Chapter 098 : Jongharng Chioujen
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The atmosphere was tranquil. Two guards were sitting in front of Shindongchaang's office. Not only them but there were also still two other guards on the floor. Chioujen decided to stop looking for that person anymore. He didn't want to attract the guards' attention who were there. He decided to return to where he had previously eaten a delicious meal. If the person wearing the light blue shirt is no longer at the stall selling the tuna dish, then he will posthaste return to his room and resume his interrupted sleep.

Before leaving the floor, Chioujen took the time to stop by the restroom. There were several restrooms on that floor. Intuitively, Chioujen chose the one closest to him. The washroom was in one corner of the floor. Of course, that was just Chioujen's estimation. He didn't know for sure what the shape of the building on the bottom floor was. Chioujen had to go through a winding hallway to get to the restroom. Chioujen had never even explored the bottom floor, so he relied solely on the signs written on the walls there.

He went into the restroom and urinated there. As he came out of the toilet, he realized there was something important. In the hallway, it turned out that there was another turn that did not lead to the restroom. The turn was not visible from the direction he came in earlier, but people walking from the restroom to the outside would notice it easily. Even so, it was impossible for people returning from the toilet to enter the turn because it was so dark. There were no lights in the hallway after the other turn.

Chioujen was in no hurry to do anything else. He decided to see where the turn would lead. He walked carefully. Luckily, he had grabbed a flashlight before leaving the room, so he didn't have to worry about walking in the dark.

The other aisle turned out to be quite long. Chioujen had already walked about fifty meters from where he had turned earlier. Maybe more. Chioujen couldn't be sure because he was focused on the dark passage, not on the distance he had walked. He didn't know what place it was and why people had built the passage. He could only surmise that there might have been a plan to create a larger space. For some reason, the plan was not continued. Some of the hallways that had already been built in the project were abandoned. After that, people might forget about the existence of these passages.

Chioujen finally arrived at the end of the hall. The end of the hall was like a dead end. With the help of the flashlight, he scanned the three sides of the wall at the dead end. There was a door on each side of the wall. So, there were three doors in total. Chioujen tried to open the doors. Turns out he could open all the doors. All three doors were unlocked. He intended to examine the room behind the doors. Chioujen chose to start from the door on the left wall.

The room behind the door was a shed. Maybe the room was not a shed at first, but then it was used as a storage space. The door where Chioujen had entered was in one corner of the shed. The room was quite spacious, maybe about two hundred square meters. Many of the items appeared to have been there for decades. Jongharng Station was an ancient subway station. Chioujen didn't know exactly when the station started operating, but at least it was more than five hundred years ago. Indeed, the station had undergone several renovations. However, renovations only touched the places that were actually used. A secluded and unused place like the room where Chioujen was standing definitely wasn't on the list of rooms that needed repair.

Chioujen then tried the door on the right wall. It turned out that the room behind the door was exactly the same as the previous room. It was clear that the two rooms were a pair of identical rooms separated by a passage.

1