Chapter 105 : Beeihae Shinnshiow
133 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shinnshiow and Shannchyuan approached the door. Shannchyuan shone his flashlight into the passage behind the door. Can't see anything there. Shannchyuan gestured for Shinnshiow to stop. Shannchyuan wanted to enter the passage alone. Shinnshiow didn't have time to argue because Shannchyuan had already stepped into the underground passage.

Shannchyuan paused for a moment. Shinnshiow wasn't sure what was going through Shannchyuan's mind. Maybe the man had doubts. But it wasn't long. A moment later, Shannchyuan stepped forward a little so that his feet were already in the dark passage. Again, he shone on the walls on the right and left of the hall. From behind, still, Shinnshiow couldn't see anything quite conspicuous.

Shannchyuan then turned his body. He rushed out of the hall. After standing by Yinqyueh's side, Shannchyuan grabbed the girl's hand. He gently led the girl back to the stone bench where they had sat before. Shinnshiow followed behind them. After the three of them sat back down, Shannchyuan opened his mouth again.

"The light you just saw, flashing or moving?"

Yinqyueh looked at Shannchyuan. She raised her right hand. With a quick movement, the girl placed her right palm on her forehead. She looked like she was trying hard to remember something.

"It happened so fast. I can't remember for sure. At first, the light flashed, then suddenly disappeared."

"The light dimmed, then disappeared, or did it suddenly disappear?"

"All of a sudden, it disappeared!"

"The light disappeared before or after you shouted?"

"I saw a flash of light, after which I shouted. Then the light disappeared."

Hearing Yinqyueh's words, Shinnshiow nodded. He glanced at Shannchyuan. Shinnshiow was sure that Shannchyuan had the same conjecture as him.

Shannchyuan took a deep breath. "Shiowdi, what do you think just happened?"

"I think we shouldn't talk too loud for now," Shinnshiow whispered.

"Eh?" Yinqyueh called out slowly. The girl turned to Shinnshiow.

"Right!" Shannchyuan also whispered. "I think there's someone in the hallway. What you saw earlier was probably that person's flashlight. After hearing your scream, he turned off the flashlight right away. I don't know if that person is still in the hallway or has run away."

"So, what should we do now?" Shinnshiow felt a little panicked. But he tried to stay calm.

"You two, better go up there first. This situation is clearly hazardous. We don't know who the person wandering in the hallway was. I'll ask Yihshyong and Jenqyih to come down here. Later, I will go into the passage to check the situation with them." Shannchyuan's tone was unyielding.

Apparently, Shannchyuan wanted Jenqyih and Yihshyong to go down into the basement to enter the passage where they had opened the door. Shinnshiow could completely understand that.

Dahge definitely doesn't want anything bad to happen to Miss Liuchiou. I hope this girl understands Dahge's concern. Now is not the time to be stubborn!

Shinnshiow was relieved that the girl straight away nodded without arguing in the slightest. Shannchyuan, Shinnshiow, and Yinqyueh immediately walked towards the corner where the ladder going up to the surface was. Shinnshiow pounded on the iron steps stuck in the cellar wall with a certain rhythm. Apart from reporting that two people would be going up, Shinnshiow also requested that two people come down to replace them.

Shinnshiow was nervous because he had to wait quite a long time for an answer from up there. Shinnshiow wanted to get up there right away without the help of a harness. He felt the iron rods were very solid as a foothold. But Shannchyuan stopped him. The situation was not that serious at that time, so they had to prioritize the safety factor. If the problem had indeed reached an emergency stage, where time was precious, they could relax a bit of the safety factor. Even so, they still have to be careful.

Shannchyuan said maybe Jenqyih, who should always be on guard at the edge of the hole, was a little sleepy, so he didn't pay attention to the sound coming from below. It was only after Shinnshiow pounded the iron rod again that there was a reply from above. Shinnshiow could hear Shannchyuan heave a sigh of relief.

While waiting for the three people above to be ready to pull them up, Shinnshiow and Shannchyuan tied ropes around Yinqyueh's body. The girl didn't utter any words. Shinnshiow could not tell that the girl was scared or that she was simply reluctant to speak. Finished tying Yinqyueh's body with ropes, Shannchyuan helped Shinnshiow wrap the safety rope around Shinnshiow's body. Yinqyueh would go upstairs first, then Shinnshiow would follow.

1