really that unique?"

"Everyone has their own uniqueness. I see them as interesting people." The man in the dark green coat sounded so enthusiastic.

"They're all middle-aged, right?"

"You could say that. Although often their way of thinking and speaking is not very similar to the way middle-aged people think and talk. Sometimes their behavior and speech are more like people in their twenties. I don't know why they act like that. Maybe I should research their background as well. What happened to them since decades ago is probably no less interesting topic."

"That would be very difficult."

"Yeah, it's almost impossible to even for me to do. They came from far away from here. I don't think I would have gone there to research their past lives."

"Was there a change in their character?"

"I haven't watched them long. As far as I know, nothing has changed."

"Everything static?"

"I've been watching them for the last six months. Lived around them for the past five months. Before that, of course, I don't know."

"Are they typical people from Yeuandong?"

"Not really. But I don't know what the typical person from Yeuandong is like. But clearly, their nature and habits are very similar to each other. I haven't been able to determine whether the similarities between them are the result of their mutual influence during their stay together or whether they've been similar from the start. It's natural for people who have the same interests to form a club. So it's possible that the eldest among them is deliberately gathering people who look like him to live together."

"The eldest of them, isn't he the one who used to work at the used bookstore?"

"Yeah, that's him. He's the leader of the group. Even though he looks the youngest in appearance, he's the oldest."

Uh? Are they talking about Beaushu?

"I think that person is also somewhat similar to you." The person in the brown jacket said with a serious face. After that, he laughed.

1